What Is the Worst Movie You've Ever Seen?

Pariah

The Fifth Element is a classic.

The worst film made incredibly entertaining by Rifftrax was Birdemic: Shock and Terror

Some of my least favorite movies of all time:

Movie 43.  A series of obnoxious "comedy" bits

Batman & Robin:  already mentioned

Holmes & Watson.  Almost walked out on it.  

The Murder of Nicole Brown Simpson.  Just obscene.

I always think of Willis's cabby as Harry Canyon from Heavy Metal. It just makes it work, for some reason. It is one of the few movies I will stay on for a bit if I flip across it. And when I saw Tucker's character, hated it until I realized I was laughing my head off at him. Part of that is that he is persistent and doesn't change, ie, he makes it not be just an act. Rumor was, the character was written for Prince, which I can't imagine.

21 hours ago, MrAgdesh said:

Closely followed by the 5th Element.

8 hours ago, Psybolt said:

The Fifth Element is a classic.

6 hours ago, Starlord said:

Yeah, Fifth Element is great.

I actually enjoyed 5th Element.  It was a campy over the top type of movie that I would categorize with Hitchhikers Guide

Not a fantastic film, but at least it wasn't a...

"Bait and Switch"

"We are lying about what we made"

"Oh, we'll claim it was satire :rolleyes:"

kind if movie.....

2 hours ago, MrAgdesh said:

I hope you at least stayed around long enough to see Chris Tucker's character.

I got as far as Milla Jovovich's character. Sadly, even that wasn't enough to make me stay.

Bruce Willis .oO(Who let this living cartoon into my action movie?)

37 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

Oh, you barely got into it at all. You have a low tolerance for exposition. 

Oh, I don't think that's true at all. I just didn't find the story anything to capture my interest to make me want to get into it. I also didn't like the Jean Paul Gaultier style of the thing.

Eternals was just as painful, only didn't have the eye candy.

1 minute ago, Pariah said:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is worth mentioning in this context. It starts off kind of slow, and then refuses to get any better.

I found it almost as uninteresting as 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Star Trek: The Motion Picture reintroduced people to the franchise and brought back the old crew. I can excuse any failings it has as a result. Not so, Star Trek V. This is the absolute worse of the all the Trek pictures and is a standard for bad films. There may also be a subplot of Shatner getting back at some of his crew, Uhura's dance, Chekov and Sulu getting lost and Scotty getting knocked out. 

I haven't seen the live-action Attack on Titan movie and so can't comment on what was presented there, but I've watched all of the anime that's been released so far (seasons 1-3, season 4 part 1).  Before watching it, having only seen images and short bits, I had originally just scratched my head over the appeal, but decided to give it a try after talking with someone about it.  Without spoiling anything - which, admittedly, won't then really answer your questions - I just have to say that it's a complex story and bit of worldbuilding which unfolds only slowly, so you start off thinking things are one way (and having one set of questions as a viewer), but changing perspectives and new information make for some dramatic shifts in understanding.

I like it, but totally get that it isn't for everyone.  Yes, there's some gore, but it's not the focus, and it's not trying to be photo-realistic or anything.  I'm not a horror/gore fan at all, so if that was its main focus, I would have ditched it early on.  It is character and story focused, with a lot of development of both.

To me Attack on Titan is grotesque and disgusting, with their leering, sexless giant cannibalistic mockeries of humanity expressing some component of the Japanese cultural zeitgeist I can't relate to or grasp. That's not my response to gore or nudity as such, but I feel like I'm watching the working out of some sort of fetish beyond my comprehension. But as you might expect from that, I didn't get very far into the series, so I'm not aware of whatever other depths or complexities may have arisen that make it worthwhile to others to keep watching. You have a right to enjoy whatever you find harmlessly entertaining, but I won't be joining you.

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

I have no problem with the Alien, or Predator, killing people for example. For that matter  all manner of creatures from crocodiles to dinosaurs eating people. But why should the Titans be people ? Or resemble people ? And why then do they have to be naked ?

There is an underlying story that explains most of this fairly clearly but it's just not possible to condense a 60+ episode anime into a movie without leaving out quite a bit plus the story wasn't complete when the movie was made.

Spoiler

The Titans are people. They're the remnants of an elite army from the apocalyptic war. The ability to change came from genetic enhancement weapons and can rarely be passed on to offspring. Basically,  the secret rulers of the cities don't want to allow the Titans back into society and create the walls to keep them out. Many Titans cannot change back to human form easily and revert from human to Titan with disastrous results if inside the walls(They go berserk.) The leaders of the Titans are fighting an escalating war to rejoin society.

They eat people for the horror factor(Used less and less as the story progresses.). Seeing mom getting devoured alive has a more visceral effect that just seeing her stepped on like a bug. At least to the Japanese psyche.

The anime is completing this season or next(3 month cycles) but most of the big reveals are filmed.