A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

Rock the Vote! :rockon:

Please come by and cast your votes in the Sabotage Superdraft finale. I promise you, you've never seen a draft like this one! Even if you weren't directly involved, everyone is invited to cast votes.

As always, the draft itself is open to everyone to participate, and another will start in August.

Thanks!

I and several co-workers got talking about weird foods we've eaten, when 1 woman turns to me and asks, "Have you ever eaten beaver?"

How do you answer that?

What made it funnier. A twenty something had no clue why the rest of us were laughing so hard.

This morning, my beloved, in a fit of sleepiness, accidentally cooked an entire pound of bacon, instead of the usual half-pound, to go with our breakfast. As I normally do in such "dire" circumstances, I made a quip along the lines of "I guess we'll just have to eat it all, then. That's OK... I'll take that bullet for you."

And the moment I said it, I realized that in light of the events in Aurora, where 4 men literally took a bullet to save their loved ones, that particular quip just isn't funny anymore.

Yesterday, I brought a tea bag to work. I couldn't find a container for milk, but I knew there was some Coffee Mate in the staff room. Not ideal but doable, or so I thought. After I poured some of the cream in my tea, I thought it looked off. Sure enough, it was chocolate flavored. Chocolate tea does not taste good at all.

Then again, I'm the guy who once put sugar in my pizza.