What Are You Listening To Right Now?

Guest Black Lotus

James Lee Stanley. Most of you have probably never heard of him, but I've been a fan since I first saw him in 1986, and just got to see him live again last week. Dude has like 25 albums; seriously, you should check them out. (Simpatico is my personal favorite.)

Here's a funny song: Digitalis, preceded by his hysterical story of how he came to write a Carlos Santana-esque "Latin Boogie" despite speaking no Spanish:

Here's a serious number:

Savlonic, the electro-pop group that started as animated videos on the "Weebl's Stuff" website, has a new album called "Neon". From a band that started out as an inside joke, it's a surprisingly dark album that's mostly about the process and consequences of a bad breakup. Makes me wonder if that's really happening within the band (a husband-and-wife duo with a drummer).

Rain on the roof of the library. A distant roll of thunder.

The latest new CD I heard was of Gustav Holst's original version of The Planets for two pianos. Quite interesting. While some movements lose the wall-of-sound power of a full symphony orchestra, sometimes the structure of the music is clearer.

Dean Shomshak

the first volume of the Steven Universe soundtrack is out on iTunes, Google, and Youtube. The sound quality is amazing, especially with headphones.  :shock:

Here is Broadway superstar Patti Lupone as one of American Animated TV's great villains -- the galactic dictatress Yellow Diamond.

The song is about her compatriot's mourning for Pink Diamond, who was murdered on Earth during the Crystal Gem rebellion.

Do not click below if you do not want to be spoiled for the newest episodes. Repeat -- DO NOT CLICK ON IT! It's ENORMOUS!

After the most recent set of episodes, Yellow Diamond has gone from avenging demon to the prime suspect -- who still wants to annihilate Earth and make the surviving rebels suffer.