Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

That must have been one dull axe.

:P

Enigma is the groups secondary brick.

It was a great scene. We break into the Troll's caves, the groups two brick-types up front (Enigma and Built To Last) - the trolls launch an attack that we barely noticed ... so there's this decent sized group of large trolls having second thoughts about the whole "attack first" plan. We won before we even knew we were in a fight, it was great.

It was a great scene. We break into the Troll's caves' date=' the groups two brick-types up front (Enigma and Built To Last) - the trolls launch an attack that we barely noticed ... so there's this decent sized group of large trolls having second thoughts about the whole "attack first" plan. We won before we even knew we were in a fight, it was great.[/quote']

The fact that their axes bounced off the guy in the power armor was bad enough. The fact that they bounced off the little human girl in the halter top...? Now that's demoralizing. ;)

First session of a new Fantasy Hero game: "Daybreak Rising"

GM: "You get two points of English."

Nestor: "Can [Ragnar] only take one point and talk funny?"

Septimus: "There's a damsel to be rescued."

Sir Patris: "Is she pretty?"

Septimus: "She's eight."

Ragnar explains how to count: "One, two, some, many, lots, mine!"

Michael: "Wait, female wizard versus 30 skeletons. Hentai doujins start this way."

OOC: "Septimus sense tingling!"

Grady (OOC): Zafi's here, no wonder my danger sense went off."

Michael: "Skeletons with swords? That means we're fighting Ray Harryhausen!"

Grady: "That means they are all stop motion. All we need to do is find the camera."

Steve: *spit-take*

Sir Patris hits a skeleton for so much BODY (27 to be exact) the GM takes the mini off of the table and puts it away. "I won't even use this one for the *next* fight."

Repeated comment by all: "Math is hard."

Campaign website: http://surbrook.devermore.net/worldbooks/daybreak/daybreakindex.html

Quotes from Session 10 of Vendetta Rhapsody (I missed 11 and 12, sorry).

Full Metal Jacket: "I'll say it right now -- it was a woman -- and leave it at that."

Contained: "It always is."

GM: "She killed Ramstein... and boy is he going to be pissed."

Jay: "[Contained] has enough experience to by a new form. His detonation form."

Comment on a villain's car the PCs "acquired": "That truck is a car chase waiting to happen."

"One's white, one's black, and one's Asian. And all three can dance, even the white one."

"There's a ball of radioactive gas hugging me!"

Blitzkrieg: "I have friends, she doesn't."

Michael (OOC): "How does he just loan us out like this?"

From last night's Champions game:

Heroes are trying to track down Sgt. Hix, a female PRIMUS agent friend of theirs that acquired an evil magical artifact and is now a semi-supervillain. Hix's former commanding officer and the PCs' PRIMUS contact, Lt. Tinsdale, informs them that PRIMUS learned Hix is visiting a former Marine colleague, Sgt. Robert Tollman.

Tinsdale: "Tollman knew that Hix is wanted, so he left the room and called the Denver PRIMUS base. When the first assault squad arrived, Hix apparently went psycho and blasted Tollman through the wall. He's in ICU at St. Mary's."

Sentinel: "He called in PRIMUS, with her still there? What was he thinking?"

Squeeze: "He's a Marine. That's why they're 'The Few.'"

Sentinel is trying to get in to see Tollman and heal him, but the doctor doesn't trust her radiation powers and won't let her do that.

Squeeze: "Tell him we'll get him disbarred and thrown out of court."

Styx: "Want me to club him and dump him in a dumpster?"

Sentinel (to Squeeze): "We can't do that!" (to Styx) "And no clubbing!" (to Squeeze again) "Wait a sec... disbarred?! He's a doctor, not a lawyer!"

Squeeze: "I wondered if you'd catch that."

Dr. Stroder: "He's my patient, so unless he becomes conscious and authorizes it, or his family insists I allow it, I can't let you do anything to him."

Styx: "...dumpster..."

Squeeze: "...disbarred..."

Sentinel: "Stop it, both of you!"

Styx and Synergy are at the scene of Hix's fight with PRIMUS, and Styx realizes the Coin of Power he had swallowed months ago (he doesn't digest) might be used to track Hix's Coin of Power, if Synergy modifies the Magic Detector in his gadget pool.

Styx (turns to Synergy and says in a low and slightly suggestive voice): "Wanna do some analysis of my biodigestive system?"

Synergy (not understanding what Styx is talking about): "What?!"

Misc PRIMUS agent: "That's gotta be the strangest pickup line I've ever heard."

Singirl is a succubus, born and raised human. The Bubba Brothers are stereotypical rednecks, who are in the process of robbing a bank. Singirl is standing above George Bubba, and standing on his sawed-off shotgun. She indicates she'll enjoy hurting him if he doesn't surrender.

"THIS is how we do it back in Missouri!" he exclaims, and punches her in the leg. While she winces at the blow, she's left with no lasting scars.

"I didn't realize they HAD kink in Deliverance country," she quips, just before she blasts him.

Quotes from last night's Champions game, part 2 (hey, I had to go to work!)

Using Synergy's modified magic detector, the heroes were homing in on Hix whenever she used the Coin of Power, an evil magical artifact.

GM: The three different headings point west to New Mexico. Specifically, the town of Socorro.

Serendipity: Where's that?

GM: South of Albuquerque.

Serendipity (mentally picturing a map of New Mexico) You mean...

GM: Yep. You have to take a left at Albuquerque.

The heroes discovered that Hix was also being tracked by a pack of bloodthirsty creatures (actually, Blood Hounds out of Viva Muerte! in Digital Hero #44 -- shameless plug). The heroes spotted several Blood Hounds climbing up the mesa cliff, very stealthy and using cover, making them hard to spot. They also saw Hix, relaxing under the awning of an RV sitting in the middle of the mesa top.

Synergy (to PRIMUS Lt. Tinsdale): You're not heavily armed -- do you want us to drop you off back here while we go in?

Sentinel: What, leave him in the desert, where who knows how many more of those creatures may be lurking around?

Synergy : Well, the last time Hix saw Tinsdale, she did throw him 50 meters up in the air...

Tinsdale: Hix was one of my teammates. If it's all the same, I'll go up with you. (mutters) I swear, when I went through PRIMUS training, they must have surgically removed my self-preservation instinct.

Serendipity: At the very least, they cut it in half...

With the creatures almost to the top of the mesa, Styx leapt up to warn Hix, hoping she wouldn't just blast him.

Styx (landing, then walking up to the RV as casual as possible): Hey, Hix, got another beer?

Hix: Sure.

Styx: (sits in a chair next to her, drinks some beer) By the way, there's a bunch of wild, genetically-modified creatures heading up here.

Hix: That's a funny way to refer to a PRIMUS assault squad.

Styx: Actually, the PRIMUS agents are waiting about two miles out that way. (gestures to the west) Now, *these* things (gestures toward the edge of the mesa), I don't know where they came from, but they're not PRIMUS.

The heroes battled and defeated the Blood Hounds, then Styx went back to talking to Hix while his teammates picked up the fallen Hounds.

Hix: Why should I give up the Coin? I've finally got some power. No more following orders for me.

Styx: Hey, I did the whole "honor and country" thing too, once. Believe me, I know how you feel. (winces in frustration when he feels Hix start to rummage around in his memory) Hey, behave...

Hix replays Styx's memories of the incident where he "died" trying to protect a woman and child from a group of gunmen. The woman ended up dead and the child missing.

Styx: (shrugs) Well, you've gotta admit, I tried.

Styx: I'm telling you, that coin is trying to twist your mind. The one I took from Ravager is trying to do the same thing to me. It's not good.

Hix (holds out her right hand, the coin shining in her palm): So, you want to take this one from me?

Styx (shrugs): Only if you want to give it to me.

Hix: Tell you the truth... (the "coin", actually just an illusion, disappears from her right hand) ...I was betting you'd try to disarm me. (Holds up the actual coin in her left hand and stares at it for a moment) If you don't mind, I'd like some time to think about it. Alone.

Styx: Sure, no problem. Need some help moving the RV?

Hix: No thanks, I've got it. (She and the RV both disappear.)

GM: "You get two points of English."

Nestor: "Can [Ragnar] only take one point and talk funny?"

On a character sheet of an orangutan, given human intelligence and some other stuff:

Language: Orang-utan 1

Notes: Yes, I know you get 4 points in your native language for free. But in orang-utan you're doing real well to get basic conversation at all....

On a character sheet of an orangutan' date=' given human intelligence and some other stuff:[indent']Language: Orang-utan 1

Notes: Yes, I know you get 4 points in your native language for free. But in orang-utan you're doing real well to get basic conversation at all....

[/indent]

I disagree. Creatures in the animal kingdom of supposedly lower intelligence than humans use more non-verbal means during communication.

From tonights Acheos Mythic Greek Fantasy game

--------------

Akanos (OOC): Nothing quite like the crack of a shield against your skull to clear up chariot-lag.

-----------

Nyssa the Centaur (OOC): Ill get in the boat too. If it can handle the weight of Akanos' 'tude, then it can handle me :D

------------

[The PCs enter an underground cave, strewn with bones. Two large piles of bones, animal and humanoid, are prominent. A black stone altar carved with ancient (to them!) runes rises from one of the piles. They place torches in the sconces near the entrance]

A Disembodied Voice: Who dares enter this dread place?

Nyssa: We are travellers.

A Disembodied Voice: State the name of the Highest Power

Akanos (OOC): Im going to be ready for whatever answer we give to be the wrong one.

Pelepellonia (OOC): Because youre a manly man, and everything you do is wrong? *Delightful smile*

-------------------

Pelepelonia: *Smashes three Skeletons to bits in one mighty swing* They should have stayed dead the first time!

----------------

GM: Wow, that was quite a blow. How bad hurt are you?

Hekai'thetas (OOC): ooooo000000ooo....Hathor....:love: *mimes groping*

--------------

GM: So, whats your damage?

Entire group: *Busts out laughing*

GM: NOT like that!! :o

----------

Akanos (OOC): I have the complication of "Blood Lust"

Pelepellonia (OOC): mmmmm! Salty!

---------------

Akanos (OOC): Akanos is upset that he lost control like that and went berserk. Hes going to go back to his tent and pout, leaving his gear trailed behind him in the sand as he walks. Hes not going to talk to anyone for the rest of the night.

Nyssa (OOC): Is he going to eat anything later? Ill bring him some food.

Akanos (OOC): No, he wont eat that night. Instead hes going to stay in his tent and sulk, and then he goes to bed without any supper.

-----------------

Akanos (OOC): So in this game, Hero Points are a way for the GM to screw over the PCs, and then give them candy. Its like kicking someone in the b*lls and saying "Heres your Reeses cup!" :D

--------------------

------------------

And some quotes from yesterdays Titans Rising supers game...

---------------

[The group is changing into costume in the team's flying vehicle, that really wasnt designed for it]

Samson: Hey, Neutron, holster your "control rod", ok?

---------------

Neutron: Can we get a sit rep?

Feline Fury: *Gives him a Look*

Neutron: What?!?

Feline Fury: One Tom Clancy novel and suddenly youre James frikkin Bond :P

-------------

[Agent Weathers hands each member of the team a radiation badge]

Agent Weathers: Theyre blue now. If they turn red, or God forbid, black...

Neutron *Looks down at his own crotch*: I love you guys :cry:

------------------

GM: Youre badge turns red. The badge is your friend. And your friend wants to let you know that this radiation could kill you, and that as your good friend it wants you to get away from there.

-----------------

[Atom Smasher, a glowing skeletal radioactive Archvilain, has bounced everything the team has sent at him]

Feline Fury *extends her claws and does a leaping attack*: [Jenkins] FFFFEEEEEEELIIIIIIIINE FUUUURYYYYYYY! [/Leroy Jenkins]*

*(This joke is only funny if youre part of the MMORPG community)

------------------

[Feline Fury is caught in a radiation blast that hurls her back twenty feet, looking like a third degree burn victim and smoldering. Two rounds later she is back on her feet and charging Atom Smasher, all of her injuries healed]

Feline Fury: I LIKED THAT COSTUME! :mad:

-------------------

Feline Fury: AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....*

[This is what happens when Feline Fury tries to restrain The Beast; the strongest known super-being in the world, capable of leaping 1.6 miles in 6 seconds. The sonic boom is what shook her off]

---------------------

Feline Fury: *Shakes her head to clear it*: Air pressure, man. What a drag.

-----------------

Neutron: I fear for my future children, after that.

Feline Fury: Oh, I dont think you should worry. Im pretty sure none of us can even HAVE children, now

-----------------

Medic: See a doctor immediately, if you experience any dizziness or nausea...

Neutron: Or our pee glows in the dark?

Medic: Yeah. :straight:

----------------

Agent Weathers: ARCHON is going to need a report from you all.

Feline Fury: The two Big Bads were fighting in the desert. We showed up. Rad Man went BOOM! Then he fall down. Beastie jumped away. Then you came.

Agent Weathers: .....Riiiiight.

Neutron: Well, I dont recall the exact sequence of events, but I seem to recall it went something like this; the Titans arrived on site at 17:23 hours. The two perpetrators, Atom Smasher and the Beast, were engaged about seventeen feet south-south-west of that large rock outcropping. The team deployed here, here and here, and we began our initial assault... (OOC) Neutron then proceeds to execute the report like a Dan Aykroyd character, giving every meticulous detail, in exact chronological sequence. Then he follows it up with "...But I cant be sure. Thats just how it seemed to me."

Agent Weathers: :nonp:

-------------------------

Agent Weathers: The silhouette of that ship youve got looks very familiar...

Neutron: It should. But we painted our logo over the SPIDER one, so its ours now.

Agent Weathers: Thats NOT how its supposed to work....Can you produce registration papers for it?

Neutron: Well......

Feline Fury: Do you REALLY want to have to take down Glow Boy over there all by yourself next time, over a parking violation? :sneaky:

Neutron *hugs Feline Fury*: I knew loved you...

Last Sunday Night an Ex-Professional Wrestler joins the hero group. The group goes to break-up a bank robbery.

Jason Starider: (To Wrestler) These fights aren't fixed, you may want to hang back, out of the way.

The GM awarded me a free Reroll for the line. :thumbup:

Along time ago.

Chad begins character creation story...

Me: "So he's got this genetic memory, he knows all the skills his family has known and is the physical and mental equal of the greatest of them."

GM: Interesting. I like it.

ME:"...he comes from a race of Gods..."

Gm: *Slaps head in frustration*

ME "What?"

Chad likes to play bricks. :D

Actually, 'He comes from a race of Gods' ended up being used by one of us whenever we made characters after that.

From a Forgotten Realms D+D game I run. The characters are slaves in Thay, an evil nation notorious for wicked wizards and evil deeds.

PC Swashbuckler: I believe that in matters of freedom and slavery, one should simply follow the wind.

GMPC: That sounds an awful lot like farting.

Mole is a meta superhero in his late teens who in the last year or so has ended up teaming up with other superheroes his own age. He's even fallen for Ember, a fire energy projector who is now his girlfriend, and she's very unlike the floozies he used to date in the past.

Currently he's exploring tunnels under Hudson City with her, using his Matter Awarness which is an impressive 360, Disc., Spatial Awareness with a N ray option to search for clues new tunnels etc. However, his INT is only average, so his perception score is nothing special. However, he just made a dynamite roll on perception. I joked in chat Mole was probably counting dimples.

GM's OOC response?

"With that roll, he's probably confirmed her virginity..."

Along time ago.

Chad begins character creation story...

Me: "So he's got this genetic memory, he knows all the skills his family has known and is the physical and mental equal of the greatest of them."

GM: Interesting. I like it.

ME:"...he comes from a race of Gods..."

Gm: *Slaps head in frustration*

ME "What?"

Chad likes to play bricks. :D

Actually, 'He comes from a race of Gods' ended up being used by one of us whenever we made characters after that.

The GM Smacked the wrong forehead :D

Leth: Dude, your old psycho girlfriend just slept with your new psycho girlfriend! :nonp:

Justin: Kill me now. :straight:

-----

Castilla accidentally drinks a potion of Clarity, which increases her Intelligence and Ego. I tell her that it suddenly dawns on her that she's been wasting her life and treating the people around her terribly.

Castilla: How do you get your brain to shut up and leave you alone???

:lol:

Castilla accidentally drinks a potion of Clarity, which increases her Intelligence and Ego. I tell her that it suddenly dawns on her that she's been wasting her life and treating the people around her terribly.

Alcohol.

Thuis reminds me of something that happened in my friend's 3rd Ed D&D fantasy campaign.

One of our buddys was playing a Druid named Rowan, who was a competent Druid, but kind of lacking in the department of thinking things through, and kind of a jerk besides. (Rowan thought a lot like an animal; what was good for Rowan was "good", what was bad for Rowan was "bad", and somehow its always mating season).

Rowan managed to end up with an enchanted headband that raises your Wisdom by 8 points.

[Rowan puts on the headband...then looks awed....then worried...then embarassed...then non-plussed]

Jerika: Whats wrong?

Rowan: I....can never...take... this... off. :nonp:

Last session, one of the players in a champions campaign was ambushed by a supervillainess and her flunkies. The hero managed to escpae and the flunkies were rendered unconscious. The hero cross-examines said flunkies and was told they were paid $400 to rough him up. One of the other characters(who is poor) said

"Heck, for $400, I'd beat you up myself."