Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Pariah said:

Heh. I'm old enough to remember upgrading our Netflix subscription so that we could have up to three DVDs out at a time.

Netflix was a DVD only company when I was in grad school. One of my classes was Business Librarianship, and in that class we had to pick and follow five stocks. Netflix was my primary, because even then I knew it was going to be big. It far exceeded my expectations, and I always bemoan the fact that I had no actual money to invest with at that time. 

• 2 weeks later...

It also looks like she has more powers than stretching and size-changing.

I'm not a huge fan of the character. But I'm not a fan of changing the power set of existing characters just because of changing formats from comics to the TV.

Does look like it could potentially be fun (as long as she leaves behind her "normal life" friends and the show focuses on her hero's journey).

On 3/15/2022 at 1:29 PM, GM Joe said:

Hm. Looks like they decided to make this version use a focus, instead of having inherent powers?

It'll be cheaper to cgi. I really think they should have plunked down the cash to "Reed Richards" her, seeing as they want her for the next generation of heroes.

Morbius is not being reviewed a lot yet but what I have seen is not positive.  One guy loved the 4 episodes of Moon Knight -- might be best ever Marvel product -- but he said Morbius has great acting but horrible writing and directing, like 5 out of 10 level.  I think Sony is just slamming this stuff out for a cash grab: Venom made money, where's another villain we can make a hero movie about??

3 hours ago, Grailknight said:

Venom is a villain even it it's best portrays. Moribus is a guy who had bad luck.

What they should have done was adapted some of the stuff, I think in 90s, when Morbius was teaming up with Blade to hunt Vampires. IIRC, Black Cat or Silver Sable was with them.