Badger

It's time for Christmas.....

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2015 at 3:28 AM, Pattern Ghost said:

I predict that in ten years, the Christmas stuff will be going up right after 4th of July weekend.

Interesting, apparently the Hallmark Channel not satisfied with the Halloween to New Years, all-Christmas all the time schedule, has decided mid-July is the new start of Christmas scheduling.

Guess, I'll have to go somewhere for an "I Love Lucy" fix.

Note:  Does this mean Badger loves Lucy, and hates Christmas?

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Wait--men don't suck?

Re: Lifetime, I hated the hypocrisy.  I remember seeing ads for a series of movies where the men cheated on their wives or girlfriends, all of which (rightfully) vilified the men who cheated.

And then there was a Lifetime movie where the woman cheated on her husband, and the title was something like, "Driven into Another's Arms."  Sooooo... if a man does it it's wrong, but if a woman does it's understandable?  WTF?!

I suppose I should be happy that my wife doesn't watch scads of Lifetime movies any more.  Now, it's real-life crime stories, usually where the killer offs his / her spouse.  Hmmm... wonder if there's some subtext here I'm missing...

14 hours ago, Badger said:

Interesting, apparently the Hallmark Channel not satisfied with the Halloween to New Years, all-Christmas all the time schedule, has decided mid-July is the new start of Christmas scheduling.

f56.gif

13 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

It could be worse.  It could be Lifetime Channel's perpetual "Men Suck Marathon."

And I know some who will say "Cant you just go to any feminist rally of late for that?"

1 hour ago, Ternaugh said:

Miracle on 34th Street was originally released on May 2, 1947. You know, to beat the Christmas rush.

Yeah, well doesn't make it right.

Hmm, May 2, 1984, my 8 year old self fell on a piece of glass shard in the woods (somebody evidently decided to discard) causing 8 stitches in my leg.

That day is cursed.

Note: I did look it up, and it is supposed to be from July 13 to July 28.  

So, on Sunday we can make the Hallmark Channel great again....or whatever (to be honest I just watch I Love Lucy reruns before I go to bed on there, it relaxes me)

16 hours ago, Old Man said:

Wait--men don't suck?

I prefer equal opportunity misanthropy. Everybody sucks. It avoids hypocrisy and keeps things consistent. 😈