In other news...

tkdguy

Well-preserved fruitcake more than 100 years old found in Antarctica

A fruitcake from the Robert Falcon Scott expedition to Antarctica more than 100 years ago has been recovered intact and been described as almost still edible, according to Antarctic Heritage Trust officials. The paper-wrapped fruitcake was found stored in a container inside a building used by Scott's explorers in 1911, along with other artifacts.

(Italics added)

source

A fruitcake from the Robert Falcon Scott expedition to Antarctica more than 100 years ago has been recovered intact and been described as almost still edible, according to Antarctic Heritage Trust officials.

Inquiring minds want to know:

1) Is that because it was in Antarctica, or because it was a fruitcake?

2) Are we sure it started out better than "almost edible"?

I'm pretty sure Scott actually intended to eat the fruitcake on his way back from the South Pole. Back then people actually liked fruitcake. As far as I know the British still do and the contempt it is typically held in is a largely American phenomenon.

Of course Scott never got back, so it's been sitting there unnoticed.

What I want to know is how Amundsen and Scott knew where the South Pole was. Not in general terms, but how they knew when they had reached that specific point in a featureless wasteland where no animal life can survive very long. How did they know when they were there?

Inquiring minds want to know:

1) Is that because it was in Antarctica, or because it was a fruitcake?

2) Are we sure it started out better than "almost edible"?

There are two kinds of people in the world:

1) People who like fruitcake;

2) People who either can't do basic math, or who aren't sure how point form works;

2) People who don't like fruitcake, and who are therefore bad and wrong and dumb and like Aquaman. 

2) People who either can't do basic math, or who aren't sure how point form works;

2) People who don't like fruitcake, and who are therefore bad and wrong and dumb and like Aquaman. 

and

d) People who are fruitcake.   ;)

But, I hate fruitcake, Aquaman, and can do basic math.

Am I an outlier?

Note: And yes, I did get you labeled 3 things. :winkgrin: (including 2 2s)