Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

And a few from our Heroes 4 Hire campaign...

Sean McGuffin: Do you know what package means, lad? It means Willy! (done in irish accent)

Robin Fletcher: (ooc)....so, after the ass-grab of death scene...

After a discussion of TorchSong's player's "Gay-Dar," another player describes his:

"Hey... could you let go of my dick?"

Sean McGuffin: Its funny because its violent to women.

Due to a colossal error on the part of the PC's

Bala forgets to mention that, as usual, he forgets to give us clues as to things we can do to not make what he refers to as 'colossal errors'.

Regularly.

Repeatedly.

As I said to him in a conversation, "Sherlock Holmes would look at your mysteries, hear you relate your clues, and say, 'Sir, did you forget that your descriptions are the entirety of the world they know, so that if you intend they have a clue of the scent of wildflowers, you should simply mention it, not force them to spend each moment asking you a million questions about their senses."

:(

Bala forgets to mention that, as usual, he forgets to give us clues as to things we can do to not make what he refers to as 'colossal errors'.

Regularly.

Repeatedly.

As I said to him in a conversation, "Sherlock Holmes would look at your mysteries, hear you relate your clues, and say, 'Sir, did you forget that your descriptions are the entirety of the world they know, so that if you intend they have a clue of the scent of wildflowers, you should simply mention it, not force them to spend each moment asking you a million questions about their senses."

:(

Wow that was particularly nasty. Having been in the same game I know exactly what happened and in part Balabanto is correct we made a clossal error. True you were led astray by the actions of a grandstanding PC.

But this is not the place to have this disscussion.

Just an observation

Wow that was particularly nasty. Having been in the same game I know exactly what happened and in part Balabanto is correct we made a clossal error. True you were led astray by the actions of a grandstanding PC.

But this is not the place to have this disscussion.

Agreed...hey I was there in person :)

I was commenting more on Mephron's post. They is a old saying," Never wash your dirty laundry in public" .

Balabanto quite often washes his dirty laundry (where as "dirty laundry" means "complaining about the PCs") on the forums.

Hmm... your only two posts are in this very, very long thread.

Second account?

Re: Just an observation

Balabanto quite often washes his dirty laundry (where as "dirty laundry" means "complaining about the PCs") on the forums.

Hmm... your only two posts are in this very, very long thread.

Second account?

Very observant of you...point?

Also there is a difference in a complaining about somebody without giving names to get other people opinions(which knowing Balabanto the way I do he does alot if he is having problems with somebody) and pulicly calling out the person.

I am sorry but I find that incredibly rude to the point where I joined and had to comment on it. I guess just call me old school but I wouldn't do that to a friend.

Edit: When I typed this I didn't notice your cowardly hidden accusation. To that I got to say I really don't care what you think. This has proven to me that your opinion means little.

"He's right, we have to use what ever have that can stop him, even if it's Supervillain's." Electric Blue, being Electric Blue is going to say this: to heck with the fallout, "You want to win! You use what ever means you have to, to do it. I won't stand by and watch this happen," thinking to herself, 'not again', "we stop this Valak and if that means we die in doing it, innocent people will live, so will this world."

Context of this post can be found on the second of the links in my sig.

For those that don't want to wade though it....

Character speaking is a Homage of KOS-MOS, called Electric Blue, from Xenosaga, she was a android made flesh, her earth has gone thru three alien invasions. In that invasion, heroes, villains, everyone joined to stop the invasions. So the Supervillian that just showed up is Doctor Destroyer, so yeah most people want to fight him, not accept he's help to stop a cosmic powered mad-man from killing everyone and leaving Earth a smoking cosmic cinder.

I attended Triad-Con Saturday, and played in two demos: Spirit of the Century and Hollow Earth Expedition.

A comment on the Martian's unique weakness: "They're vulnerable to hydrogen peroxide? What's she going to do? Blonde them to death?"

Sean "Scoop" Skelly, reporter: "What do you think you're going to find on Ultima Thule?"

Warrick Remington, big game hunter: "Polar bears, walruses, Germans."

Skelly, writing: "German bears."

Skelly, on the local native chief: "This guy's wearing half your airplane."

Remington introduces himself: "Warrick Remington. If it flies, crawls, or swims, I've probably hunted it."

This is all OOC:

Skelly: "He can't defend himself."

Remington: "Or his buddies might shoot you."

Skelly: "I forgot about that."

Skelly: "I don't know much about grenades."

Wylodmayer: Hes a Vampire Jeezus. He gave his blood for your sins, now he wants it back!

-----------

Red Ronin (OOC): While Im watching and waiting, I pull out a book.

Facade: Novel approach.

Red Ronin: :PPPPPPP

------------

Shadowmistress (OOC): My Shadow Demons will attack the Ninjas!

(This line was not funny. It was just an indicator of how COOL supers games can be! :D)

-------------------

Shadow Mistress: Hold there, I would have questions answered!

Red Ronin: YOU need questions answered? You can, like, float, and stuff!

---------------

Shadow Mistress: Odd. I had heard that Earth was...brighter...than this.

Facade: Its called "night".

--------------

GM: ...so you are in a smaller sub-area of the Shadow Realm.

Facade (OOC): so, we're in the Rhode Island of Evil?

----------------

GM: From the back hall of the bar, Outback Jack arrives.

[GM shows the Players the figure of Outback Jack]

Red Ronin (OOC): What fresh Hell is this?!?

------------

Red Ronin: I can DO this!

Red Ronin: *Hits Diesel with her katana*

Diesel: *Barely notices*

Red Ronin: ....Oops. Sorry!

-------------------

Red Ronin (OOC): "Cinderblock". All of the heaviness of stone, with none of the durability. Buy some Cinderblock, today!

--------------------

So that people will understand, here is a picture of Outback Jack

Setup: Our heroes in the Firefly-esque Traveller game have managed to get their wreck of a starship off the planet, despite the best efforts of local and Imperial authorities to stop them. The problem is that the crew was in such a hurry to get the ship off world, they're starting to discover a few things they missed in the repairs...

Shep: Keep your vacc suits on, people. I'm reading a rapid drop in cabin pressure in the commons.

Rav: I'm on it. Nero, pass me a tube of gunk. (Gunk is an emergency hull patching compound for small holes and gaps, like a tube of caulk.)

Nero (OOC): My guy's on the engineering deck, so your character will have to come get it.

GM: The pressure in Rav's compartment has dropped low enough to trigger the decompression alarms. The automatic hatches are sealing it off.

Shep: Rav, find that stupid hole and jam something in it so I can repressurize that compartment!

Nero: What's the rush? He's got a suit on.

Shep: All our gorram food packs are in there and they're not rated for vacuum!

Rav: Food packs? Hey there's an idea! (To GM) I'm looking in the cupboards for a really gloppy one like chicken a la king or goulash.

Nero: Skip the Julia Child act, just patch the humping hole!

GM: Rav finds one, and its sides are bulging out like an overinflated mylar balloon.

Rav: I get near the hole in the hull and punch a small hole in the food pack.

Shep (OOC): What the ---- are you doing?

GM: The semi-liquid contents burst forth from the overpressured bag are being sucked into the hole --

Rav: And glopping up around the edges a bit?

GM: Yes, actually.

Rav: Good. I slap what's left of the pack over the hole and pull out my trusty roll of duct tape to anchor it, then layer it over to shore it up.

GM: Looks like it's holding for now.

Rav: Shep, is the pressure stabilized yet?

*GM nods to Shep and holds up four fingers*

Shep: Holding at 4 psi. Attempting to repressurize now.

GM: The patch is holding. The pressure comes up enough to allow the hatches to open again and kill the depressurization alarms. However, a quick glance at the cupboard shows your effort was too late to save most of the food packs, as they have burst from the lack of pressure.

Rav: Well, at least I know what's for dinner tonight.

Nero & Shep (almost together): What?

Rav: "Pop" luck!

(A chorus of groans)

Matt "Yeah-I-like-a-good-pun" Frisbee

Summarizing her actions for most of the game session, the newly-widowed player of Flora declares toward the start of the session, " . . . And then she cries."

Talking about how to regard the small children tagging along with the party, Daris says, "Well, they have the same conversational level as Rastal . . ."

Not much later, while the players are joking about training the kids to join them, Rastal's player comes up with a maneuver name: "Attack of the flying diaper."

Daris discovers, upon agreeing to train former slaves in his school of swordsmanship, that there are 145 women awaiting his instruction, none of whom are equipped with swords yet. Flora remarks his work is cut out for him, and he replies, "I have my work cut out for me? Try being the blacksmith."

Later, Daris says, in response to a plan, "We're the heroes. There's no such thing as subtle."

Meanwhile, back at the Hall of Justice! (Inc., that is...)

Mach: "Just playing Devil's advocate here, but why don't we let VIPER wipe the floor with the street gang that stole their stuff and THEN bust VIPER?"

Shockwave: "No, we're better than the villains, and if that means we have to save some of them, then that's what we do. We save lines. Period."

Mach's Player to the GM: "Is Nighthawk still recruiting for Project Mongoose?"

I'll forego the extended explanation version and just throw out quotes from last night's Champions game:

Squeeze: (over team radio) I've just been ambushed by four VIPER agents. I should have them wrapped up in a few.

(two sniper shots, one a critical success, KO Squeeze in one phase)

Styx: (OOC, imitating Squeeze) Yeah, there's just four of them, should be no pro.... (imitates static on radio)

Styx: You can either talk to me now, or I dump you in Lake Michigan. Cement shoes. Think about it.

Captured VIPER Thug: You can’t hurt me! You’re, like, a hero... it’s against the rules!

Styx: (smiles menacingly) Sure. You keep telling yourself that. (Starts dragging the guy towards the docks)

Thug: I want to speak to a lawyer!

Styx: Okay, fine. (grabs rat running by in the alley, dangles it by the tail in front of the thug’s face) Here you go.

Thug: I've never met the new Nest Leader, I don't know his name! I heard someone call him the 'big M'."

Sentinel: His name is BM?!

Thug: I heard he's been going out with each team...

Sentinel: He's dating the whole Nest?!

PRIMUS agent Grant: VIPER has a dozen hostages. They said they have Geiger counters hooked up to trigger bombs if S-Squad shows up and makes a move.

Sentinel (heroine with radiation powers, including force fields usable on others): Geiger counters? What would they use them for?

(Long pause as GM and other players look at her incredulously)

Squeeze: They detect radiation! Helloooooo…

In our Justice Squad game, there's an inter-stellar (Milky Way) sort of rogue police force called the Emerald Force. They are a force that believes they are doing good but is heavy-handed and thinks that the ends justifies the means (within reason, meaning that they won't perform overt atrocities or the like but they do allow for "breaking a few eggs"). Think Green Lantern Corps mixed with a sort of Dark Paladin/Corrupted Jedi and consider an Iron Age way of solving problems, essentially.

So they had entered into an alliance with Dr. Doom (President Domovitch of Russia, who has a semi-respectable veneer as the first public super as the head of a major state, but is colloquially known as Dr. Doom still due to his adventuring career; think Doom mixed with Putin).

The Justice Squad is facing the Emerald Force, attempting to convince them of how misguided they are. As discussion has raged on, including some bursts of violence by the Emerald Force, one of the PCs, Sammy, thinks perhaps something is being lost in translation and stops to ask:

"Do you know what "doom" means?"

So that people will understand' date=' here is a picture of Outback Jack[/quote']Sorry, I can't take him seriously now. When I first saw the pic, I mistook his outfit for a "Foxbat-color-toned" version of lederhosen. :o

As for the quote, it's not so funny until the aftermath is given.

Setup: PCs versus VIPER (StaST), Slyfox (PC teleporting archer) has been blinded. Juggernaut (PC - DF: DD female, HtH between two VIPER robots) is in civilian clothes (tried sneaking in) and has destroyed her sandals in a superleap move-through on a fallen robot. Both Slyfox and Juggernaut have Unluck.

Slyfox: "Uh, heads up, I'm shooting explosives indiscriminately!"

GM's description:

The arrow streaks forward wildly vanishing through the portal, to reappear awkwardly near Juggernaut, the fletching striking an earlobe, and going down her front until it is hung into her rather impressive cleavage.

Then it explodes.

But Juggernaut does not budge, so the force of the explosion goes out the only places it can, almost cone like (no pun intended) it finishes off the already hapless robot Juggernaut just hit, and rocks the last robot that just blinded Slyfox and was preparing for a full out assault causing paint to peel off it. The combination of explosive arrow, twisted luck, and and the slope of the most famed breasts in New Constantinople have worked together in strange unison to bring a once mighty VIPER robot down.

Juggernaut (OOC): No shoes. No shirt. No service.

Well, actually, Slyfox rolled luck. I mean, it's not like it is a bad thing for HIM to disrobe Juggernaut while at the same time finishing off a weakened robot ... the unluck was hers mostly.

Of course, Slyfox WAS blind during this, so might consider it still unlucky not to even have a chance to see the... ah, results of his shot.

. The combination of explosive arrow' date=' twisted luck, and and the slope of the most famed breasts in New Constantinople have worked together in strange unison to bring a once mighty VIPER robot down.[/quote']

Nice to know things like this happen in other game groups, too ;)

And now, here are some quotes from the 1930s Pulp Heroes campaign

----------

Capt. Lightning*charging an armed mook while drawing his own M-1911 .45 pistol*: Hey brother, theres crazy people runnin around here with GUNS! *BLAM!*

----------

Mystarra: *giggle* oh no...Ive hit my Sillybrium!

---------

Black Bat (OOC): He only targets the poor and destitute. So you cant die; youre rich, and...desti....full. >_<

-------------

Black Bat: *whispers to herself* What would Dad do? What would Dad do?...Well, he sure wouldnt show up wearing an evening gown!

----------

Yeoman: They had some thugs, a few heavy hitters, and one really, really tough guy.

Mystarra: How tough?

Yeoman: He knocked down the door with his head.

Mystarra: *looks meaningfully at Crime Smasher*

Crime Smasher: Hey! Dont look at me! I dont use my head!

Black Bat: We're working on that.

Crime Smasher: *facepalms*

------------

GM: He spills his guts.

Black Bat (OOC): How exactly do you mean that? He IS Yakuza, after all...

----------

Capt. Lightning: Your momma didnt like you much. :P

Steel Jacket: YOURS did! :sneaky:

Capt. Lightning: :mad:

-----------

GM: This thug on the roof will climb, tumble, drop, and take a Full Action to get down.

Black Bat (OOC): But will he get funky?

GM: No. He doesnt have an action left. He cannot get funky.

------------

Doc Nightmare: Mystarra....What do YOU fear!

Mystarra *Looks at Doc Nightmare's costume*: Bad clothes.

------------

GM: Please, never do that again. My hat can only flip so many times.

-----------

Black Bat: *Gets ahold of Steel jacket's armored helmet*

Doc Nightmare: *Shoots a Fear Bullet at Black Bat*

Black Bat: *Redirects the Fear Bullet from herself to Steel Jacket, using Steel Jacket's own helmet to catch and deflect the bullet*

Steel Jacket: *Passes smooth out from the Fear Bullet's effects*

Doc Nightmare: .....I hate it when that happens.

-----------

GM: Doc Nightmare's helmet cracks open, filling the room with Fear Gas. The gas gives everyone horrible, horrible nightmarish visions. Everything has claws and fangs and pubic hair...

Players: :eek:

------------

Black Bat [who looks like young Jennifer Connelly]: Looking at Steel Jacket and Doc Nightmare, I cant say that I think much of Vavoom's taste in men.

Capt. Lightning [who looks like Ben Browder]: I know! They dont do a THING for me, either ;D

-------------