"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

3 hours ago, Bazza said:

Funnily enough, a critical success has the same result, as above, but you are in charge (ie dominate) of the relationship. 

Can you name a single instance in mythology in which Zeus was dominated by one of his paramours? Even Hera couldn't pull that off.

EDIT: Okay, technically Thyone did get Zeus to swear to grant her whatever she desired, but thanks to Hera's deception that didn't work out well for her.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Sorry, not the Okaarans. Starfire was captured by the Gordanians, reptilians with three-fingered hands who at the time were slavers and enforcers for the Citadel Empire, dominating the Vega star system.

The Okaarans, aka the Warlords of Okaara, were masters of all the martial arts and sciences, on the one world of Vega that was not subject to the Citadel.

There are reasons I love these forums.  Lord Liaden is among them.

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

Sorry, not the Okaarans. Starfire was captured by the Gordanians, reptilians with three-fingered hands who at the time were slavers and enforcers for the Citadel Empire, dominating the Vega star system.

The Okaarans, aka the Warlords of Okaara, were masters of all the martial arts and sciences, on the one world of Vega that was not subject to the Citadel.

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding....We have a winner!    You Milord get the above named prizes and a months supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. (At least that’s the name “she” gives the cops.) 

17 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

You guys are missing the point. :rolleyes:  This is a 20-sided rock crystal die with Greek lettering that's 2,000 years old! It's gaming, and it's Roman history! Having that would be next-level geek cred. :rockon:

Sure, but given its age and price, it will only be a very expensive paperweight. I like to play with my toys.

39 minutes ago, Cancer said:

I buy cheap dice so that when they betray me, I can perform the rituals of degradation and destruction in front of the others without worrying about the sunk cost of the dice who have earned my wrath.

Are you the guy who microwaved his d20 after rolling too many 1s?

21 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

I knew they were from Vega

CES

4 hours ago, Cancer said:

I buy cheap dice so that when they betray me, I can perform the rituals of degradation and destruction in front of the others without worrying about the sunk cost of the dice who have earned my wrath.

What is your preferred instrument of retaliation? Hydraulic press? Sledgehammer? Butane torch? Tetrahydrofuran?

5 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Are you the guy who microwaved his d20 after rolling too many 1s?

No; that often damages the microwave oven.  Ideally I would want to use a big Fresnel lens and concentrate sunlight which would do the melting/burning, which has the major plus of increasing the terror since the victim and audience can watch the inexorable advance of the killing beam.  Unfortunately, several problems with the concept: Takes a big lens to get enough power; a single set-up won't work for every occasion as the Sun moves north & south seasonally; here in the Pacific Northwet it can go months between adequately clear days for the burning, making the Tomorrow, at high noon sentence impossible to pronounce meaningfully. That last means that even making a big heliostat isn't a viable option.

So, it's the cheap charcoal/lots of lighter fluid/cheap rusty old Steel BBQ of DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMM......