Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From our Fantasy Hero game last year.

While in a tunnel complex the party decided to make camp and set watches for the night.

wizard I need to sleep through the night so that I can cast my spells with out being sleepy.

william (merschant played by me) Yeah I like the mage to get some sleep. Since I do not want to hear ooga booga oops from him.

and one of our players playing an elf named Brook engages a dragon

using dodge and orther MA is doing very well.

player when ask how that is happeing states.

Crouching Brook Hidden Dragon

Our Princess states : It would take a lot for me to order the death of this man (she has a code vs killing)

Gm to me soto voice as we are wacthing this interaction from rooms edge: It's just an ego roll really:wink: she knows it.

(reafirming williams belief that Noble just kill each other.)

Haji the evil player charater druid that has vowed to kill william has suffured a intel drain curse. this has casued negatives to many rolls in the game.

Haji to mage

"what is worng with me"

Blackjack with out missing a beat " There are just so many answers for that"

william hearing of the curse (who is living far away from said durid)

"Well that is not a problem for Haji".

Lord Ghee

Unknown: "You could always call that tactic Operation DD."

That was by Yuki/Striking Tiger, regarding having Singirl warn her teammates before trying that tactic again. She said, "Just tell us you're about to implement Operation Double D!"

Something like that, anyway.

Some quotes from this weeks Victorian Adventures game:

-------------

Amaravati (OOC): So we have a hard time finding the cemetary? I guess that measn the locals were "cryptic" about its location.

Wild Lilly (OOC): Thats because they were too busy "coffin" on grave dust to be clearly understood.

-------------

Lord Kensington (OOC): I will be a Man! I will guard the womenfolk.

Amaravati (OOC): And not ask for directions. :P

--------------

Kensington (OOC): Ill wipe the stone wall down with water, then crush some of the old plaster lying around to a fine powder. Then Ill sprinkle the powder over the area where the inscription is, and carefully use a cloth to get the nagative imprint.

Amaravati (OOC): SCIENCE! It works, b**ches!

-------------

Wild Lilly: Note to self, when investigatin' ole haunted ruins, BRING POPE!

-------------

Amaravati: Do you ever get the feeling youre being disapproved of?

Wild Lilly: Constantly. Its how I know when Im awake! :D

-------------

Amaravati (OOC): So, how is the Scottish Laird's castle decorated?

Wild Lilly (OOC): Posh McSpice, or Scrooge McSpice?

-------------

Amaravati (OOC): You dont have to shoott the guy; just shoot the horse hes riding on! Give him a flat tire!

------------

Princess Szophia: Lord McRae's spirit is restless for some reason. Something has disturbed him and made him angry.

Wild Lilly: Maybe hes just an ***hole.

In an AntiTerrorist game using Twlight 2000;Our Team Sniper was ordered by the Team Leader too "Shoot anyone who comes out that door......The Team Leader stepped out the door a couple seconds later w/o canceling the order.Our team sniper liked to carry a Barrett .50 cal..The TL player is still kidded about it 10 years later.

What's the relevance of 'Our team sniper liked to carry a Barrett .50 cal.," I'm missing it, sorry?

Just wasn't sure why the type of gun was important' date=' and not being a gun nut it has no meaning to me. I figured the sniper shot the guy.[/quote']

The .50 BMG is a machine gun round. According to the Geneva Convention, you are technically not allowed to use it against people because it is considered cruel and unusual... and that's in full metal jacket, non-expanding form.

A round of that type is capable of breaking the engine to stop a car by breaking the iron block. With a person, it is capable of creating a (forget the term, but I THINK its..) hydrostatic shock effect. Thick of dropping a big rock in water from pretty high, the suction/negative space and splash effect supposedly happens or something like that. *shrug* I've seen some shots of the aftermath, and its not pretty, but I've never seen anyone shot with it...

And to be utterly straight and simple: its the holy grail of cartridges for gamers and shooters who want "the biggest." Think of it as the... uh... money shot.

Nothing about .50 being against geneva convention and for that matter, it doesn't go thru engine blocks. It will mess up the attached equipment, etc...

It's a powerful round, but lets not exaggerate.

Yes, because it might hear us and come for us next:angst:

It doesn't like folks talkin' 'bout it behind it's back, if you know what I mean

*backs slowly away, then turns and runs*

The .50 BMG is a machine gun round. According to the Geneva Convention' date=' you are technically not allowed to use it against people because it is considered cruel and unusual... and that's in full metal jacket, non-expanding form.[/quote']

Uhh, wrong. Think about it, the Canadians use it.

The .50 BMG is a machine gun round. According to the Geneva Convention, you are technically not allowed to use it against people because it is considered cruel and unusual... and that's in full metal jacket, non-expanding form.

Ball ammunition in .50 caliber is perfectly legal for killing enemy combatants. It does not cause "superfluous injury" or "unnecessary suffering".

In fact, you can fire any military weapon at any military target without breaking international law. It just becomes wasteful at some point; using a TOW to take out a guy with a pistol is just not cost-effective.

hydrostatic shock effect. Thick of dropping a big rock in water from pretty high' date=' the suction/negative space and splash effect supposedly happens or something like that. *shrug* I've seen some shots of the aftermath, and its not pretty, but I've never seen anyone shot with it...[/quote']

Well, kind of. Unfortunately, there are a number of physics terms that the average joe has horribly mangled hydrostatic shock is one of them (centrifugal force being the main other). The term is actually hydrodynamic shock, but most people that know better would still understand what you are saying if you called it hydrostatic (instead of dynamic).

You probably know the effect best from explosions underwater. There is quite a debate about how/why hydrodynamic shock effects people. Is it because we are mostly water or simply the fact that our cells are, to a degree, compressable?

Regardless, the end effect of hydrodynamic shock on a person is that the big mean bullet goes in a small hole on one side and goes out the other in a big gorey, oozey, frying-pan size hole in the other and leaves behind a thick paste that used to be internal organs.

Nothing about .50 being against geneva convention and for that matter, it doesn't go thru engine blocks. It will mess up the attached equipment, etc...

It's a powerful round, but lets not exaggerate.

Hey, all hearsay on my part. What I've been told by military guys, which isn't always the most reliable source...

*snip*

Regardless, the end effect of hydrodynamic shock on a person is that the big mean bullet goes in a small hole on one side and goes out the other in a big gorey, oozey, frying-pan size hole in the other and leaves behind a thick paste that used to be internal organs.

A thick paste to which salt is added and is then cured for 40 days and nights in a cool, dark, dry place. After which it is put in jars with yellow lids and sold the world over, particularly to Australians.

And THAT my friends is how you make Vegemite.

'Vege' indeed *sniff*

:D

Fun with smilies

Chat exchange on Hero Central: Recluse plays Mole, a tunneling demi-brick with N-Ray vision...

Jodi plays Ember, a pyrokinetic and his girlfriend...

This is a teen game, and Mole has been blowing his PER rolls a lot of late, and we've been teasing him that it's because he's too distracted by Ember...