A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Most of the following conversation takes place in my head.

"So let's look at your application even though the declaw comment from earlier probably means no."

"Hmm, 'They Died' is what happened to her last pets..."

"So I see that your past pets died, can I get some details."

Reply was actually semi-ok up to the supreme WTF moment.

"And then one of the birds died, so I had to let the other one go free." :eek:

I so want to Adoption Nazi. "NO CAT FOR YOU!"

Too bad I'm supposed to be professional.

The Astrophysical Journal

Volume 666, Number 1

(...)

Shredded Galaxies as the Source of Diffuse Intrahalo Light on Varying Scales

(...)

Page 20 [ http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/resolve?ApJ71539 ]

Yeah, I guess "shredded galaxies" would be something appropriate for volume 666 of the Astrophysical Journal.

Who says journal editors have no sense of humor.

My grandmother, a wonderful woman of 93 years of age roughly, fell this weekend and broke her shoulder, and banged her head. Fortunately, considering how bad it COULD have been, she's fine...relatively speaking. Soon, some tests will be done, and she'll be out of the hospital, but in physical rehab. When she gets out, the family may have to take care of her for another month, ie one of us might have to live with her for a time. We might take turns, which means, that in the next month and a half, I may end up going away for a week to live with her and care for her.

I'm not crazy about the idea, because I doubt my qualifications to be of much help... however, out of all my family, I may have the most time to do so. My parents can not afford the time off work, especially since they maybe covering a lot of her medical costs. There's no internet connection at her house, so that means I would be off the grid, so to speak. Things are very much in the air on this, but I thought I should let folks know now so that if I gave a sudden 'Gotta go, see you in a week' it wouldn't be too jarring.

If anyone has some good vibes, prayers, or well wishes to send my grandmother's way, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks.

Yesterday felt like Wednesday. Today feels like Thursday. Therefore, I proclaim tomorrow to be Friday and the day after that to be Saturday. Alls y'alls can take the day off. Tell 'em teh bunneh said it was OK. :king:

Bill.

(Saturday remains Saturday, and Sunday remains Sunday, and Monday is Labor Day, so everyone gets a 4-day weekend!) :celebrate

I was watching a travel show which showed the viewers through Althorp -- the Earl of Spencer's ancestral home. I noticed that "DIANA" contains the name "ANNA" and that made me start thinking about the name "Diana" and her.

My conclusion is that I reckon that Diana, Princess of Wales is the 'Mother of the British people'. In other words, she embodies the motherly aspect of the ancient feminine principle. Her "wild animals" are the recipients of her tireless charity work.

RIP, and God bless.