In other news...

tkdguy

You don't.

Already there is talk of men using "sex bots" to play out rape fantasies. Which is abuse by any definition. And how is owning a sapient machine for sexual purposes different from owning a sex slave, a practice we justly despise?

My avocados are offended that you say this about them.

SO, any chance I can find a sapient robot who will love me for being me?

*Badger things about his experiences in the past with electronics in general*

"Hell, no"

You know with women I have historically awful luck.

With electronics and machinery, I have historically awful luck.

I wouldn't stand a chance would I?

You know with women I have historically awful luck.

With electronics and machinery, I have historically awful luck.

I wouldn't stand a chance would I?

You need to find a female cyborg.  That way, maybe your bad luck with women and your bad luck with machines will cancel each other out.

Either that, or you'll bring about the apocalypse. 

"Grandpa, what caused World War III?"

"Badger-borgs.  Trust me, kid, you don't want to know."

You need to find a female cyborg.  That way, maybe your bad luck with women and your bad luck with machines will cancel each other out.

Either that, or you'll bring about the apocalypse. 

"Grandpa, what caused World War III?"

"Badger-borgs.  Trust me, kid, you don't want to know."

Uhh, well

If it rids the world of mankind, I guess it couldn't all bad?.....maybe?.  :fear: 

How is Terry Jones' health these days? Last I heard he was very sick, to the point that he had stopped making public appearances and giving interviews.

I still can;t believe it's been almost fifty years since "the lads" started performing and writing together.

Former President George H.W. Bush (not to be confused with his more infamous son) performed a significant gesture recently when he shaved his head to show moral support for a sick child. Two-year-old Patrick, son of a member of his Secret Service detail, has leukemia and lost his hair from chemotherapy. The 41st President has his head shaved, and the entire detail followed suit.

George H.W. Bush has a complicated legacy. He has the distinction of being the last American President to run for re-election and lose. Every President since has served out their eight years regardless of whatever controversies and scandals they were involved in.

That should change with the present incumbant

That depends on who the incumbent is. Trump is pretty hale at this point but I put even odds on him having a serious medical condition before his term is up. Then Pence gets his chance in the Batters Box. If that happens, the Democrats will have to run on a different platform than "Our Guy isn't Trump."

It's a mess.

That depends on who the incumbent is. Trump is pretty hale at this point but I put even odds on him having a serious medical condition before his term is up.

He's already exhibiting symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer's.  There is serious discussion of whether untreated syphilis might be the underlying cause, though age alone could explain everything we see.

Though it is far from clear at this point who the Democratic candidate will be.

Just as well since they'd just become an early target for the character assassination squads.

I really hope Trump does not die in office.  Can you imagine the conspiracy theories that would pop up? There'd be no escaping them, no matter how thoroughly his last moments were documented.  It'd be "That was no heart attack, that was poison!" day in and day out. No. Thank. You.

That depends on who the incumbent is. Trump is pretty hale at this point but I put even odds on him having a serious medical condition before his term is up. Then Pence gets his chance in the Batters Box. If that happens, the Democrats will have to run on a different platform than "Our Guy isn't Trump."

He's already exhibiting symptoms of dementia or Alzheimer's.  There is serious discussion of whether untreated syphilis might be the underlying cause, though age alone could explain everything we see.

Politics aside, I would not wish Alzheimer's or Dementia on anyone, no matter how much I loathed what they stood for, I can take some relatively guilt-free Schadenfreude when they get into a mess of their own making, but not when they get brain tumors or become demented. And that is an important distinction, There is a difference between having your policies ruined and real, agonizing physical pain and suffering. That and "You know what would be really great? If they were dead!" is where I draw the line. And that is very important to me.