Last Dance With Mary Jane...

Marcus Impudite

Your character is walking through a wooded area near Campaign City (insert character appropriate reason here) when he/she comes upon something shocking: hidden by camouflaged netting is a large patch of marijuana plants! Who is growing theses plants isn't immediately obvious, but based on the number of plants being grown, it's a safe bet they intend to distribute. It's also clear from footprints and discarded food and beverage containers in the area that someone comes by on a regular basis to check on the illicit "crops." How does your character react to finding this near his/her city?

WWYCD?

Re: Last Dance With Mary Jane...

**Looks up** Champions thread.

Only had one Champions character that I ever built and played. Alien brick that I called Vanguard. One of the things about Vanguard is that, while good in a fight, had no concept of Earth cultures nor even biological needs*. He would not understand the importance of something like you described. He would probably shrug his shoulders and wonder why somebody felt the need to hide green plants under a green net. He would then just move on to whatever he was doing before making the discovery.

* Vanguard was more a construct and less a lifeform. He had total Life Support with the special effect that he absorbed enough ambient energy to power himself. The was before I knew about Dark Matter and Energy. Otherwise, I would have used that as a special effect of his Life Support.

The Phantom Avenger: *Lies in wait for the miscreants to return to unleash a pair of blazing .45's worth of Justice upon the Dealers.....*

Big E: *Collects it all for proper destruction by Burning it all down to it's component ashes......*

Bobcat: *Rolls around in it, gets a glassy eyed look, chases things that aren't there* (Well he is a Cat thing......)

The Golden Koi: *Wonders why white people don't take up a proper botanical hobby like Bonsai trees, turns the matter over to the local authorities while he tracks down his eternal nemisis, The Crimson Claw! who was OBVIOUSLY responsible for such a heinous grow stash.....

Doc Thunder: *Drops something from his Utility Belt* *BOOOMM!! FWOOSH!!!! "Uhm....Thought that was the Herbacide.... *Calls the fire department....*

The Futurian: "Canabis? We haven't seen stuff like this in CENTURIES! Does it do anything?"

Expendable One: Calls his "Agency" contacts to make sure it isn't theirs. If so, marks it off the list of things to fix. If not, Marks it on the list of things to Fix. Sharpens Knife for the Fixing.

Jack Jumper.... Shrinks down, finds a good place to watch the show, and summons everything that can bite or sting in a 500 mile radius to set up shop in the weeds.

~Rex

Your character is walking through a wooded area near Campaign City (insert character appropriate reason here) when he/she comes upon something shocking: hidden by camouflaged netting is a large patch of marijuana plants! Who is growing theses plants isn't immediately obvious, but based on the number of plants being grown, it's a safe bet they intend to distribute. It's also clear from footprints and discarded food and beverage containers in the area that someone comes by on a regular basis to check on the illicit "crops." How does your character react to finding this near his/her city?

WWYCD?

The plants are just hidden not rigged with booby traps or anything like that?

Vitus : *shrugs* not my problem. Anyway, if the authorities are going to complain about marijuana crops they'll want a word with his teammates - after all, we made Bangladesh's native cannabis forests (the country got it's name for a reason, people ) regrow one afternoon. A few hectares is nothing compared to 147,570 km2

Zero : Should probably do something about this. Stoned people broadcasting good vibes interferes with focused telepathy.

ROVER : Would be deeply confused by all the contradictory information the mediasphere has on the subject. Would ask teammates for advice.

Girl Anachronism : Help herself to some buds.

Whatever dire need brought an urbanite like Vigil out into the wilds in the first place is vastly more important. Other things to do, moving along.

Now if, for whatever reason, the people growing the pot turn up and start something, he will not hesitate to finish it. But that's the kind of guy he is when you hassle him.

You know, when I first saw the title of this thread, my initial thought was that some villain

had decided to re-enact the events shown in the video for the Tom Petty song of the same

name...but then I asked myself, what villain in the Champions Universe would be creepy

enough to use the necrophiliac's anthem as the basis for a crime (:confused:)...?!

Major Tom 2009 :nonp:

Minus 79 and counting...

You know, when I first saw the title of this thread, my initial thought was that some villain

had decided to re-enact the events shown in the video for the Tom Petty song of the same

name...but then I asked myself, what villain in the Champions Universe would be creepy

enough to use the necrophiliac's anthem as the basis for a crime (:confused:)...?!

Minus 79 and counting...

Well given it wasa a Marcus Impudite thread. It may have crossed my mind. (though I figured zombies might be a little beneath a demon like him though)

Minus 79 and counting...

The video not withstanding, I'm pretty sure it's obvious what that song was really about...:smoke::smoke::smoke:

Blue: would only keep an eye on things as it may be run by people of interest to the police. If he doesn't like the look of the grower' date=' he'd bring up the situation with his friend Poltron[/quote']

Hmmm...the name Poltron conjures up an interesting mental image -- that of five barnyard

chickens combining to form a giant (for them) rooster-bot (:snicker:).

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Minus 75 and counting...

Iron Maiden, Hell's Angel, Rose Hancock, Le Fantome, and most of my other other PCs wouldn't do anything about it. Either they don't care or it just isn't a high enough priority to bother with.

The Black Knight might harvest a little for his own personal use.

The Dark (a Shadow-esque vigilante) would investigate enough to make sure it wasn't owned or managed by some big organized crime ring. If not, he would then forget about it. If it was, he'd use it to further his efforts at destroying said crime ring.

Quazar - He'd use his helemt radio set to access the cell phone system, place a call to Campaign City Chief of Police (he's a contact) and report the crop.

Mystica - Who has time for these things when there are teenagers summoning demons all across town? Maybe if these teenagers smoked some of this marijuana then they wouldn't be rummaging through the attics of abandon houses and stumbling on forgotten spell books. Look, I'd love to stay and chat but I just got a call that a Morbane has broken into a locked vault of the Campaign City Public Library...

Shadow Hunter - He'd stake out the patch and wait for the tenders to come back. Then he'd subdue them and find out who they worked for. He'd work his way up the chain to the Big Boss, and then he'd make him pay.

Septa - (ex)Superthief playing hero in the one foreing superheroteam allowed on american Soil (Justice Force America on Herocentral).

Her main power is a staff that gives her controll and knowledge over 6 Elemets - including plants. So she can propably give you a overview of the health of them, the sub species and how to properly care for them (despite never growing them herself).

If she sees an opportunity, she would not be opposed to take a sample for use. But her costume has no place to hide stuff and the press would be interested in any dirt on the team.

She propably would have to report that find, unless she knows the person it belongs too and cares enough to not rat them out. Wich is unlikely at that amount.

She could not wait for the owners however. When she is in strong concentrations on one element and has nothign to do, her mind tends to "drift". She could end up wandering around naked through the forrest, looking at the plants for days. Again.