And 6e print books start to arrive

archermoo

Re: And 6e print books start to arrive

According to UPS the APG I ordered on 10/21 is scheduled to arrive today - I too sent minions to GenCon to order me the Main Books so there's no way I can track those, but perhaps the pick system is sophisticated enough to combine tickets for a single delivery address and I'll get a big box o Vetran's Day joy.

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shipments of the Sixth Edition, the Basic Rulebook, and the Advanced Player’s Guide have pretty much all gone out by now

I just don't want people leaping to the conclusion that there's something wrong with their orders when we know that 10% of them still haven't even left the warehouse (or whatever percentage we're down to today)

Can you see where certain expectations were raised?

Unless GenCon pre-orders were over 90% of the total, then none of them ought to still be in the queue. First In, First Out would have saved a lot of the frustrations expressed here on the boards.

and every request for info we get slows the process down that few minutes more.

This sounds odd, given that multiple people are reporting not receiving responses to such inquiries for over a week now.

That just means that a label was printed out but that the truck hasn't picked it up and it hasn't been scanned into the UPS tracking database yet.
I was a bit skeptical of this at first, but it turns out you're right. My APG was picked up from Sparks yesterday at 4PM, and left Roseburg today at 11:50. If its movement matches what the 6E books did, it'll be delivered here in Corvallis on Friday.

For the warehouse people: :thumbup::king:

And I'm not sure whether to hope things settle down soon or not (if they don't it means sales are hopping).

Most business that do their own shipping will get, print out, and label a box with a tracking number before the pickup - this is how mail trucks come to you to pick things up instead of you going to them. This can happen well before pick up, but often no more than 2 business days before hand. It's been common practice for years.