Batgirl by any other name...

zslane

Call her Oracle.  That's what I thought Barbara Gordon should have become if she ever regained the use of her.legs--make the Oracle face into a mask, and build a costume around that.  Certainly something other than seemingly becoming a teenager again and taking selfies of herself on the subway.

Pardon me for venting--I probably didn't help.

Certainly something other than seemingly becoming a teenager again and taking selfies of herself on the subway.

I actually like Batgirl of Burnside if taken on its own. And I understand the demographic they're trying to appeal to. But yeah, in terms of the character's overall continuity, it makes no goddamn sense at all. Tho now that I think about it, I'm not sure Babs was ever Oracle in the New 52 continuity?

By a strange coincidence I was working on one of my "Batgirl" like heroines.

Raven

Val Char Cost

15 STR 5

20 DEX 30

18 CON 16

11 BODY 2

18 INT 8

14 EGO 8

20 PRE 10

18 COM 4

7 PD 4

7 ED 3

4 SPD 10

7 REC 0

36 END 0

28 STUN 0

Total Characteristics Cost: 100 Points

Cost Skills

3 Acrobatics 13-

3 Breakfall 13-

6 Combat Luck +3 rPD +3 rED

3 Contortionist 13-

3 Criminology 13-

3 Deduction 13-

3 Forensic Medicine 13-

3 FB: Federal Police Powers

1 FB: Medical License

3 Lockpicking 13-

4 Martial Block

4 Martial Dodge

4 Martial Strike

3 Martial Throw

5 Money: Well Off

3 Navigation [Air & Ground] 13-

5 Offensive Strike

3 Paramedic 13-

2 Rep: Crime Fighter 11-

2 SS: Medicine 11-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 13-

Total Skills Cost: 75 Points

Cost Powers

12 Armor +5 rPD +5 rED, OIHID (-1/4)

33 Multipower (50 Points) Gestures (-1/4), OIHID (-1/4)

2 u) Darkness [sight] AE 3"r, [12c/Duration 1 Turn] (+1/4)

2 u) EB 6d6, Invisible [Hearing] (+1/4), STUN Only (-0), [16c] (-0)

3 u) EB 4d6, NND [LS: Self Contained] (+1), [16c] (-0)

3 u) Entangle 4d6 DEF 4, [16c] (-0)

1 u) Flight 10"

1 u) Flight 8", Megascale [1km] (+1/4)

1 u) Gliding 10"

2 u) Growth: Length 2", Width 1", Mass 800kg, BODY/STUN +3, DCV -2, PER +2, Reach +1", STR +15, KNB -3", No END Persistent (+1)

1 u) Running +5", 8x NCM

1 u) Stretching 4", No END (+1/2), Always Direct (-1/4), Limited Body Parts (-1/4), No Noncombat (-1/4)

1 u) Swinging 10"

5 ES: Radio Perception/Transmit, OAF: Radio (-1)

4 ES: UV Sight, OIHID (-1/4)

1 LS: Longevity [200 Years]

2 Running +1"

Total Powers Cost: 75 Points

Total Cost: 250 Points

150+ Disadvantages

10 Hunted: Crime Doctor (As Powerful) 8-

10 Hunted: Crisis Response Intelligence Security & Investigation Service [CRISIS] (More Powerful/NCI/Watch) 8-

10 Hunted: Fifth Column (As Powerful) 8-

20 Normal Characteristics Maxima

20 PsyL: Code Versus Killing (Common/Total)

20 PsyL: Protective Of Innocents (Very Common/Strong)

10 PsyL: Vengeful (Uncommon/Strong)

Total Disadvantages Cost: 250 Points

Origin:  Dr. Katherine Courtney Clark, M.D., Ph.D., was one of a pair of twins who parents were murdered when she was 15 years old.  A genius Katherine went to college at an earlier age and by 25 was a doctor in both criminology and medicine, with a reputation as a world class investigator.  When her twin brother Stephen became the crime fighter Nighthawk she joined him as his partner the Raven.  She is currently married to Bradley Taylor, billionaire industrialist and former U.S. President who was the superhero Ultraman.  They have two children, John and Courtney, who are the superhero and heroine Stalwart and Victory.  She was retired for a decade but became active again to save her daughter in law, who she doesn't really care for.  

Appearance:  Katherine is 5'10", 140 lbs, with Black Hair and Blue Eyes.  Her costume is an all black mask, cape, gloves, bodysuit, and boots.  She has been active since the 1940s but appears to be in her late 30s.

Powers:  Raven is a well trained investigator and martial artist backed by smoke bombs, sleep gas capsules, bolas, and silenced throwing wings.  Her costume is biometrical keyed to her physiology and can not be removed.  Her growth, flight, and running are her flying car which serves as her mode of transportation.

Notes:  Katherine doesn't have a secret identity because her friends and family are aware that she's a crime fighter.  The Crime Doctor is a criminal mastermind who runs a gang committing medical themed crimes.  CRISIS is the U.S. Government Agency responsible for battling super villains which has granted her federal police powers.  The Fifth Column in an international crime and espionage organization is a constant threat to law and order.

There was a 1960s Mexican Movie called Batwoman that had no relationship with DC Comics.  She was an heiress by day and a crime fighter/wrestler by night.

You mean this one?  Been a while since I've seen it, but it wasn't Mexican, and there was no wrestling that I remember.  Just disappointing dialogue, acting, and--well, everything else.  :no: