Teen Champion Cover!

yamamura

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Teen Champion Cover!

Which begs to ask' date=' what is the name of the girl in the Dr. Suse hat?[/quote']

Her name is Cantrip. I assume that is her character portrait that is being used on the cover.

The character is cute but I'm disappointed in the cover. It's just another in-house fabricated cover. I'm really starting to miss real covers.

Imagine a cover with Cantrip standing in a school room at the blackboard writing "I will not use super-powers in class." Imagine a teacher turned away or distracted by some commotion outside the window. Imagine seeing Cantrip's hand glowing and 10 pieces of chalk all writing "I will not use superpowers in class," all the while Cantrip has a cute evil smile on her face. That's a cover which conveys what the book is about and which upholds the idea of Champions being a comic book game, IMO.

Are we to the point where all we need are interior pictures on the cover of a book to make it appealing? I certainly hope not.

Not particularly fond of the cover. The character illustration looks nice' date=' but the picture as a whole is just way too static. It seems that Hero just isn't using many covers showing dynamic action done well. Too bad, some of the covers from a few years ago were quite excellent.[/quote']

My first impression was that it is rather static, but I think it works. Its a simple statement, this book is about the carefree life of a teenager...it just happens to be a teenager who can throw 12d6 EBs. :)

S'ok. I have to go with MitchellS and say that a bit more of a scene would have been better. If there's anything I dislike in comicbook art, it's panels with no background. That's what this feels like to me. It's not terrible though.