What Is the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

Pariah

43 minutes ago, Michael Hopcroft said:

Years ago, my mother took me to Undercover Blues. She loved it. I could not tolerate a minute. As a spy comedy without actual comic scenes, it seemed interminable. It was, in fact, torture to watch.

I kind of liked that one.  I even had an NPC Agent type named Jane Blue in a game I ran.    MORTY! still cracks me up.

I saw Undercover Blues in the theater with about a dozen of my friends from a local SF/Fantasy group. We all loved it, but most of the audience seemed to react like they were watching paint dry. Well, except for one guy a few rows ahead of us, who seemed to enjoy it as much as we did. My sister-in-law asked, "Should we invite him to the next meeting?"

3 hours ago, csyphrett said:

The parts with Randy Quaid and Stanley Tucci were great, especially with Morty trying to get his own back and constantly getting hammered.

CES

See? This guy gets it. :thumbup:

And I can see the bit about wanting a spy movie to be more serious. I think of Undercover Blues as the spy genre's answer to the Pink Panther films

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw the Legend of the Lone Ranger for the first time. And that is bad. So bad that the lead actor never made another film and neither did the director. Jason Robards who was established was exempt from anything happening. Christopher Lloyd was a bit restrained as the bad guy but really did nothing wrong. Michael Horse who played Tonto went on to do better work notably in Twin Peaks and the X-Files.

The film suffers from trying to do too much with the origin story and takes too long with it. The ending also feels a bit rushed. It does not help that the actor played the Lone Ranger was dubbed.

But what really hurt was banning Clayton Moore who played The Lone Ranger from doing signings or appearing in costume as the character. This generated really bad negative publicity and did the film in. 

• 2 weeks later...

How remiss of me not to mention 

Natural Born Killers

Where to begin ? How about the fact that there is not one character to route for. We are supposed to empathise or sympathise with two serial killers ? No.

Robert Downey Jr's accent. Oh dear. Tom Sizemore as the police officer and Tommy Lee Jones as the prison governor who are vile. People putting the two killers on a plinth to adore ? No.

Irrespective of the fact that I do not like Juliette Lewis.

This film is garbage and I would urge people to avoid.

• 1 month later...
On 4/23/2022 at 5:06 PM, death tribble said:

How remiss of me not to mention 

Natural Born Killers

Where to begin ? How about the fact that there is not one character to route for. We are supposed to empathise or sympathise with two serial killers ? No.

Robert Downey Jr's accent. Oh dear. Tom Sizemore as the police officer and Tommy Lee Jones as the prison governor who are vile. People putting the two killers on a plinth to adore ? No.

Irrespective of the fact that I do not like Juliette Lewis.

This film is garbage and I would urge people to avoid.

Sometimes going for satire does not work. I have not seen the film, but I know what it was trying to do. But it sounds overambitious and full of the fetishization of murder that they were trying to warn s against. In many cases our celebrity and noteriety-based culture has gone too far. It's hard to go too over-the-top in fiction when Kyle Rittenhouse happens in the real world.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:07 AM, L. Marcus said:

Battlefield Earth. 

On 3/7/2022 at 6:36 PM, Spence said:

oh

oh....

oh.......

Curse you L. Marcus

I had finally forgotten that steaming pile and now you have restored every painful moment to my memory :weep:

The only movie worse than Starship Troopers on earth.... 

Gah!

Double curse you L. Marcus

I had completely forgotten about this thread and was browsing and then this abomination happened AGAIN!

Will I NEVER be able cleanse my mind from these two horrific movies?

:weep: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/2/2022 at 11:53 AM, Pariah said:

See? This guy gets it. :thumbup:

And I can see the bit about wanting a spy movie to be more serious. I think of Undercover Blues as the spy genre's answer to the Pink Panther films

The original The Pink Panther is rarely seen today. The remake is probably epic bad, but the original is a deft sp[oof on the "gentleman thief".  Yes, Peter Sellers did take over the film, and yes he was brillirant and played a brilliantly-drawn character. But an aging David Niven is great too.

I have not inflicted Steve Martin's Clouseau on myself. No doubt the film is as bad as I heard it is, because lightning can be made to fill the bottle only once. It's clear, though, that he loves the history and the character,.

It's sort of like the much maligned Blues Brothers 2000, where Elwood Blues must get a new band together after the death of his brother, while also taking care of a rebellious orphan. As a comedy, it doesn't work. But the music... Dan Akroyd is a great lover of the blues. It is seemingly in his blood, and BB2000 is a love letter to the music that saved his soul.. And there is much great music here. So I would call it a semi-bad film. It is possible to hate a movie and love both the soundtrack and the love that went into its production.