Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

I admit I haven't followed the Scottish independence movement, so the only policy I've heard suggested to follow "Scoxit" is for Scotland to rejoin the EU. Which is understandable, I guess.

But speaking of precedents... One of the arguments I heard for "Scoxit" was that if the UK can leave the EU because it doesn't like being dictated to by Brussels, why shouldn't Scotland leave the UK because it doesn't like being dictated to by London? But then where do you stop? Several months ago, the BBC did a story about people in the Orkneys who feel little love for the rest of Scotland. Suggestions of "Orxit" are probably just the locals having a laugh at the expense of silly southern folk who clearly don't have enough real work to do. Probably.

Any further discussion of the merits or demerits of Scottish secession should probably go in the Politics thread. I'm only commenting to bring up the "Orxit" joke.

Dean Shomshak

Wilko Johnson who played in the band Dr Feelgood and then Ian Dury and the Blockheads died Monday. He played the executioner in Game of Thrones first two seasons. In 2013 he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and did a farewell tour. But two years later he was declared cancer free. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25671434

RIP

12 hours ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

I'm surprised he pled, altho from what I've seen, he didn't have much of a defense.  Maybe to avoid any death penalty prosecution?  I could see the federal charges dropped as part of a plea bargain, and I'd be fine with it.  The state charges include life without parole...and when you're 19, that's 50, 60 years?  My personal opinion...that's worse.

Makes me sad...and feeling old.  79....  I was still in college when Rumors came out.

They did a concert at CU, in Folsom Stadium, my freshman year.  HUGE!!!! concert.  JAM PACKED.  No, I didn't have a ticket...spending money?  Non-existent.  Caught parts of it in areas around the stadium, as did quite a few others.  This was their massive Rumours tour;  it'd come out only 3 months earlier, so they were at the absolute top of the rock world.

https://www.facebook.com/dailycamera/photos/a.442345411190/10152368344776191/?paipv=0&eav=AfalTl8FliyU7tlPkMJNI54xZMCdd1dJ4sMgs03qZIip0Bt5Mky2GxPVxEWl9TC278I&_rdr