In other news...

tkdguy

Much as I like Radiohead and RATM I think about half the other acts on the ballot are more worthy of being included before them.

Really impressed to see Sister Rosetta Tharpe on there.  Hopefully just the inclusion triggers a wave of 'who?' and google searchs for her music because she's incredible.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xzr_GBa8qk

Just listen to that guitar (and solo at 1:30) and realize that this was a hit for her back in the 40s (though that recording looks like it was probably in the 60s in the last decade of her life).

The Catalans aren't defending slavery. The South Carolina secession document was a gem.

FWIW, the current Spanish state has strong elements of continuity with Franco's regime.

Seems to me the European Union is supported several provinces breaking off from other countries outside of their Union

I actually put him on the same or lower rung. He has an audience for some damned reason.

Well, I put him on a "higher rung" solely because he does a small audience.  (which peaked in the 80s, and probably has to be nearly gone by now)

Note: In any case, when he ran for President in 1988, he struck me (a 12 year old) as one of those guys who are probably sleazy in actuality that hides behind Christianity for his own benefit, think Bakker/Swaggart  (course I can think of some like them in church congregations I have or still do attend)

Well, I put him on a "higher rung" solely because he does a small audience. (which peaked in the 80s, and probably has to be nearly gone by now)

Note: In any case, when he ran for President in 1988, he struck me (a 12 year old) as one of those guys who are probably sleazy in actuality that hides behind Christianity for his own benefit, think Bakker/Swaggart (course I can think of some like them in church congregations I have or still do attend)

I had respect for Billy Graham although I did not follow him. The rest of them I figure they're all bad.

Robertson may have a small audience but they listen to him. And they vote. In every single election. A small audience with a 100% vote rate beats a large audience with a 30% vote rate.

While true, we have nutty little cliques like that on both sides.