Funny Pics II: The Revenge

9 hours ago, Ragitsu said:

stereotypes_europe2.jpg

That is really inflammatory. If you had put Scotland down as generous or sober, it would have been as bad.

You could switch out humorous for the Swedish.

Our cooking has improved

As for driving beware the French in Nice and going around the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, and the Italians in Rome.

4 hours ago, archer said:

Turning off the car engine to save gas while coasting down mountains....

4 hours ago, tkdguy said:

Hey, gas is expensive in Europe.

Gas is Petrol in Europe. When we say gas we mean Chlorine, Oxygen, Nitrogen etc

15 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Gas is Petrol in Europe. 

FYI, when we speak of the fuel used in gasoline-burning cars, we call it "gas".

When I write for a primarily American audience, I attempt to use their terminology. When I write for a primarily European audience, I attempt to use the terminology which is more familiar to them.

49 minutes ago, death tribble said:

And I will always take the opportunity to bludgeon the American audience for their spelling mistakes and the fact they use the wrong words for things.

Then it's quite laughable that you would use "petrol" as your supposed correct term and "gas" for your supposed incorrect term.

Petrol is a shortened form of the word "petroleum", which is something which automobiles don't use for fuel.

Gas is a shortened form of the word "gasoline", which is something which many automobiles actually use for fuel.

So if you, in your infinite wisdom, would explain to us why that "petrol" is the correct term for automobile fuel, I'm sure we would all just be absolutely fascinated.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

And I will always take the opportunity to bludgeon the American audience for their spelling mistakes and the fact they use the wrong words for things.

It's an aubergine not an eggplant for example. Also watching a series on Auschwitz means gas is deadly

English lit major:) | Grammar, Teacher humor, Words