Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Nah' date=' just a bucket of mop water, far simpler.[/quote']

But it depends on which witch we are are trying to kill so I guess we'll need more information before we can provide a conclusive analysis to the bewitching problem.

Setup: The Firefly-esque Traveller game from my previous post. Our characters, desperate to avoid the Imperial authorities looking for their wrecked ship and its contraband cargo, jury rig a set of gravitic lifters to it so it can be moved to a better hiding place at a nearby strip mine. Problem with most jury rig jobs, of course, is that they only work for so long...

Shep (Pilot): We're moving! We're moving!

Rav (Passenger): I kinda wish we *urp* weren't. Any way you can steady this thing before I lose my lunch?

Nero (Engineer): Gorram reactor control program is only working intermittently -- that's why she's riding like a six bit whore!

*Ship pitches nose down violently, the final straw for Rav's stomach as he becomes violently airsick*

Shep (to Rav): Hey, watch my shoes!

Nero: Go barf on the Engineering deck -- fallout, it might ballast out this heap!

Matt "Old-School-gamer" Frisbee

In what sense is he using the word "fallout?"

In what sense is he using the word "fallout?"

Unless you're making a joke here (in which case I only just got it), in the Frisbee-verse "fallout" is a PG-friendly general purpose curse word for characters. "Gorram" and "hump" are also used, since we are all Firefly fans, though they are used much less frequently. "Seven Sisters" covers most of the epitaths directed at the dieties of the universe.

Fortunately, none of the characters have ever been in a bad enough spot to utter "Belgium" but I'm still working on it. :)

Matt "Science-fiction-quasi-profanity-inventor" Frisbee

Unless you're making a joke here (in which case I only just got it), in the Frisbee-verse "fallout" is a PG-friendly general purpose curse word for characters. "Gorram" and "hump" are also used, since we are all Firefly fans, though they are used much less frequently. "Seven Sisters" covers most of the epitaths directed at the dieties of the universe.

Fortunately, none of the characters have ever been in a bad enough spot to utter "Belgium" but I'm still working on it. :)

Matt "Science-fiction-quasi-profanity-inventor" Frisbee

No, I wasn't making a joke, though now I'm curious to the joke I almost made.... Thank you for explaining.

What does "Belgium" signify? What level of trouble would you have to be in?

What does "Belgium" signify? What level of trouble would you have to be in?

only the most dire of circumstances could cause one of anything even remotely seeming of civil tone to utter such a phrase.

(try running Belgium and Douglas Adams in Google)

Well' date=' I got better.[/quote']There's a quote-worthy response right there.

*looks* Oh, yeah...

In our Shadowrun game, many of our players are fans of Schlock Mercenary. This is important because we have just been contracted to clean out an infestation of "vermin." Namely, a twisted path (toxic) Rat Shaman, a bunch of devil rats and some human(ish) lackeys. Our employer has already agreed to pay us by the head (lit.).

Tosh (Our Face): Do you mind if we get paid by other sources to do the same job?

Josephine (Our Employer): No, why.

Zeke (Technomancer): There's a standing bounty on Toxic shamans.

Shining Johnny (Street Samurai): And the city council has a standing bounty of devil rats.

Jackie "Timberwolf" (Street Shaman): *Neener-Neener sing-song*We get paid twice!

PCs: *Neener-Neener sing-song with Cabbage Patch*We get paid twice! We get paid twice!

"What the **** is this, a Tardis?"

"Great, he's really the Timelord of Blades."

----------------------

"Ah, the true payoff to being a wizard ... when your enemies clusterf*** in a tight formation. It's like saying 'I'd like a sleep spell now, please."

----------------------

"Well, first he's blinded, stunned, and unconscious. Then he's blinded and stunned. Then he's stunned. Which is pretty much saying 'You're screwed, boned, and f****d, then screwed and boned, then screwed'.

"What the **** is this, a Tardis?"

"Great, he's really the Timelord of Blades."

----------------------

"Ah, the true payoff to being a wizard ... when your enemies clusterf*** in a tight formation. It's like saying 'I'd like a sleep spell now, please."

----------------------

"Well, first he's blinded, stunned, and unconscious. Then he's blinded and stunned. Then he's stunned. Which is pretty much saying 'You're screwed, boned, and f****d, then screwed and boned, then screwed'.

"We did the sc** three times, 'cause thats our Favorite"

From last night's session of my Traders of the Spinward Marches campaign:

The crew of the Arcadia is invited to attend a state dinner on Collace after safeguarding Duke Norris' niece. Bennington, ex-spy and the only one with the High Society skill, blows his roll. "I've been hanging around these guys too long. I can't remember which fork to use."

Cannon, professional soldier, doesn't even bother rolling (I gave everyone an untrained 6- to know the basics of table manners). He starts eating off his own plate and the plates of anyone around him that has something interesting on it.

Amusingly, Lupo, the ex-pirate Vargr starpilot, is the only one to try an untrained check and succeed (rolling a 5). Not wanting to push his luck, the player refuses an offer to try Conversation at an 8-. ;)

Later, the group is in more relaxed surroundings (the local Seedy Dive at the Mille Falcs starport). Grigori, the Captain's nemesis rolls in with a small group of SolSec agents. Things head quickly to a fight.

After people start drawing knives and other melee weapons, Bennington quips, "Good thing we brought a cannon to a knife fight."

Due to a colossal error on the part of the PC's, The Oligarch, earth's mightiest mystic villain, was able to abscond with the superpowers of one of the PC's, stealing it from the Ebon Flame cultists who were controlling the PC's power.

However, at the same time, the heroes had accidentally activated the psychoelectric transformation in their electrokinetic's brain, so the heroes were divided and beaten down, even with special guest stars.

The only two people following the flying mystic artifact were a special guest star from another superteam and a completely NEW team member.

So...the two heroes arrive on the scene, and fight three bonesword ninjas from the Cult of the Ebon Flame. The Oligarch, black cloaked, appears from nowhere and floats down towards the docks where the Ebon Flame is moving away in their motorboat. Seeing the heroes, he stares at them and says...

"I can see that you are understaffed. That's it...? WHO ARE YOU PEOPLE?"

The Spectre, describing the special effects for his Retrocognition : "Right, my eyes light up and there's lots of tinkling..."

Me OOC : "Lots of tinkling? You should get your prostate checked."

Spectre (starts again) : "Alright, glowing eyes, usual tinkling"

Me : "That much tinkling is not usual"

Vitus got some good news in the game last Saturday - the South American supers, including el Leon ( the one that Vitus' concubine 3 spent several hours 'distracting', were all clones. And they're all faulty clones, doomed to an imminent death from total organ failure.

Therefore, as Vitus happily commented "He may well be a better lover than I, and he may well have been hung like a moose, but on the other hand I'm not the one who is going to die a horrible death in the next few weeks."

Some people would call this schadenfreude ( "shameful joy" ), but not Vitus. He's not ashamed at all.

No' date=' I wasn't making a joke, though now I'm curious to the joke I almost made.... Thank you for explaining.[/quote']

Fallout in the sense of "falling out of the ship" or as in vomitting near a nuclear (fusion) reactor (on the engineering deck). Yeah, its not funny if its explained, but there it is.

Rav (OOC): I'm quick drawing my revolver to shoot the trooper with the laser rifle!

Shep (OOC): Wait -- he's trying to draw and fire a projectile weapon faster than someone can shoot a beam of light?! Isn't that against the laws of physics?

Rav (OOC in best Bugs Bunny voice): Well, I uh, never studied law.

(A general groan arises followed by a small fusillade of dice and other small objects directed at Rav...)

Matt "Still-Loony-Toons-after-all-these-years" Frisbee

Fallout in the sense of "falling out of the ship" or as in vomitting near a nuclear (fusion) reactor (on the engineering deck). Yeah, its not funny if its explained, but there it is.

Rav (OOC): I'm quick drawing my revolver to shoot the trooper with the laser rifle!

Shep (OOC): Wait -- he's trying to draw and fire a projectile weapon faster than someone can shoot a beam of light?! Isn't that against the laws of physics?

Rav (OOC in best Bugs Bunny voice): Well, I uh, never studied law.

(A general groan arises followed by a small fusillade of dice and other small objects directed at Rav...)

Matt "Still-Loony-Toons-after-all-these-years" Frisbee

He deserves a chance just for that quote. ROFL :D

Our new employer has asked for "genetic samples" so he can key the secret base security to recognize us. (He meant just cheek swabs or something.) Baxter is a young man who has been very sheltered.

Baxter: How do we do that?

Eris: Well, for you, sweetheart, we'll provide a magazine and a little plastic cup.