In other news...

tkdguy

... I'm familiar with the phenomenon, and it is the reason the Almighty gave the rest of us antivehicle artillery.

Yeah, I've been victim of it.....a lot

Also fall victim often to people being in my lane going slow, so I have to move into the other lane to pass them, I look back and they are moving into the lane behind me after I pass, and I wonder "Why didn't they just get in the lane in the first place"

Do they define "slowly"? Or is everyone doing ander 110 antivehicle rocket bait?

No more driving slowly in the left lane (AB334)

Slow left-lane drivers, be warned: Starting today it is a misdemeanor for someone to drive in the left hand lane if he or she knows or should reasonably know that he or she is driving below the speed limit and is being approached from behind by a faster vehicle. There are exceptions to the law for people driving a vehicle:

• In the left lane in order to overtake another vehicle or prepare for a left hand turn
  • In a lane designed for high-occupancy vehicles
  • Engaged in construction, maintenance or repair of the highway
  • In the left lane when traffic conditions, weather, obstructions, hazards or directions of a police officer make it necessary
  • That is an authorized emergency vehicle in the course of his or her duties
  • Within the geographical limits of a city or town

The law basically won't apply to most of my driving as I rarely leave the Las Vegas/Henderson/North Las Vegas area. The times that I do travel in the left lane below the speed limit are usually traffic-, construction-, or weather-related anyway.

I don't know about Nevada, but in Michigan you're supposed to get into the opposite lane if possible when approaching an emergency vehicle in performance of its duties (police pulled someone over, tow truck hooking up a car, etc.) 

Does this mean that if someone pulls into the left lane to get around an accident site but then slows down to gawk, they can get ticketed for it?  (please-please-please!)  If so, this needs to be in place in every state.

I don't know about Nevada, but in Michigan you're supposed to get into the opposite lane if possible when approaching an emergency vehicle in performance of its duties (police pulled someone over, tow truck hooking up a car, etc.) 

Does this mean that if someone pulls into the left lane to get around an accident site but then slows down to gawk, they can get ticketed for it?  (please-please-please!)  If so, this needs to be in place in every state.

Oregon, and all other states I know, has law that mandate making room for emergency vehicles (police, fire, ambulance). It is sometimes even necessary to pull over and stop as an ambulance or fire truck zooms by (hopefully).  Impeding such vehicles, deliberately or otherwise, is a serious traffic violation pretty much everywhere. I don't want to be the guy whose mother dies because stupid drivers stranded her ambulance in a traffic jam.

Well duh! The poor are just some abstract concept beneath the dignity of the upper class. Rich people, on the other hand, have a direct kinship. "That could have been ME!!!!"

People tend to lash out at perceived threats. Defraud those with wealth and power at your peril. Not only will you be smacked down, it will be done loudly and publicly as an example to others who might be thinking that they can get away with it.

Just part and parcel of life.