Funny Pics II: The Revenge

I quit using UPS because they wouldn't attempt to deliver in a timely manner to my suburban home. My home is apparently the last delivery of the day on the route they use.

The last time I tried using them, I literally sat in a chair under the doorbell button for five hours on a Friday afternoon. I checked my computer every fifteen minutes for most of that time to see if the delivery status had changed but as it came down to the last hour of their delivery day, I started checking every five minutes.

A few minutes before their delivery hours ended, the status on my package changed to show that the delivery man had just been there a couple of minutes before, no one answered the door, so the package was undeliverable on that day. With me literally sitting on my front step under the doorbell the whole time.

I really needed that package right then. The only reason I bought that item was that I needed it Friday night so I'd be ready to use it first thing on Saturday morning. Them delivering it on Monday was useless to me. Thus I sat under the doorbell for five hours to make sure they didn't avoid delivering the package that time like they had on so many other deliveries.

I was on the phone talking to the UPS boss at the delivery truck's facility less than five minutes after their system showed the driver had been at my door.

I explained in detail what happened and told that boss that I needed him to have his driver turn around and come deliver the damned package.

The boss told me that the driver had already returned, checked in his truck, and gone home for the weekend.

I used to work down the street from that UPS facility. I've driven 95 mph in the wee hours of Christmas Eve morning when there was no traffic and it's impossible to make that trip in less than 20 minutes, much less in less than 5 minutes.

I told the boss that. He basically told me I was a liar and that their drivers could make that trip through afternoon rush hour traffic in less than five minutes plus have time to check in their truck and leave their facility.

Sure.

I demanded that they use their Saturday delivery service to deliver my package since they'd made no attempt to deliver it on Friday. That was purely a harassment tactic on my part because getting the package delivered after I needed it on Saturday morning wouldn't do me any good but I was riled up by that point.

That boss flat out refused to consider delivering the package on Saturday.

I took down his name and employee number plus the employee number of the driver to make a complaint to their corporate HQ. But by the time Monday rolled around, I decided it'd be better to quit using UPS. The most I could have hoped for was a refund of their fees and I would have had to have worked harder to get that concession from their HQ than that amount of money was worth.

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Drone fishing is actually a thing.  Not fishing for drones, but using drones to fish, or more accurately to drop the hook where you want it (like 1/4 mile offshore).

Do you happen to know whether or not that's usually covered by a standard fishing license?

https://sports.theonion.com/nike-recalls-sweat-wicking-shirts-that-pulled-gallons-o-1838185582

Warning customers to return the garments should they find themselves being drained of all fluids, Nike recalled thousands of sweat-wicking shirts Tuesday that inadvertently pulled gallons of liquid directly from wearers’ bodies. “If you or anyone you know puts on a Legend Dri-FIT short-sleeve training shirt and then immediately shrivels into a dried, wrinkled husk, please contact Nike for a full refund,”

On 9/26/2019 at 10:44 PM, Cancer said:

You have more patience than I do.  Of course, my line of work is one where patience is required in other ways.

Once you learn to be calm at my blood pressure level, you really don't have any other choice.  It's not biologically possible for it to get higher, so you just can't get riled up any more.