In other news...

tkdguy

To be fair, the truck attack in Nice killed 86. So just poofing away all the guns wouldn't necessarily stop this.

To be fair, a truck attack in Las Vegas for the same venue would have to clear a reinforced block wall and multiple chain link fences. Not to mention, Strip traffic probably wouldn't have allowed enough speed for ramming. Much of the Las Vegas Strip has been hardened for truck attacks, and there are several properties where walkways are not even at ground level.

As far as "poofing away all the guns", at this point, I'd be happy with extended funding for mental health, and background checks for all gun purchases.

Absurd observation of the day: When verifying this on Google Street View, I noticed that the Luxor's sphinx has its face obscured for privacy.

Already?!?!?!?

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/watch-pat-robertson-blames-vegas-shooting-on-disrespect-for-trump-and-the-national-anthem/

Funny how it's always ''too soon'' to discuss gun control after a massacre, but never too soon to blame liberals, Democrats, gays, etc.

Pat Robertson's relevancy ran out around 1988.  No offense intended, but he is only considered about 2 rungs above Westboro at this point, for 95% of America.

RE: Vegas Shooting

This is heartbreaking news. My thoughts go out to the injured victims and the families of the slain victims.

This wasn't just some impulsive murder spree. The perp took time, planned and orchestrated his attack with surgical precision. That's not crazy. That's evil. I was reading a CNN article that he was a pilot and had ammonium nitrate in his vehicle. Thankfully it did not cross his mind to use either of those two (or both of those) in his attack. The results may have been even worse.

Just a horrible and sad event. 

wouldn't have helped this time around. No criminal record, no sign of madness (before the murder spree)

Maybe since it is being said that the guns he held were held illegally, America will make an attempt to police the laws it has managed to pass on gun control.

I think it more likely they will continue to pay the price of monthly gun shooting rather than damage gun trade.

Maybe since it is being said that the guns he held were held illegally, America will make an attempt to police the laws it has managed to pass on gun control.

I think it more likely they will continue to pay the price of monthly gun shooting rather than damage gun trade.

Citation on the guns being illegal? CNN says they were bought legally. They say one may have been modified to full auto. That's about all I've seen on the legality/sourcing of the weapons. This guy was a millionaire with a clean criminal record. He didn't have to go to the black market to sources his weapons.

Anyway, it's far too early to start trying to parse this one. They're still gathering info and releasing it in small bits that often conflict with earlier reports.

Anyone else wonder what laws and acts that affect most people directly will be passed without a word from. The media while everyone's distracted by the atrocity of the week in las vegas?

Well, this for one....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-gay-sex-death-penalty-un-same-sex-relations-human-rights-council-saudi-arabia-iraq-nikki-haley-a7980981.html

Well, in other news even tho next to nothing is known about the vegas shooter a fox news guest has determined who's really to blame.

https://thinkprogress.org/fox-news-cnn-mass-shootings-1ad50b45ba2c/

Fox news cast on the show did not criticize this statement.

Did you mean this guy?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/fox-friends-las-vegas-shooting_us_59d37e17e4b065578155646a