In other news...

tkdguy

Opens CCleaner. Checks version. 5.23.5808 (64-bit). Phew!

The article did clue me in that Avast acquired Piriform. Not sure how I feel about that. I am certain that I am going to have to consider upgrading to the latest version very carefully, not only because of the issues with 5.33 but also because Avast AV and I never got along. 

Anybody know of a good alternative?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/09/13/martin-shkreli-apologizes-for-facebook-post-about-hillary-clinton/?utm_term=.15a6b9fe9efb

I wish him a memorable stay. I hope he really gets to know some ordinary, non rich people. Especially ones with AIDS. He might learn they are real human beings and not just things for him. To. Exploit.

Well, all I know is that my cats really didn't appreciate the zen garden at all.

Well, when our late cat, became pretty much a housecat, in his older years, we tried 2 litter boxes so as not to have to empty as often, strangely he didn't use them the same way we expected.  Instead of using one then the other. He used one for pooping and one for peeing.   (which inevitably defeated our intended purpose to a large extent)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2017/09/13/martin-shkreli-apologizes-for-facebook-post-about-hillary-clinton/?utm_term=.15a6b9fe9efb

I wish him a memorable stay. I hope he really gets to know some ordinary, non rich people. Especially ones with AIDS. He might learn they are real human beings and not just things for him. To. Exploit.

I doubt it. The guy is pretty clearly a sociopath. I doubt his empathy is very well developed at all. 

I'm reminded of a comedian who said, "I saw a guy park in a handicapped space, he got out of his car and was perfectly fine.  I figured I'd make an honest man out of him... so I ran him over."  After the laughter died down, he added, "Then his 90 year-old grandmother got out of the car and started beating me over the head with her cane."

I'm also reminded of my brother, who got a ticket for parking in a handicapped space at the mall.  He was incredibly upset, telling our mom, "I limped all the way in and all around the mall!"  Mind you, he wasn't hurt at all, he just figured that faking a limp should be good enough to qualify for handicapped parking.

I am always reminded of Joe Piscopoe's (whatever happened to him?) "Vermin" character from Johny Dangerously"     "I am disabled.  I'm Psychotic!"

Power has been knocked out in the entirety of Puerto Rico. The infrastructure may "never be the same" (and I don't know if it was that great to begin with).

maybe they will take the opportunity to install a more distributed renewable energy network?

SOrry, sorry, I will try to be serious.  :-(

You are forgetting that Spain fought the Basque separatists for decades. I can understand the Spanish government not wanting to put up with the Catalans pulling the same thing. The Basques are on the Atlantic side and are also in France as well. The Catalans are also one of those people who live on both sides of the border of France and Spain and they are on the Med side.