Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Nicalo watching Rufio put on his Black Powder Weapon Arsenal of Pistols, Grenades, and Jager Rifle.

Nicalo: "Rufio, why didn't you use the grenades during our attack on the Undead, Eternal Emperor?"

Rufio: "I decided that grenades in close combat would be bad."

Later

It occurred to Nicalo that, being alive, the Archmage would now find our presence to be an irritant--as one of the few visceral influences on an undead seems to be this instinct-level annoyance at the presence of living things. He agreed that this was the case but he did not allow himself to be swayed by this irritation, preferring to rely on reason.

Niccalo: "I admire a man who can resist the pull of irrational instinct."

Presumably self-identified as a different sort of man . . .to the Archmage/Necromancer after the Undead/Lich returned us to life.

Rufio: "Heeeeeeh!"

LOL

QM

Session 13 of Vendetta Rhapsody

Jay (OOC): "The last thing you want is for [Koyotie] to notice you."

Grady (GM): "Trust me, you do not want her undivided attention."

GM: "You've heard of [stern] before. He's not a super-human, he's just an a**hole."

GM: "[Kiloton] bench-presses for charity."

Technicality tells a waitress why Full Metal Jacket won't remove his motorcycle helmet: "LARP."

Mike (as the waitress later): "He had 'larp'! It must be some sort of disfiguring disease!"

Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) to Technicality about the new party member: "Am I to understand Lightning Takashi is Yakuza?"

Technicality: *nods*

FMJ: "I'm going to go back and savor the irony."

FMJ on Lightning Takashi: "Is he a murdering sort of fella or a killing sort of fella?"

Technicality: "What's the difference?"

FMJ: "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand."

Nestor (OOC): "There's enough woman for two people."

Mike: *makes the 'oversharing' sign*

Jay: "Oh no, they cloned Mudshark!"

Mirage: "You have no idea what you're getting into."

FMJ: "Story of my life."

Mirage: "[Dr. Archer], I take it all of your friends are staying out of trouble."

Dr. Archer: "The night's still young."

Thuis reminds me of something that happened in my friend's 3rd Ed D&D fantasy campaign.

One of our buddys was playing a Druid named Rowan, who was a competent Druid, but kind of lacking in the department of thinking things through, and kind of a jerk besides. (Rowan thought a lot like an animal; what was good for Rowan was "good", what was bad for Rowan was "bad", and somehow its always mating season).

Rowan managed to end up with an enchanted headband that raises your Wisdom by 8 points.

[Rowan puts on the headband...then looks awed....then worried...then embarassed...then non-plussed]

Jerika: Whats wrong?

Rowan: I....can never...take... this... off. :nonp:

Which reminds *me* of a 3rd Ed D+D game of my own. The party was getting ready to ambush a mind flayer, one who had done some really serious damage to them before with a psionic blast. This time, they are all armed with Potions of Owl's Wisdom to give thier WIll Saves a much needed boost beofre the fight. Amusingly enough, many of the party members *forgot* to drink their potions when the mind flayer appeared. Anyway, on her action, the half-orc barbarian, Kel, chugs her potion. The sudden boost in Wisdom leads her to utter this line:

"Holy $#!&! Are we out of our minds? We're attacking an "effing" mind flayer!!"

Mirage: "[Dr. Archer], I take it all of your friends are staying out of trouble."

Dr. Archer: "The night's still young."

Chuckle.

Reminds me of an exchange from a pulp adventure I ran a couple of years back:

Strong Jawed Adventurer to flighty femme fatale at end of a relaxing evening epilogue: "Do you realise Miss Dashwood, this is the first time I've spent a whole day in your company when you have remained fully clothed."

Miss Dashwood: "Well there's still half an hour till midnight. Pop in for a coffee?"

Chuckle.

Reminds me of an exchange from a pulp adventure I ran a couple of years back:

Strong Jawed Adventurer to flighty femme fatale at end of a relaxing evening epilogue: "Do you realise Miss Dashwood, this is the first time I've spent a whole day in your company when you have remained fully clothed."

Miss Dashwood: "Well there's still half an hour till midnight. Pop in for a coffee?"

Pure awesome :)

Pure awesome :)

I'd love to take the credit, but the divine Miss Dashwood was being played by the incomparable Mrs "V" and the line was delivered perfectly to the amusement of all concerned.

Prime cosmic powered super-evolved human who looks like a furry orange version of Yoda... He also happens to be one of the most impulsive get himself in trouble types in the campaign...

Prime describing a teammate's action after the teammate does something impulsive and later turns up "dead" because of it: "A feat of monumental stupidity, such as I have never seen before."

I've blocked out some of the details but the story that led to my current favourite quote goes something like this.

Victorian supernatural mystery adventure in which the PC's are trying to interview the sister of a murder victim. One character (John Dunkington) has a little problem with remembering his manners and the player has a big problem with being told what to do, in game or out.

The other two (Duan) and (Jim) are saying things like - "He didn't mean that!" "Calm down!" and "Never mind him he's going to stop now."

John. - "No! No! I'm going to wander off then drop my trousers and start running around the house."

GM. - "Are you going to try and stop him?"

Duan. - "Oh for heaven's sake! Yes!" (Fails his grapple roll).

Jim. - (Player is fighting hysterics by sitting very still with a frozen face and indicates that this is all he is capable of at this point in time).

John. "Oh. I'm also shouting 'freedom!' As I run."

(In his mad dash John encounters a servant and the lady of the house, the lady faints and the servant summons the constabulary. The Police have in fact been keeping an eye on the characters.)

Thus.

GM. - "Six policemen burst into the room and start dragging you away."

John. - "What!?! Six? How did they get here so quickly?"

Duan. - "Look this is Victorian England, he'd could justifiably kill you're character for this."

John. - "Bollocks! How long have I been running around this house with my trousers down anyway?"

* American Angel searching for the rest of the Team:

Building she's in front of explodes outward:

AA: Oh. There they are.

I've had that situation happen in a 2E D&D game. My character and some other nobles (disguised, looking for clues to something) were talking about how nice and quiet this evening was in the lower end neighborhood.

Then there was a ruckus and lots of yelling. My character called out a PC's name, "knowing" said PC (and his fellow lackey PCs) had just done something wrong. We ran to rescue them.

From last weekend's session of a long-running pulp hero campaign... The party is an international group who tend to get involved investingating strange and possibly supernatural events. Most recently they have discovered that the Thule society (the Nazi's interested in the supernatural) have been trying to steal something from a cave in Finland.

George (OOC): I don't think you can be out of range of a god.

Later...

Sven (OOC): I made it by 12 and still failed?

George (OOC): See, that's what you get for messing with a god.

Finally, I have actually had some roleplaying in order to cull quotes from. It's been a lean couple of years.

This was the Tribe 8 one-off game of two weeks ago, where were all playing Agnite children (of the tribe of children)

"I am one with the stool!"

"I am in touch with my inner stool!"

These were both from "Elvis", the oldest of us. Thankfully, he meant the wooden seating implement.

"He makes me feel funny!"

From Johnny, our youngest member, while hiding in the Wrong Tavern. Definitely not a place for small children. Thankfully the man let them go...

From saturday day's DnD game. Human ranger and dwarf cleric/wizard are going to a temple to meet with an elven paladin.

Ranger - "Let me do the talking"

cleric/wizard - "OK"

they knock on the door. When the guard answers, "Can I help you"

Ranger - "The dwarf has a message for someone here"

Teen Champions game, at Ravenswood. In an attempt to teach some of the cockier students (of which mine is one) a little humility, CLOWN has been brought in to run some training simulations with the students.

My character, being a colossal rule-bender and not believing in the concept of the unwritten rule, grills the proctor over the conditions.

Me: "Have they had access to our files ... y'know, our powers and abilities and all that jazz?"

Proctor: "Yes, and you get to look at theirs."

(Later, right before the test)

Me (to two teammates): "Everybody swap Image Inducers so they have no idea who's who." (to GM)

GM: *facedesk*

Me: "Oh, by the way, can I buy the Tactics skill?"

Teen Champions game, at Ravenswood. In an attempt to teach some of the cockier students (of which mine is one) a little humility, CLOWN has been brought in to run some training simulations with the students.

My character, being a colossal rule-bender and not believing in the concept of the unwritten rule, grills the proctor over the conditions.

Me: "Have they had access to our files ... y'know, our powers and abilities and all that jazz?"

Me (to two teammates): "Everybody swap Image Inducers so they have no idea who's who." (to GM)

THAT would get an xp award from me. Good thinking, and yes your award would be an 8- Tactics for free. (you only have to spend 2 points to raise it to a full skill.)

From our D&D game:

Our stalwart heroes are being sent off on what might be a suicide mission...

Il'Marcum: How about a nice Blessing before we go?

Dwarven cleric: (chanting) Oh, you poor bastiches, you're going to diiiiieeee...

Y'llek: I need to get enough gold together to commission some Arrows of Spell Storing.

Leila: What would they do?

Y'llek: Well, if Il'Marcum is far away and hurt, I could fire an arrow at him with a Cure Serious Wounds spell on it.

Leila: Let me get this straight. To cure him, you're going to *shoot* him?!

Devlyn tries to use a lightning want to attack some hobgoblins, but fails her Use Magic Device roll.

Aren: No, it's (waving an imaginary wand and imitating Hermione Granger) "Wingardium Levi-OOO-sa!"

Y'llek and Devlyn become surrounded by about a dozen hobgoblins. This is seen by sorcerer Il'Marcum, flying overhead.

Il'Marcum: (smiles apologetically to Y'llek and Devlyn, then turns to DM) I cast a fireball, centered on Y'llek and Devlyn.

Later in the fight, the big bad boss appears and attacks Il'Marcum.

Devlyn: What should I do?

Y'llek: (waving an imaginary wand) Swish and flick!

The PCs have found a handy magical device which makes it obvious who's on which side by assigning colors. The good guys are blue, bad guys are red; those undecided, neutral or changing their minds show up as purple.

Upon figuring this out, Flora declares, "Go team blue!"

Later, when Flora stumbles over how to tell the party the people on the hill are showing up as neutral, Rastal (OOC), guesses, "Those are purple people eaters?"

(Thus followed a number of Red vs. Blue jokes you don't need rehashed here. Really.)

Daris, outnumbered 24 to 1, is sneaking past some guards, and flubs his Stealth. He steps on a stick, which snaps, and half the encampment turns to look at him. He lies his way into not getting shot immediately, and they ask him to turn over his weapons.

"Okay, but what about theirs?" he says, indicating the army several hundred feet behind him.

GM: "They look."

Daris: "I run."

Later, Rastal remarks, watching Daris charge forward, "We'd better go in. He's lost his f***ing mind."

After Daris pulls an impressively stupid stunt, Rastal says, "You're stealing my moves!"

Daris replies, "You can have them back now. Thank you."

Oops, forgot one more from the D&D game:

The heroes had some Strength drained away during the battle. In the process of re-calculating weapon damage, Aren's player pointed out that Yllek's player wasn't calculating his damage correctly, and in fact had the normal weapon damage incorrect on the character sheet.

Yllek (OOC, pissed at himself): But that means I should have been doing one more point of damage for every hit! For *months* I've been doing less damage than I could have! Months!!"

Ryan (OOC to DM): All those orcs that Yllek plugged full of arrows -- they're all a little bit deader now."

(A group of Teen Heroes is wandering through a deserted VIPER nest, someone, or SOMETHING is still here judging by the lights, but one of the teens gets nervous as they walk through the halls. Mole tries to help)

Mole shrugs, "Or maybe they had to abandon it because of something worse than them here... you know, like those movies where some lab experiment or alien gets into the vents and kills an entire space station?" Then he pauses, and realizes this is the LAST thing Kylie needs to hear, "But I'm -pretty- sure that's not the case."

Pulling Pranks on CLOWN... I love it!

The PCs have found a handy magical device which makes it obvious who's on which side by assigning colors. The good guys are blue, bad guys are red; those undecided, neutral or changing their minds show up as purple.

Upon figuring this out, Flora declares, "Go team blue!"

----------

Daris, outnumbered 24 to 1, is sneaking past some guards, and flubs his Stealth. He steps on a stick, which snaps, and half the encampment turns to look at him. He lies his way into not getting shot immediately, and they ask him to turn over his weapons.

"Okay, but what about theirs?" he says, indicating the army several hundred feet behind him.

GM: "They look."

Daris: "I run."

---------

After Daris pulls an impressively stupid stunt, Rastal says, "You're stealing my moves!"

Daris replies, "You can have them back now. Thank you."

Brilliant lines. Woo Hoo!