Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Saw GotG3 last night.  It vastly exceeded my expectations.  But to be fair I had no expectations, having studiously avoided all trailers and having no idea what they could even do with another GotG movie.  It did beat the hell out of Love & Thunder.  It was weird like all GotGs, but it hit me in the feels a couple of times.  Movie is 2.5 hours long so bring an extra bladder.  One mid-credits scene and one post-credits scene.

On 5/7/2023 at 5:11 PM, Old Man said:

Saw GotG3 last night.  It vastly exceeded my expectations.  But to be fair I had no expectations, having studiously avoided all trailers and having no idea what they could even do with another GotG movie.  It did beat the hell out of Love & Thunder.  It was weird like all GotGs, but it hit me in the feels a couple of times.  Movie is 2.5 hours long so bring an extra bladder.  One mid-credits scene and one post-credits scene.

Agreed with this and reiterate how much it blew LaT out of the water. I think these 2 movies show the difference in Gunn and Waititi: One knows there are points in the movie that should not have frat humor involved and the other doesn't. Reminds me of a quote about Mike Meyers - "he will beat a joke to death then keep hitting it in the chest till it revives".

Only con I had was not a fan of their Adam Warlock, but, given what they did he can grow into that man we know. The stuff in the beginning with Quill and Gamora was painful to watch, but actually it needed to be and pays off later

Spoiler

the scene at the end with the big hug off and Gamora walking away says a lot without saying anything.

Since I didn't read a lot on high evolutionary, his temper tantrums were a little over the top, but then, he probably isn't used to being thwarted.

Loved the mid credits scene and the after credits was interesting.

Oh, and Cosmo is a GOOD DOG.