A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

You may laugh, but I'm enjoying an American meal upon return - McDonald's (fries and quarter pounder with cheese, by the way the Royal Mit Kase is completely gone now in Germany, no more quarter pounder), they serve Tillamook ice cream at the McDonald's here in Portland now so I had that for desert, and a Mountain Dew from the fountain (which I have now dubbed Fountain Dew!).

As to Fountain Dew, on a separate note, I have found it rather inconsistent in quality from the fountain. Once in a great while it has a perfumy taste, not good, but rarely happens. Often a common defect is that it is too sweet. Sometimes it's not flavorful enough, too fizzy watery. Apparently the Fountain Dew configuration is harder to do "just right" than other fountain sodas.

Not wanting to muck up today's B-Day thread I figured here was a better alternative.

Today is my Mom's birthday. It is also the 1 year anniversary of her death. She would've been 65 today. Or as she and her sisters were fond of saying, the 36th anniversary of her 29th birthday. :) I still miss her.

Recently picked up several boxes of Heroclix for DC's new Icons line. Four boxes, four copies of Blackfire, 3 copies of Aquaman, two broken minis. Never had this problem before, I think I will probably get another couple of boxes this weekend, and if I still have the same problem will just let Heroclix fall to the wayside.

On the plus side, this weekend marks me completing my first half-marathon.

Someone on the board I moderate has created a fake girlfriend, and posts as her.

They misspell the same words. In the same way. Their grammar is bad, and in the same way.

She "broke up" with him about 3, maybe 4 months ago, and came back onto the boards declaring what a mistake she'd made. The post is over-the-top with drama that's happened to her since she broke up with the guy, and how much she misses and loves him. None of the things that happened could've transpired in that time. The kicker? The VERY NEXT POST is his.

Puh-leeze. If you're going to create a fake identity online, don't be so bloody obvious about it.

Guest George Kirby

My son is home. My wife surrendered residential custody, and is willingly paying support. He's going to live with me from now on, and I am so glad of it.

As to my wife, I am shocked at her attitude toward all this. Its as if she's relieved she won't have to worry about our child's day to day needs anymore...

Barring disaster, we'll be owning our own small chunk of land soon. As it turns out our employer had an extra lot in town that they were willing to sell at this time. Lucky that Jenn was talking about our inability to find one to the right person. :celebrate

The construction of Lemming Manor shall begin soon!

Why is that when you check who's on line here, there are scads of Yahoo Slurp Spiders, but approximately zero sniffers from other places? Does Yahoo have better taste than the others, or do they simply use a technique that the board engine tracks more effectively?