6th Edition Island of Dr Destroyer Reboot

Christopher R Taylor

Earlier this year, I did the "Island of Dr. Destroyer 2.0" (actually, it's more like 4.0 due to players over the years but hey). I pulled out all the stops and the episode lasted about 5-6 hours. I prefer the original picture the most but that's my preference. Definitely a fun, fun module.

So, C Taylor, I say go for it!

Kestrel Arts is proud to announce that the 6th edition remake of Hero Games's classic first Champions module The Island of Dr Destroyer is now live and on the shelf!

This bundle includes the pdf of the full module, plus the Hero Designer files for all characters and vehicles included in the module.

A Print on Demand version is in the works.

You can find the file here at DriveThruRPG as part of the Hall of Champions community project

On 10/6/2020 at 2:44 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Its an homage to John Byrne's magnificent Fantastic Four #249 cover:

spacer.png

I think that's the issue where Gladiator picked up the Baxter Building by its corner and the fans went crazy objecting that the building should have crumbled under its own weight.

(As if cars could really be picked up by grabbing their door or bumper....)

I think that's the issue where Gladiator picked up the Baxter Building by its corner and the fans went crazy objecting that the building should have crumbled under its own weight.

Actually that's the way Reed figured out how to defeat Gladiator, because there's no way he could pick up the building like that.  So Reed concluded he's using some sort of telekinesis to protect himself and deal damage, so they distracted him and Susan knocked him out.  Some day I want to have that entire Byrne run, its so well done.

By the way, if you pick up a copy, it helps the sales (and hence, the wallet of both me and Hero Games, who gets a cut) if you drop a review on the site.

I tried to do something differently with this, in that I put some "treasure" into the adventure.  Not the usual kind, like a magic sword for the warrior, but things that can be recovered, used, or taken advantage of by the player characters, if they are clever and observant.

By the way, big news coming out about this soon, regarding both Print versions and the adventure its self.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2020 at 9:22 PM, archer said:

(As if cars could really be picked up by grabbing their door or bumper....)

It was revealed that Gladiators powers were telekinetic in nature.

On 10/10/2020 at 11:53 AM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Some day I want to have that entire Byrne run, its so well done.

Get the Fantastic Four Visionaries - John Byrne. I have all 8 plus the Alpha Flight. For an 80s throwback 4-color game it's worth it.

snapshot.jpg

On 10/10/2020 at 12:53 PM, Christopher R Taylor said:

Actually that's the way Reed figured out how to defeat Gladiator, because there's no way he could pick up the building like that.  So Reed concluded he's using some sort of telekinesis to protect himself and deal damage, so they distracted him and Susan knocked him out.  Some day I want to have that entire Byrne run, its so well done.

By the way, if you pick up a copy, it helps the sales (and hence, the wallet of both me and Hero Games, who gets a cut) if you drop a review on the site.

In Byrne’s Man of Steel run he set up Superman’s powers the same way.  
  Str. & Flight as TK,  invulnerability as Force Field,  Heat Vision as Pyrokenisis etc.

It will be a while but the next adventure planned for rebooting is Escape From Stronghold (the second one released by Hero).  As this was less an adventure than just a setting, I'll be expanding it considerably into more than it was even in the 4th edition Classic Enemies rewrite.

2 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

the next adventure planned for rebooting is Escape From Stronghold (the second one released by Hero). 

Sweet!

Can you put an actual adventure in it this time?  Maybe something featuring an escape, perhaps from Stronghold.   :lol:

yeah, I'm way older now (arent we all?), but that has bugged the scrap out of my inner pedant for decades now.....

• 3 weeks later...