Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Last night's fantasy game (forgive the occassional d20 reference):

After a recently-rescued NPC explains how he let himself be captued by Hobgoblins in order to keep an eye on the head-Hobgoblin's magic sword, figuring sooner or later some heroes would happen by and rescue him:

PC: "No offense, but that was a really lame plan."

NPC: "It worked, didn't it?"

The psion (mentalist) offers to verify the NPC's story:

Psion: "Would you mind if I picked thorugh your brain? Just a little?"

We agree to help the NPC with his ritual to destroy the Evil Sword. The ritual reaches its climax:

NPC: "Now drive the sword through your heart!'

PC: "You know, you kinda brushed over that part when you were explaining this..."

The Patrician gets felled by a massive axe wound to the chest. (He got better.) The GM passes him a note:

Other player: "What's it say?"

Patrician: "Chicks dig scars?"

(Note - that wasn't really what it said.)

"Sorry, silence spells don't work on GMs."

Player #1: "We are so screwed."

Player #2: "Can we roll for Knowledge: Screwed?"

Everyone: "Yep, we're screwed."

GM: "If the 3rd Level character wants to charge the 16th Level anti-paladin, I'll give him the tumble roll for free."

"We're not just doing this for money - we're doing this for a ****load of money!"

In some cultures, ripping out someone's spine through their rectum is not only polite, it's expected.

Surprisingly, these sorts of places don't get much in the way of tourist dollars.

But THEY have nationalized medicine. Go fig. :D

In Star Hero:

Early in the campaign, everyone was a little disconcerted that Iroxia's training specialty had been "Advanced Troublemaking".

Now, we're on a pirate planet any everyone except Iroxia has managed to get into a bar brawl, a street fight, insult a local crimelord, or some other mayhem.

PC1: "How is it that Iroxia is the only one not in trouble?"

Iroxia: "(a) Because even the "Basic Troublemaking" curriculum has a few modules on "How Not To Get Caught" and (B) "Advanced Troublemaking" also includes "When Not To".

PC2: "Maybe we should have audited that class..."

After killing a beholder in the last session we go to loot it's nest only to find it's "treasure" consists of collected bits of wood, a tin cup, and some moss.

PC1: What the hell? Beholder's are intelligent creatures, they have treasure!

GM: You surmise this one might have been insane.

PC1: Insane?

PC2: Well, it did try to bash through that door.

PC1: SO?

PC2: It used it's face.

After killing a beholder in the last session we go to loot it's nest only to find it's "treasure" consists of collected bits of wood, a tin cup, and some moss.

PC1: What the hell? Beholder's are intelligent creatures, they have treasure!

GM: You surmise this one might have been insane.

PC1: Insane?

PC2: Well, it did try to bash through that door.

PC1: SO?

PC2: It used it's face.

As I recall, Beholders don't have much else.

JG

True enough' date='but any sane beholder would have to bash through a door using it's rear end.......;)[/quote']

While recognizing the humorous content, I feel obliged to point out that this would allow anyone behind the door to attack it magically, as its anti-magic eye would be pointing the wrong way.

Dude! Beholders don't bash doors' date=' they disintegrate them! This one clearly was not playing with a full duck.[/quote']

A few feathers short of a mallard, eh? ;)

But yeah - disintegration is clearly the proper way to go through a door. Why the players didn't think of this... well, maybe the Beholder wasn't the only one who'd quacked up. :P

So again, in our new game Gary is playing this guy who got his powers from being merged with a demon. He told Don (the GM) that the character's human form looks sorta like Keanu Reeves in Constantine.

So tonight Don makes a new Hero Designer file and writes Gary's background:

"Once upon a time... there was this excellent dude... and this really BOGUS demon.

"And one day the demon tried to possess the excellent dude, which was most heinous."

JG

So again' date=' in our new game Gary is playing this guy who got his powers from being merged with a demon. He told Don (the GM) that the character's human form looks sorta like Keanu Reeves in [i']Constantine.[/i]

So tonight Don makes a new Hero Designer file and writes Gary's background:

"Once upon a time... there was this excellent dude... and this really BOGUS demon.

"And one day the demon tried to possess the excellent dude, which was most heinous."

JG

We need to rep Don!

Quotes of the week from Post Apoc Champs...

Jack Staecker after learning that he now has a mind link with his follower, Pegasus: "I'm like a flying horse whisperer... "

Leo to Jack about attacking the Ceto [giant sea serpent of Greek mythology]: "Use the horse, Jack!"

And the new 'everyman disad' : Psych Lim:Hates Vampires....

7th Sea (Swashbuckly pirates and magic RPG).

The party was on Isla du Bete. For those of you not up on the game background (probably 99.5 %), think the second half of 'Jurassic Park' - only with no high-tech and UGLY, totally psychotic monsters instead of dinosaurs. The Characters had a few very close calls, and had already lost a couple of NPCs in nasty ways.

Oddly enough, they started being extra-cautious.

I was slightly irked by this uncalled-for display of common sense, and asked (rhetorically): "Hey, what happened to the spirit of adventure?"

Immediate response from one Player (the quiet one): "It got eaten by something very big."

A forgotten one from Wednesday Night's Star Wars game.

My character, upon seeing the dilapidated condition of his rescue ship ...

"This must be the ship that made the Kessel Run in twelve pieces."

During an inter-PC fight (all in accordance with GM ... one of the PCs is an Imperial agent looking for my Jedi, but we're working on getting him to change sides), I both hit him by 1, and he failed the save on my blaster's stun setting by 1.

(Player flips me the bird.)

"And it was this one RIGHT HERE."

Last night's game, the PCs were on their way to a meeting with a bunch of other supers from across the country. One PC (female) started asking about the COM scores of the male supers at the meeting. Another player responded "You don't go to a superhero convention to pick up guys!"

Later in the session, a player with a speech impediment was trying to suggest forming an information repository, but instead suggested an information suppository. There were lots of comments that would get me in trouble were I to quote them, but I think my contribution should be relatively safe: "It gives a new meaning to the phrase 'info dump'."

From our Teen Hero game:

"Made it (forensics) by 1."

"He is dead..."

GM: "...teenage boys, some girls, some females..."

GM (describing a near miss): "He missed but you don't need to shave this week."

"We're either not here, or we are here and not where we were."

"I'm sorry. I'm 14. I'm not having sexual relations with an Alien."

"You're talking Nascar. This is Car Wars."

"You didn't have to pop the acid zit on me."

I just ran across Mightybec's sheet from DunDraCon where he played the Professor in the Marginally Powered Sit-Com Heroes game. I found where he had written a quote of his, "I once made an entire woman out of coconuts." Believe me, even better with the wistful look he gave when he said it!

My fortnightly game was last night:

Avatar: "I don't want to be responsible for taking down the city's powergrid."

Chorus of other PC's: "Again!"

Later, when Foxbat has appeared on the scene while we are fighting a desoldified energy vampire:

Trawler (Party Brick, no energy attacks): "He'll probably be more effective than me in this situation."

(NB: He wasn't.)

As my character, Terminus, reaches terminal velocity, falling towards a concret roof:

Miss Chaos on why to save Terminus: "Funerals are cheap, property damage is expensive."

I'm going to get her for that one...