Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

No risque pics, sorry. But here are some quotes from an earlier Champions session I forgot to post:

Promethean defends his decision to help the 2 humans fighting 50 enormous troll-looking things.

Promethean: “Hey they looked heroic, it was 50-2, I started blasting.”

The GM describes an attack that failed to penetrate Enigma’s defenses, at the last minute remembering her skimpy costume.

GM: “The axe bounces off your armor, I mean, um, your…cleavage.”

After the battle..

Promethean: “What do we do with the trolls?”

BTL: “Anyone for Troll House Cookies?” :ugly:

GM: “He’s just standing there scratching himself.”

Inertia: “Does he have to roll for that?”

Enigma: “I think it’s an Everyman skill, 8-.”

GM: “Oh, he’s got at least a 12-. It’s STR based.”

OOC, a player describes a battle from a different game.

Player: “Thump-whack-squish-ouch.”

(You know, I think I’ve been in that fight...)

...and here are the quotes from last night's epic (?) battle against the Four Beatles of the Apocalypse:

Promethean, Whisper and Built To Last take on John & Paul, while Enigma and Inertia go after George & Ringo.

Enigma: (punk rock snob) “How come you guys got the good musicians? Well, relatively good…”

Apocalypse-Paul mind controls Promethean to “dance.” Player starts doing the Geeky White Boy Shuffle.

Inertia: “Does that count as an EGO Attack on the rest of us watching? Or just a PRE Attack?”

Inertia, who is notorious for her high OCV, manages to blow an attack roll.

Inertia: “I missed!”

Enigma: “It happens.”

Inertia: “Not to me!!”

GM: “Paul sings, “Bang bang, Maxwell’s Silver Hammer came down on her head…” And a giant silver hammer comes down out of the sky, Monty Python-style, and… (rolls) slams into the ground right next to you.” :(

BTL: “I do a grab and throw.”

GM: “On Paul?”

BTL: “On his horse.” :eg:

Enigma: “I’m the slow person here.”

GM: “You’re faster than Ringo.”

Enigma: “…Not as comforting as you might think.”

Inertia starts telekinetically disarming the Apocalypse Beatles’ Foci. But for some reason, she gets worried about all the musical instruments flying through the air.

Enigma: “You’re a superhero! You’ve faced Dr. Destroyer! And you’re worried about a flying guitar?”

Inertia: (considering) “I did throw myself on a grenade once…”

Most of the Beatles have been unhorsed by now, their demonic mounts running around the battlefield. Inertia, whose kinetic energy TK throw only works against moving targets, considers her tactical options:

Inertia: “Did George or Ringo move last phase?”

GM: “No…”

Inertia: “Awww.”

GM: “…but their horses did.”

Inertia: “Yea!” (Throws George’s horse at him.)

After the dust settles…

GM: “Anyone want to ask BTL where the Apocalypse Beatles thing came from?”

Other Players: “NO!"

BTL: (giggles evilly)

I think she uses anti-grav units rather than a bra' date=' otherwise that extra-bendy spine wouldn't be able to keep her standing upright.[/quote']

Y'know, anti-gravity bras would explain a whole lot about things unrelated to this thread.

And I'd want one.

Does he also "Hit it like the fist of an angry god"?

Hehe, I tried to rep for that quote, but gotta spread it, blah blah... told my wife about that one, she found it quite amusing. =) That's a keeper, right up there with "hit that like a wounded rhino..."

Years ago I ran a Champions “one-shot” that I titled ‘Dawn of the Destroyer”. The Basic premise behind the story was that Dr. Destroyer was threatening to release a virus into the Earth’s atmosphere, a virus that would give 90% of the population metahuman abilities, but not necessarily the control over them. Needless to say this caused a major world threat (Dr. Destroyer’s bailiwick).

Dr. Destroyer planned for all the chaos being caused by his threats and demands would draw all the “big guns” away, leaving at best a rag tag group of heroes to try and stop him. Of course he needed heroes to try otherwise, no one would know of his great plan and the skill he succeeded in using.

So left to fight the evil Doctor are a motley crew of heroes.

Darkwing - an insane martial artist who thinks he’s a comic book character.

Vanguard – the son of a human and silicon based alien, with the ability to alter his shape.

Masquerade – a covert operative for some clandestine, quasi-legal US government agency, whose ability to transform herself into any person and limited telepathy make her dangerous.

Mecha X – a mutant boy with the ability to transform into an anime robot as well as create cool illusionary effects usually with an animated theme.

The Altruist – once a powerful metahuman, his abilities had faded away over the years as his self-doubt had increased. (I’ll post his stats and history later all I can say is awesome!!)

Peacekeeper – a police officer who, when danger threatened, could transform into a superhero capable of flight and super strength. He wasn’t aware of his alternate self.

Dragon – An ancient Chinese dragon, that gave up his immortality and power to live life as a mortal. He was one hell of a martial artist and could do some amazing “tricks”.

During Part one of this little adventure the PC are trying to rescue a scientist who they think can create a cure for the virus, but Dr. Destroyer has sent some agents to kill him. The PC's arrive in mid-attempt.

All the heavy hitters are outside a secluded cabin throwing down with Dr. D's power armor agents and half-a-dozen agents. Darkwing and Masquerade have snuck into the cabin and stopped some of the assassins. One of them grabs the scientist and uses him as a hostage. The assassin pulls a device out of his belt pouch, clicks a button, sets the device down and leaves.

Assassin: "Let me leave and I'll go quietly. Try to follow me and that device will detect your movement and explode, taking half this mountain with you."

Darkwing: "You may have won this time, fiend. But don't think I won't find you. Yeah sure it won't happen for a few more pages, but I'll get you.

Masquerade (after reading the thoughts of the Assassin): "Darkwing it's just a lighter, get him!"

Darkwing without stopping drops the thug. He then turns to Masquerade and says,

Darkwing: "You didn't mention you were also a precog. Or did you already read this issue?"

From that point on everyone thought she was a precog, no one ever knew about her telepathy.

During Part three of the adventure the PC’s have figured things out, located Dr. Destroyer, listened to his plan, attacked him full out, beaten his henchman, and have escaped into his lair.

The Altruist has found out that Dr. Destroyer has planned this attack for over 15 years and calculated that the Altruist would be a threat, so began a campaign to destroy his self-worth and confidence.

Also with Dr. Destroyer is Rakasasha, (from CCC), acting as Dr. Destroyer’s butler. The Altruist goes berserk.

The Altruist (OOC): GET THE BRICK!!!

(This is a long running joke for a combat code for everyone to attack the Mentalist)

Every single PC attacked Rakasasha. (Note: Mentalists aren’t designed to take that much damage.)

A few more from BigDamnHero's game last night:

(somewhere in Faerie we encounter a desert oasis with four inhabitants that aren't the brightest bunch around due to Faerie Magic)

Promethean: If we can get them away from the land of the stupid...

Inertia: My hammock's full.

--

Interia: Amway does not make Julian Fries.

Kitsune: I'd like to construct a binding ritual for the blood demon.

Me: You need some tea and fishoil paste, a wooden block, a silver chopstick, a web of paper attached to rope, and the semen of a magical creature.

Ktisune: Excuse me?

Me: Yes. At least you have a contact.

Kitsune: I call my Tanuki Contact. "Hello, can I speak to you?"

Tanuki: "Sure! Got a problem that requires really big balls?"

Kitsune: Yes. I need your semen. It says so in this spell description.

Tanuki: "Excuse me?"

Kitsune: "Says so right here."

Tanuki: I want to see this. If you're lying to me, I'll smother you in my scrotum.

Later that evening...

Kitsune: There it is. See?

Tanuki: Well...umm...we can do this the boring way, or the fun way. Which will it be?

Kitsune: Well, how about the fun way? You have condoms without spermicide, right?

Me: OH MY GOD! I really thought you were going to offer him something of benefit in the spirit world.

PC: I was in a hurry...

(somewhere in Faerie we encounter a desert oasis with four inhabitants that aren't the brightest bunch around due to Faerie Magic)

Promethean: If we can get them away from the land of the stupid...

Inertia: My hammock's full.

:DI'd forgotten that one. Which was preceded, IIRC, by...

Inertia: “I rig up a hammock waaaay up in the trees so I don’t catch the stupid.”

The GM describes an attack that failed to penetrate Enigma’s defenses, at the last minute remembering her skimpy costume.

That must have been one dull axe.

After the battle..

Promethean: “What do we do with the trolls?”

BTL: “Anyone for Troll House Cookies?” :ugly:

Classic joke.

OOC, a player describes a battle from a different game.

Player: “Thump-whack-squish-ouch.”

(You know, I think I’ve been in that fight...)

Reminds me of so many other gamer stories...

That must have been one dull axe.

I'll say. Axes are all about cleavage.