Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

James Cameron tiring of the Marvel Universe from Indiewire.

I'm hoping we'll start getting 'Avenger' fatigue here pretty soon.  Not that I don't love the movies.  It's just, come on guys, there are other stories to tell besides hyper-gonadal males without families doing death-defying things for two hours and wrecking cities in the process.  It's like, oy!

This from a person who has planned many sequels to Avatar... 

edit: 

At Long Last, Those Four Avatar Sequels Have Release Dates

We’re going back to planet Pandora, whether we want to or not.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/avatar-sequels-james-cameron-release-dates

3 hours ago, Bazza said:

This from a person who has planned many sequels to Avatar... 

edit: 

At Long Last, Those Four Avatar Sequels Have Release Dates

We’re going back to planet Pandora, whether we want to or not.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/avatar-sequels-james-cameron-release-dates

And more Terminators, if I'm not mistaken.  It's hilarious to hear that guy talk about "other stories to tell".  Just shut up, James.

16 hours ago, Armory said:

And more Terminators, if I'm not mistaken.  It's hilarious to hear that guy talk about "other stories to tell".  Just shut up, James.

I can honestly say, even as a nerd, I'm not sure how many more superhero movies I'm going to see.  I'm starting to suffer from a bit of burnout.  I'm excited about Infinity War and everything, and want to see Ant Man and the Wasp, but I don't think I've got too many new franchises left in me.  I'm gonna pass on Venom, haven't seen most of the DC movies, haven't seen the last few Wolverine/X-Men movies, didn't see the new FF, and I really don't care about Captain Marvel or the inevitable Spider-Man and Black Panther sequels.

This criticism isn't limited to superheroes, of course.  I've missed the last few Alien and Terminator movies, and I'm not on board with more Avatar movies either.  Last Jedi cured me of my love of Star Wars.  Huge budget sci-fi action just gets overwhelming after a while.  I need a break.