But I did not swear!

Asperion

I’ve always been fond of “Mother Pus Bucket!!!”  I was once on the sales floor and managed to drop my end of a large office desk we were moving onto my foot.  I yelled that out LOUD and a few minutes later (the exact amount of time it took my boss to get from the far side of the store to where we were.)

My very reasonable boss said  “I know it hurt but don’t swear on the floor.”  I told him what I said and that none of those words were swears.  I could see the wheels turn as he tried to remember exactly what he heard.  He nodded his head and said  “Your right.” and walked away.

My sister told me that, when she was a teenager, she backed a car out of our garage without noticing that another car was parked right behind her.  (And how the feldercarb could she not notice that when she opened the garage door, especially since that was in the days before automatic garage door openers?)

Anyway, when she smashed into the other car, my dad came out of the house and shouted, "CHEESE AND CRACKERS!!!"  I always found that an amusing way of "swearing".

I’m fond of using the word “fantastic” at work, which has the advantage of being totally unclear as to whether I’m using it sarcastically or not. 

Another phrase I use is “Christ on a stick”, though I’m not sure it isn’t just as offensive as normal profanity. 

On 3/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, Old Man said:

I’m fond of using the word “fantastic” at work, which has the advantage of being totally unclear as to whether I’m using it sarcastically or not. 

I do this as well. My students seem to be be quicker on the uptake than your co-workers.

Which is sad, really.

4 hours ago, Pariah said:

I do this as well. My students seem to be be quicker on the uptake than your co-workers.

Which is sad, really.

No, I'd prefer it if your students were sharper than my coworkers.  One, because it gives a very slight ray of hope for the future, and two, because my coworkers are flippin' stupid.

On 3/22/2019 at 6:11 PM, Old Man said:

8 hours ago, Pariah said:

Which is sad, really.

3 hours ago, Old Man said:

No, I'd prefer it if your students were sharper than my coworkers.  One, because it gives a very slight ray of hope for the future, and two, because my coworkers are flippin' stupid.

Shouldn't that be "... my coworkers are fantastically stupid"?