A Thread for Random Musings

Old Man

Re: A Thread for Random Musings

The Chopin Prelude that Bazza posted sure takes me back to my youth. I had just discovered classical music, and I enjoyed it a lot more than contemporary music. Chopin is one of my favorite composers. Listening to the piece gave me flashbacks.

I guess I'm just getting sentimental in my old age.

I just discovered the joy of AirPlay mirroring using my iPhone 4S and Apple TV (should also work on 2nd gen iPad and 3rd gen iPad). Who needs a smart tv when I can play Angry Birds on my TV, use Google Earth, read a book or newspaper or magazine, use FaceTime, write an email, play with Siri, use Solar Walk to "walk through" the transit of Venus, and a lot of other apps as well. My tv just got interactive.

On the down-side, the tonwhome we're living in has mold, and the landlord is being half-assed about dealing with it. On the plus side, not wanting the be sued if my wife* collapses from an asthma attack, he has "generously" released us from our lease, so we are free to move. If all goes well, we'll be moving here (1 bedroom 1 bath units) before the month is over.

* We've had a spiritual hand-fasting, but are not legally married. Yet.

A vital distinction:

Pedestrians who jaywalk are persons in traffic.

Criminals who profit by enslaving the vulnerable are trafficking in persons.

One individual can be both, but they should never be confused.

Lucius Alexander

Trafficking in palindromedaries

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/jun/07/beatles-museum-hamburg?newsfeed=true

Please? Please? Meh: Beatles museum closes owing to lack of interest

Beatlemania in Hamburg has only attracted 150,000 visitors since opening in 2009

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

JG

The sun rose blood-red this morning, tinted by the pall of heavy smoke drifting down from the mountains. 36,000 acres burned since Saturday morning, and the fire remains 0% contained. The weather has been so hot and so dry and so windy lately and there's little chance of reprieve any time soon.