In other news...

tkdguy

I think I damaged my nose and lungs during it, but that is more because at work they've been moving things around, and today was the day the evidently decided to go crazy on cleaning the mold that was found why doing that.  THe odor of all manner of cleaning chemical permeated the building.  :no: 

That Ark exhibit was built in the wrong place.

Also, I wonder how much more of the ice cap has to melt before we see significant changes in the coastlines of the US. Imagine flood waters in Houston that don't recede. (Have the floods from harvey even begun to recede?)

Anyway, hoping all the Heroes in that area are OK and safe.

The main cause of the current flooding isn't the water that fell in Houston but the water that fell north of Houston an in central Texas. Most of the major rivers in the US hit the sea on the Gulf Coast so that 20 inches that fell in College Station will hit Houston 2 days later. Houston also has a problem because too much of the city is paved(no zoning laws are in effect in the city) so the city is extremely prone to swift flash floods as all that water flows over asphalt and concrete instead of being absorbed by the soil.

Meanwhile in India...

PANCHKULA:  Just as feared, large clashes, arson and violence erupted in the town of Panchkula in Haryana immediately after spiritual guru Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh was convicted of raping two women followers. 28 people are reported dead and 250 injured in the violence in Panchkula; the violence quickly spread to other cities including Delhi. Ram Rahim will be sentenced on Monday and was flown out of Panchkula in a government helicopter, reportedly to a makeshift jail in Rohtak. By 5 pm, the army was called in to help regain control with 600 soldiers being deployed in Panchkula, which is on the outskirts of Chandigarh. Before that, the police fired in the air, and used tear gas and water cannons to try and disperse mobs of Ram Rahim supporters, but was easily outnumbered near the courthouse which declared him guilty. More than a lakh of Ram Rahim's followers had congregated in Panchkula for the verdict, creating a precarious situation. 

What bothers me is the sort of man they are defending (although I revere Joseph Smith as a Prophet of God, so I really have no cause to judge).. India is just now beginning to wake up to what a serious matter rape is, and this isn't helping. India is still a nation in cultural flux, and it is the Indians themselves and nobody else who will determine the direction it takes. Every nation has that right.