Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Shadows Angelus -- The PCs have to enter the haunted Omega Sector.

Yiska: Anything we can do to distract Class 1 and 2 Entities?

GM: Bring a lot of raw steak.

Nestor (OOC): Yiska? Why do you think you're here?

Nestor (as Carpenter kills a killer teddy bear): Fluff flies.

Burton: I step up to (the killer teddy bear) lean down and take its picture.

Carpenter: Doctor (Burton), do you need any help?

Burton (brandishing scalpel): Can you hold this (monster) down?

Nestor: What Phase are we on?

Michael (holds up four fingers): Three.

GM: Burton? You're stuffed inside the (mecha) cockpit.

Burton: Great! That's where I was heading anyway!

Michael: Yiska? You're being inappropriately touched by an unholy angel.

Michael: Tyger's Blue Steel Special is being gang raped by the J-Team. They're going to give him the full 14-point inspection.

Burton: DEX roll and Unluck? Thanks Carpenter.

GM: (Yiska), I have your EGO +40. I need to talk with you in the other room.

Yiska: I'm saddened.

Robert (OOC): What's a 'drider'?

GM: Drow-spider centaur.

Robert (OOC): *sigh* D&D.

Nestor: This is going to be bad, or very bad.

GM: You have a 6-ton power armor on you.

Hemelshot: Am I trapped?

GM: It's on top of you.

Hemelshot: I'll take that as a yes.

Michael: We have a laser mounted in a shopping cart?

Carpenter: Don't mind him, he's a scientist.

From Knightshift Stories (DC:TAS) campaign, session 2 -- The characters are battling Clockwork, a time-themed villain with a chronograph fetish and have defeated the villain. The villain's real name is Michael Thomas Greenwich. Powerhouse is being played by a guy who really hates puns.

Clockwork: You can't send me back prison -- I WON'T GO!

Powerhouse: Not only are you going to the big house, Greenwich, you're going to do some mean time!

(There was exactly four seconds of silence before the player realized what he said.)

Yeah, I thought it was funny. :)

Matt "No-'second'-chances" Frisbee (Har-de-har-har!)

Mid-week Star Wars game. (My first real oportunity to post.)

The party is in a bit of a pickle. Johest, the pilot, is on life support and in need of cyborg conversion of 20% of his brain if he ever wants to walk again. Sandral, the former-senator/rather dangerous gun-nut, has just successfully repelled a possession attempt by an ancient Sith Lord (again, thats 2-for-2). Vishil, the roguish monk/jedi, is wigging out a little over having been possessed for the last 6 hours. My character Uran, the archaeologist/killing machine, is dead. (Time for character number 3. At least #3 didn't end up killing #2, like #2 did for #1). All of this has happened whilst exploring Freedon Nadd's tomb on Duxn, a few months after the Battle of Yavin.

Sandral: So, where do we go next?

Vishal: Don't we want to stick around and look for HK-47?

Sandral: Not particularly. We might find him.

Note: It does occur to me that the quote works just as well without context. El Muerte Roha (How's my Spanish?) is never a droid you want to "encounter."

From Thursday's fantasy game.

We're in the ubiquitous tavern when an NPC approaches us with a job offer. After a couple minutes of our weirdness, the NPC is seriously wondering whether there might be some other adventurers he could hire instead...

GM: (OOC) "Don't scare away the plot hook."

The NPC eventually hires us to go track down a missing archeologist named Belloq.

Me: "Really, is he French?"

Player #2: [in John Rhys-Davies voice] "They call him Belloshe"

Me: "SOB can effing rescue himself!"

Player #2: "If only we spoke Hovitos!"

Followed by several other Raiders of the Lost Arc references. Sadly, the other players & GM had no idea what we were talking about. :no:

My lizardman character accidentally referred to the (evil) Ssethrics instead of the (good) Ss'ressens:

"Sorry, slip of the forked tongue."

The GM describes an NPC's attire, which includes gold & mauve armor.

Polonius: (a patrician who's a bit of a dandy) "Gold and Mauve? We have to kill him for that alone."

GM: "I didn't know you took the Fashion Police Perk."

Later the GM describes a troll-like monster with a brightly-colored carapice:

Wizard Player: (OOC) "Does his colorful candy shell give him fire resistance?"

This last bit was related to me from a game I missed. One of the PCs is a powerful wizard who loves big area effect spells that do tons of damage to as many opponents as possible. The concept of only attacking one opponent at a time is somehow foreign to him. But in this case, the monsters had a group of captured nuns in their midst.

Wizard: "Can I hit them (the monsters) with a fireball?"

GM: "You'd almost certainly kill the nuns too."

Wizard: "OK how about... (an area effect Entangle that also inflicts damage on those caught in it)?"

GM: "The nuns are still there."

Wizard: "I could cast (another area effect damage-dealer)"

GM: "Nuns!"

Wizard: "There's always... (and another)"

GM: "Still nuns!"

Wizard: "Or maybe..."

Apparantly this went on for quite some time, to the great amusement of the other players... He was eventually persuaded to throw a non-damage-dealing area effect entangle. :)

From yesterday's FH game:

Father Danaecus, the offbeat priest, declares that they'll stop the bandits from their erring ways by taking away their weapons, and their pants. This in and of itself got the table in an uproar, but these gems did come of it:

(Context: the party has just passed by a town where the dominant church is a sex cult. They passed on by, carefully averting their eyes.)

Aralden (bard NPC): What's taking their pants away going to do? I mean, the nearest town is . . . Oh. Never mind; carry on.

Sir Gerard (knight PC): I don't get it. Why take away their pants?

Father Danaecus: It's not like they'll want to attack anyone without them.

Sir Gerard: Oh, how far I've come. Used to be a Holy Knight of the Church, now THIS . . .

From Origins.

The Auditioners, run by CpSpaulding.

A pal of mine was taking on the role of Barnraiser, Amish Pacifist Brick. He was ragging on the team's blind speedster - Speedbump - a little much, I felt. So I had to pipe in:

"Wow, you're a Mean-onite!"

There was also an excellent bit where we got to visit a Star-Trek themed German restaurant. We had rented out the entire place, and were seated as soon as we came in. As we received our menus, I was struck by inspiration.

"I'll have the 'What Does God Need With a Bratwurst'."

This prompted several other Star Trek themed German dishes from the rest of the table. ;)

Our standard theme restaurant is "The Obvious Trap". It started out in a Star Hero game where we had an exchange along the lines of,

PC1 - She says she's willing to meet us in a public place, maybe a restaurant in port

PC2 - Because being in public has stopped the homicidal android in the past?

PC1 - We have to try.

PC2 - Fine, you meet her at the obvious trap, we'll provide backup outside.

PC3 - "The Obvious Trap"? What is that, a chain?

The Obvious Trap is now the default restaurant for any sort of public meeting. It made its way into a SuperHero campaign. We even had a PC have a date at the fancier version - "Le Piège Évident"

It's kind of like a Fridays/Bennigans/Ruby Tuesday, except the tschotschke's on the walls are swinging blades, rope traps, etc. The waiters wear ninja pajamas, femme fatale dresses, or other goonwear. The pens are shaped like little blow-dart tubes... They have franchises all over the place.

Our standard theme restaurant is "The Obvious Trap". It started out in a Star Hero game where we had an exchange along the lines of,

PC1 - She says she's willing to meet us in a public place, maybe a restaurant in port

PC1 - We have to try.

The Obvious Trap is now the default restaurant for any sort of public meeting. It made its way into a SuperHero campaign. We even had a PC have a date at the fancier version - "Le Piège Évident"

It's kind of like a Fridays/Bennigans/Ruby Tuesday, except the tschotschke's on the walls are swinging blades, rope traps, etc. The waiters wear ninja pajamas, femme fatale dresses, or other goonwear. The pens are shaped like little blow-dart tubes... They have franchises all over the place.

This is absolutely one of the best running jokes I've ever seen for a campaign. Freaking hilarious.

PC1 - We have to try.

d00d, I am so stealing this. :thumbup:

I just remembered a running franchise in one of my gaming groups. "Honest Achmed's Used ."

It first started as "Honest Achmed's Used Camels" in an Arabian Nights campaign. "Ah Salam, good Sirs! Welcome to Honest Achmed's Used Camels, where we have the finest broken-in camels in all of Al-Qalah! Please, feel free to inspect any of these fine camels. Oh no, Sir! Not that one! She spits fiercely, Sir!" This was followed by “Honest Achmed’s Used Cars.” “Oh no, Sir! Not that one! She leaks terribly so, Sir!” “Honest Achmed’s Used Starships.” “Ah, a good choice, Sir. She is a sturdy design, only slightly leaky.”

And then there was, “Honest Achmed’s Used ‘Mechs.” “Isn’t she lovely, Sir? She’s one the last Phoenix Hawk LAMs in existence, now that Clan Nova Cat has captured the last factory. Err, the conversion module? Why, she still has the original, Sir. Does it still work? Allah, save me! Here I am, a humble merchant trying to fend for his three wives, and offering this worthy Sir a chance to own a rare treasure in these troubled times! And he asks me if it still works! Sir, do you see the laser mountings? They have been custom-finished by the finest Capellan sweatsh…err, hand-crafters. How can you pass up such an opportunity?”

We soon learned to use his brother, “Brutally Honest” Abdul, instead. The merchandise wasn’t any better, but he really was “Brutally Honest” about it’s condition.

"Honest" Achmed is best described as an Arabian version of Sgt. Bilko. (The T.V. version, not Steve Martin's, although his was good as well.)

Monday night teen Hero game.

Our characters are on an alien ship orbitting Earth, the only surviving alien is unconscious in the medical bay. We have managed to get the computer to translate itself to English by scanning for local radio and satellite signals and are now trying to figure out where we are in relation to Earth.

Satin (Player #1): "Computer, calculate distance from Earth."

Computer: Nearest habitable world [Earth] 200,000 Galactic standard units in distance."

Basilisk (Player #2): "Okay, now we just need the computer to figure out what a Galactic Standard Unit is in relation to our measurements. Does anyone have a good Measurement idea?"

Bastion (Me): "I've got 12 inches..."

Dead silence...

Bastion holds up his foot.

Dallas based Champions game. Homage to the first Champions group, the Guardians.

Brown and yellow suited figure on comm screen, "Greetings, nemeses, I have prepared a new game for us to play! It's called find the bombs!"

Catalyst (Group weaponeer), "Umm, do I know you?"

Brown and yellow guy, "Of course you do. The Guardians have returned, and I have arrived to play my part in this reboot!"

Catalyst to Marksman II(Group gunner and son of the original Marksman), "Someone's hacked our comm system. Do you recognize him?"

Brown and yellow guy says before Marksman can reply while tapping the screen, "Is this thing on?"

Marksman, "Someone hacked our communications. Who is it?"

Catalyst to brown guy, "Just a minute."

Brown guy, "Is there an adult I can speak to?"

Marksman makes his rep roll, "(Sigh) What do you want, Freddie?"

Foxbat, "Greeting, Proper Nemesis!"

Game broke for the night.

Just ran a session of my Streetfighter/Darkstalkers/King of Fighters/Sailor Moon-based Ninja Hero game tonight. Only two players whose characters are: Jian Maxwell, a tough brawler who "really hates this mystic $#!7", and Demon Sword, who just recently reveiled that his is _technically_ possessed by a demon.

Jian - It's not that I don't trust you, but I don't trust you.

I'm still trying to figure out how to mesh in Ah Megami-sama!' date=' Ranma½ and Tenchi Muyo. Kimagure Orange Road is a snap though.[/quote']

Google something called "Dance of Shiva" -- see if its still around. Author plausibly combines AMG!, Tenchi, BGC, KOR, Patlabor, and even Sailor Moon into one universe. It'd make a hell of a supers game.