Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

Okay, that scene makes sense when you consider the powers that Ronan's Cosmi-Rod is supposed to have, which includes matter manipulation. One can imagine that if the rod is capable of manipulating matter, it can adapt itself to carry something like an Infinity stone.

Mjolnir has no such powers. The Power Stone would have to, in effect, alter Mjolnir all on its own in order to merge with it. I think Mjolnir has withstood greater stresses to its structural integrity than that before, but it has also been shattered once before. I guess it could go either way, depending on where the writer wanted to take the narrative.

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that scene makes sense when you consider the powers that Ronan's Cosmi-Rod is supposed to have, which includes matter manipulation. One can imagine that if the rod is capable of manipulating matter, it can adapt itself to carry something like an Infinity stone.

Mjolnir has no such powers. The Power Stone would have to, in effect, alter Mjolnir all on its own in order to merge with it. I think Mjolnir has withstood greater stresses to its structural integrity than that before, but it has also been shattered once before. I guess it could go either way, depending on where the writer wanted to take the narrative.

Mjolnir can have whatever powers and capacities the MCU writers decide it has. It's hard to come up with a single rationale for what it's already been shown to do: fly to Thor when he wills it, control the atmospheric forces, sheath Thor in his armor. Heck, in the comics it's warped space and time, detected/ tracked/ absorbed and even drained away different forms of energy.

Mjolnir can have whatever powers and capacities the MCU writers decide it has. It's hard to come up with a single rationale for what it's already been shown to do: fly to Thor when he wills it, control the atmospheric forces, sheath Thor in his armor. Heck, in the comics it's warped space and time, detected/ tracked/ absorbed and even drained away different forms of energy.

Point taken.

I think this is a general problem with fantastical storytelling with no rules per se. When powerful characters and powerful artifacts are given whatever capabilities the writer wants/needs them to have, with little regard to internal consistency, everything tends to feel like deus ex machina. That may have worked okay for the ancient Greeks, but it plays less well with modern audiences, I think.

Jeph Loeb On Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. & Netflix Crossover: ‘Stay Tuned’
http://screenrant.com/agents-shield-marvel-netflix-crossover-jeph-loeb/

Loeb:

"Fair question. The answer is: Stay tuned.”

I get in trouble every single time I say this, which is #ItsAllConnected. But trust me when I say #ItsAllConnected and that’s about all I can say on it at this time.

One of the things that’s a challenge and it’s unlike the movie studio because the movie studio is making all of the movies for one place and that’s the theaters. The theater owners don’t get to say well we don’t want Spider-Man to be in Captain America — in that particular case Sony and Marvel had to work that out so that could happen. But in the case of what we do, we have networks to consider and that’s a conversation [for] ABC and Netflix — and now we have shows at Hulu and Freeform and FX [as well]. So it just becomes a question of once it starts, what have we unleashed? But it’s certainly a topic of conversation.

That makes even less sense.

1) What possible information did Captain America have access to and time to examine about Iron Man's parents which Iron Man himself would not have gotten access to?

2) Why would keeping the fact that Hydra killed his parents possibly give Iron Man any "peace" as he gives as an excuse?

By throwing the guy she already had the explosion under control with at the only skyscraper in Lagos? That was her only option?

The bomb had already exploded and she was using her powers to contain the blast and she was straining to do so. There were too many people in the market, so she attempted to lift the explosion with her TK high enough to release it, but her TK barrier collapsed too early and it was still next to the skyscraper.

She didnt throw it. She raised it, but the bubble couldnt contain the blast any longer.

Not sure if Legion is, IIRC that is a spinoff from X-Men.

Will have to recheck later.

Actually it is both, sort-of. 

Landgraf stated, in January 2016, that the series would be set in a universe parallel to the X-Men films where "the US government is in the early days of being aware that something called mutants exist but the public is not". Therefore, he felt it was unlikely that characters would cross over between the show and films, though said that this could change between then and the premiere of the series.[13] That July, an article on Marvel.com referred to Legion as one of several characters joining the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), suggesting that Legion would be set in that shared universe like Marvel Television's other series.[21] The next month, Singer said that the series had actually been designed to fit into the X-Men universe, but also to stand alone, saying that "you wouldn't have to label" the relationship between the series and the films. He revealed plans to have the series "relate to future X-Men movies".[22]

FX'S LEGION ANTICIPATED TO DEBUT IN 2016; SERIES NOT SET IN X-MEN FILM UNIVERSE

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/fxs-legion-anticipated-for-2016-tv-season

X-Men's Legion Seemingly Confirmed As Part Of Marvel Cinematic Universe

http://comicbook.com/marvel/2016/07/31/x-mens-legion-seemingly-confirmed-as-part-of-marvel-cinematic-un/

Bryan Singer, Peter Rice Talk FX's 'Legion,' Start of 'X-Men' Movie Franchise

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/fxs-legion-anticipated-for-2016-tv-season