The Flash

Greywind

Marvel has a mutant like the Turtle, except his name is Sebastien Shaw and he accumulates all the absorbed kinetic energy and then discharges it as super strength (and increased reflex speed, I believe). This Turtle dude just glowered a lot and not much else. What did his body do with all the kinetic energy he siphoned off of everyone around him? His character design felt woefully incomplete to me.

And I'm not sorry to see Patty dump Barry. He may be a good guy, but he's a lousy boyfriend. As are pretty much all superheroes. They are like rock stars; great to date for a quick thrill, but if you are emotionally stable, you don't want to try and have a real relationship with them.

I know this isn't the Arrow thread, but are we witnessing the origin of Oracle on that show?

Regarding the spoilered spoilery bits:

Basically a call out to Oracle. I read an interview that she won't use the code name, and that it's possible she may regain her ability to walk at some point. So, Oracle with the serial numbers filed off.

Pretty much.

Just like Smallville's Chloe Sullivan (although she used the codename Watchtower). 

From Smallville Wikia on Chloe under Notes:

Chloe's job as super-hero information broker as well as living in a tower-base in the center of the city is an obvious homage to Barbara Gordon, who as Oracle plays the same role, and who also lived in a tower in the center of Gotham City.

Interesting.

I never got that far on Smallville.

Continuing our discussion

After Smallville ended it had a comic series dubbed Season Eleven and a few other miniseries/specials to flesh it out further, and turned it into an actual proper Justice League with Wonder Woman & Batman and more. Lots and lots of DC characters, and references, the comic continuations going for multiple years. 

Here is the members of Smallville JL. Scroll past the members for support people, ex-members and allies. 

If we're counting potential speedsters, we've also got Wally now, so seven.

8...apparently Trajectory (whom I've never heard of) is coming to the show.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/364063-the-flash-sets-trajectory-with-allison-paige#/slide/1

If they use her powers as described in the article, then she sounds intriguing.

Ok.... if.... IF

Jay turns out to be Zoom playing both ends

I'm going to be SO pissed. Hell of a reveal about his Earth 1 counterpart

Yes, the slurping scene was hilarious. 

I'm SO glad Cisco wasn't getting the nose bleeds because of his powers.  Still, foolish of him to tell his name and import to a time traveler

Watching the Flash do a beat down on Eobard was gratifying. It's an irony that Eobard was reaping the reward of training Barry in the first season. I'd feel sorry for our man in the yellow suit, but given he's a proven killer... not so much.

Barry is an idiot when it comes to love, but he's a good hearted idiot.

Ok. I enjoyed the Tarpit episode, more for the interaction between Wells and the others than the villain. The actor who plays Joe has some real chops on him, and I loved the whole "...or I'd kill him" bit. And yes, I actually felt sorry for Harrison. He DID practically beg Barry not to trust him...and then boom.

But real props go to Barry, or the writers who remembered that heroes don't let innocents die just because they're related to desperate jerks. 

Agreed on Barry. Defeating Tarpit was anticlimactic. The real point of the episode was to further the plot with Zoom. And next time.... Earth 2! Caitlyn as Killer Frost. Barry as some guy with glasses.

Harrison's actor is outstanding. I flop between wanting to punch him and feeling sorry for him.

I liked this episode a lot.  I'm pretty sure it is the first episode of The Flash that I have seen that at no point did I look at Barry and think, "You idiot".  Of course the fight between him and the baddie of the week wasn't much of a fight, but really against most of the people that they have sent against him they shouldn't be.  The Flash is one of DC's heavy hitters and that is saying a lot.

Now, if they can write more episodes for the newly not dumb Barry Allen, they could be onto something.

Earth 2's architecture and styles were fun. 

Some of the character flips were good for a chuckle. Killer Frost fits the classic 'Evil is Sexy' trope, while still being true to the 'evil is sometimes sick in the ####ing head'. 

Garrick had some serious moves in the short time he had with the speed. Note to all: Do not mock that helmet.

Cisco meets Dark Cisco was fantastic, and brief! Still, good to see hints of Cisco taking it further than before, maybe. The actor seemed to have a blast playing against himself.