Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Aw, is Wanda whining that mind raping an entire town for weeks made her the bad guy?  Who could have thunk it.

It really seems like those hundreds of people could have been better sports about being brutalized by her as she lived out her childhood fantasies of an I Love Lucy life with them as extras who only mattered when they were "on screen"

Seriously, how selfish were they?

Regarding Doctor Strange, I always love a villian who has a point, and last time we saw Mordo he had decided that Wizards were causing way too much trouble with all the constant mucking with reality & he needed to de-power them.  Given the events of that movie, it didn't seem like the most obvious thing to take away from Strange saving the universe from Dormommu. 

Now that we had the events of No Way Home & the multiversal shenanigans in this movie are apparently Doctor Strange's fault... well, I'm suddenly way more intrigued with Mordo as a bad guy.

Some are upset that Strange isn't the Sorcerer Supreme but I can't see how he would be.  This isn't Skyrim where you become the Arch Mage by doing a quest.  The length of time he was studying under the Ancient One wasn't that long; there's no way to really know for sure but it felt like maybe a couple months?  I could see him eventually being the Sorcerer Supreme but not yet.

I'm not sure he was ever Sorcerer Supreme.  The Ancient One didn't hand it off or anything.  She actually told him he and Mordo would need each other to face the trials ahead, implying she didn't think either one was up to the challenge on their own.

It is a Title so associated with Strange in the comics I think everyone is just assuming he has it in the MCU.  Not that it really matters, Unlike Mystic Masters there isn't any indication that the title comes with a big Variable Power Pool or anything.  It appears to just be a title.

In the comics the office of Sorcerer Supreme has varied in its attributes over the duration of Doctor Strange's character. His earliest adventures were as the Ancient One's apprentice, and when the A.O. ascended to become one with the universe, he bestowed his S.S. power on Strange. Later on it simply became the title of the world's acknowledged most skilled sorcerer and defender of Earth's dimension.

7 hours ago, Logan.1179 said:

274076229_2104439446398056_4001127719499

And hated each other at the time to the extent that when Art performed the song live the first time he did not give Paul credit for the song.

8 minutes ago, Dr. MID-Nite said:

Regarding Wanda, I think she's upset because Strange has (or will) muck with reality as bad or worse than she has and not be regarded badly (or as badly). This will of course seem hypocritical to her (especially in her current mental state).

It's ok, Strange is using Peter as a scapegoat, so isn't his fault (at least, it seemed like the problem was the same as we were seeing in No Way Home)