Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

The BGC and Patlabor elements of DoS leave me groping for a different take. That and the main elements are KoF/SF/SM.

BTW: We're causing the thread to drift. Maybe we should take this elsewhere, eh?

The BGC and Patlabor elements of DoS leave me groping for a different take. That and the main elements are KoF/SF/SM.

BTW: We're causing the thread to drift. Maybe we should take this elsewhere, eh?

Sure. Start one in Other Genres and let me know.

This is an old one, but it came up in conversation recently.

Dragonfly and Samurai are sparring, and the difficulty of finding dates came up...

Dragonfly : [other female on team] is a psycho, and it's not like I'm your type.

Samurai : Actually, you kind of are.

Dragonfly : What? You're into blondes or is that I can beat you up?

Samurai : Both, actually.

Dragonfly : ...

Dragonfly spent most of her run not dating because she'd been modified with insect DNA and was not 100% sure some of it didn't come from the type of insect that rips off the male's head, after...

During our Tuesday night gaming session, we are currently playing Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay.

GM: "Make a perception roll as you travel down the road."

....everyone but Rob made it....

Rob: "Can I make a perception roll to see what they are hearing?"

..After the laugher died down...

Rob: "Can I notice them looking in the direction of the noise?"

GM: "The noise came from up ahead on the road. The whole party is looking that way, because you are traveling that way"

Random quotes from the Dark Guardians Champions game over the last month or so...

GM: "Come on, you know it's not really a real combat for you guys unless Midnight's money is being thrown around."

Midnight: "Hey, for all I know, Whispering Death has the erotic drive of a strand of kelp."

Whispering Death: "Touchstone got laid! Who wants pancakes?"

Touchstone to Whispering Death: "Just because YOU haven't got laid since BEFORE you were killed..."

GM: "Okay, so Midnight and Whispering Death are seated in the waiting area, Touchstone's over by the table, Rhyanon's in the potted plant..."

Midnight: "Well, if you're going for being ignored, you could always stand outside wearing your robes, holding out flowers, and asking people if they've accepted Christ as their personal savior. Not only would no one want to talk to you, but they'd probably go out of their way to pretend you weren't even there."

John: "Qurria'al will just dive through the skylight."

Marianne: "There isn't one."

John: "Yet."

DeAnna: "You just got kicked in the nads by BodyJack!"

GM: "So you're going incognito?"

Michelle *sotto voce*: "If you can call a well-dressed knockout redhead with a Yakuza bodyguard pulling up in a Ferrari and walking into a downtown bank 'going incognito...'"

GM: "Well, Qurria'al is now strolling toward the back of the bank to go rip the vault out of the wall..."

DeAnna: "Oh, s***, BodyJack just took over the brick!?!"

Marianne: "Great, anyone here strong enough to take Qurria'al down?"

GM: "John, what's Qurria'al's Casual Strength?"

John: "35."

GM: "Then no."

*the whole group stops to think for a minute, then everyone looks at Michelle, whose character Midnight is physically the weakest member of the group*

Shane: "Okay, Midnight, he's all yours, take him!"

Michelle

aka

Samuraiko

This is from an old pulp hero game of mine

the hero's had been dungeon delving and had just come across a room with a shiny silver floor. the floor was really 3inches of mercury (just enough for a human to float)

GM (me): you see a room with a vaulting roof and an odd metallic silver floor

Rocketeer:*leans over and rubs the floor* i think this is mercury!

Player: wait isn't mercury posion?

Montana Smith (indiana jones): not in 1935 it isn't

the party then "walked" across the floor

it got really interesting on there way out when they had to battle nazis while balancing on the mercury

ahh... good times

Aaron didn't show up for the game this week. This was pretty bad news given that the group currently consists of him, Gary and myself. Plus, with his Mental Paralysis/fear-based abilities, he's the most combat-effective of the trio.

So since we started this week on Phase 12 with a squad of Orcs and Trolls 'porting out of nowhere to attack the NPC spellcaster we were interviewing, the GM had Aaron's character run off with her in hopes of getting her to safety. Naturally as we were outnumbered, this failed miserably. And naturally Gary was griping about it. He said after the monsters kidnapped the NPC over Aaron's unconscious body, "Maybe next battle we should have you do something less complicated than 'run away.' Like maybe 'drop dead.' And you'll fail that too, and live."

JG

My fortnightly game was last night:

Miss Chaos on why to save Terminus: "Funerals are cheap, property damage is expensive."

I'm going to get her for that one...

feel free.. it was Truman who said it.

Boston Guardians (from about 5 years ago)

Context: a demon has just come rampaging into Guardians HQ

Demon:Wizard!! Your soul is mine!!

Hi-Kick:Warlock, Its for you.

Warlock (on seeing this enormous demon): Warlock's not in right now. If you leave a message he'll get back to you.

Context: Warlock is meditating and two of the other Guardians come in and find him.

Geomancer: What's he doing?

Hi-Kick: Either uncovering the mysteries of the universe or trying to find his lost car keys again.

playing GURPS4E my character is being introduced to the team. There's a question that I might be working for the bad guy they just capture (considering I'm holding an unconcious member of their team in my hand)

Miasma: You don't work for this guydo you?

Summer (OOC I thnk): [stupid voice] Doi, you caught me!. (IC for sure): Like they would admit it! (slaps Miasma upside the head)

450 pt Champions 4 color game.

Sentinel, team power armor guy and general science wiz, is programming the Auto-doc for an injured team mate...

"Okay...adjust for weight, height, and gender. Feed in secondary readings from preliminary scan... and..." *Finger hovers over button* "Execute."

*Long Pause*

"I should probably rename that."

Later, the group grabs the Avashti Dagger from DEMON after a long and convoluted chase. They then get news that it might be a fake, and no one has opened the box yet to see if the dagger is actually IN the decorative box...So Lady Arcane slowly starts to lift the lid...

Lucky Jack, the Crimson Bowman: "Okay, I'm aiming my glue arrow right at the box as she opens it."

Epoch Aeon: "Yeah, cuz a glue arrow is really going to stop Ancient Evil!"

Yesterday's Valdorian Age game had us attacked in our sleep at the inn by assassins. Kessa (my character) and Sophia slept through the first turn or two, then finally heard a crash and wandered out of bed. Kessa disposes of the assassins outside their room, and captures the last one alive, while the NPC and Rafe struggle with their four, eventually stabbing the last one THROUGH a bed, pinning him to it.

With the last of our group captured and not realizing that the room next door is trashed, Sophia's player declares, "Sophia . . . goes back to bed."

After finally dispatching the last of THEIR group (and rendering his bed unusable), the NPC wanders downstairs, and says to the innkeeper, "I need a new room. This one is unsatisfactory." The innkeeper inquires what was wrong with it, and he says, deadpan, "The bed was too lumpy."

I reply, OOC, "So you threw it out the window with a guy pinned to the bottom of it . . .?"

Later, my character finishes interrogating the captured assassin, and carries his unconscious self down to the innkeeper and dumps it on the floor. The NPC nods at it and says, "Lump."

Kessa, meanwhile, says, "What do you do around here with people who try to kill your patrons in the middle of the night?"

After the guard come by to inspect the mess, the NPC wanders outside to where the bed fell and says, "Oh, can I have my sword back?"

Much later, after the game, I was explaining to Josh why I'd tried to talk him into letting my character do something unorthodox which would've aborted her next action as, "I would've thought you'd've welcomed ANYTHING that slowed her down in combat!" Initially he grunted, in agreement, then said, "Oh. YEAH."

(My character is built to deal with large groups of enemy combatants, so combats almost always go faster than Josh had planned, much to his annoyance.)

OOC quote at the game last night. One of the players brought dinner for the rest of us -- a big kettle of soup. We were dishing up and getting ready to dig in, when someone says, "Wow, what a nice green soup. What's in it?"

"Well, I doubled the amount of pee that the recipe called for," was the response.

I'm sitting on the couch with the spoon held up to my mouth. I slowly lower the spoon and say, "Boy, I sure hope you meant to say "peas" just then..." :nonp:

GM(Me): So you go to the police station to see if the results from your test are in. You notice that the other Cops are treating you differently.

Damian Mathhews: I check for explosives.

From a Western Game.

GM: The raider is riding closer to you, and fast, what do you do?

John Valkiery: Can I get a clean shot off on him?

GM: Yeah he'd be easy to hit from this angle.

John Valkiery: Good. I shoot the horse.

Last Monday's Star HERO game. The PCs are attempting to clear inter-dimensional arachnids from an alien space hulk. The Captain is using Continuous Fire with his plaser rifle to blast many of these warp spiders at a time, rather accurately.

Var'kesh (Engineer): "You should teach all your security that..."

Captain Murdoch: "What? Firing discipline?"

"He's violating my Code Against Getting Killed."

-------------------------------------------------

Not a quote, but still funny ...

During the game (Pulp HERO), one of the PCs recieves a phone call. The player picks up his cellphone and uses it as a prop while playing his side of the conversation. Another player sneaks out his cellphone and calls the conversing player ... the ringtone goes off right in his ear and scared the living crap out of him. :D

I'm not even going to try and give this context.

Next game is Wednesday, August 16th at 8:15pm.

Will Marksman deal with Foxbat?

Will Sequoia deal with Exo Skeleton Man?

Will Catalyst play Shock the Monkey?

Will the Monkey play Shock the Catalyst?

Will Tornado deal with all the corn?

What about Dauntless? What does he know? Which side is he on?

All these answers, and more, will be revealed on the next episode of

'Texas Guardians'.

"Next time I run D&D, I'm going to have to do an adventure where some Yuan-Ti hijack an airship."

(Blank stares.)

"So the PCs can deal with mother****in snakes on a mother****in' plane!"

(Mass groans.)

This was about two weeks after my urge to do an adventure titled 'Raiders of the Lost Orc'. :D