Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Yeah, Regina's hilarious in a down-home country wiseass sort of way. (Because Regina's player is.) Most of these gaming quotes come from online gaming... I've been putting it off if only because I didn't want you to get the wrong impression, and I don't want to ruin it, but there's a V:TM irc channel that, well... it's not that it's gone far off cannon but they ditched the system, threw in house rules, and basically said "f-it" to the whole "You're supposed to play vampires a specific way, all angst and gloom and personal horror." The end result is that it's ostensibly VTM, but it plays kinda like Buffy if it was written by the writers of the West Wing. Give me a PM if you're interested in joining in. They could always use new players.

Yeah' date=' Regina's hilarious in a down-home country wiseass sort of way. (Because Regina's player is.) Most of these gaming quotes come from online gaming... I've been putting it off if only because I didn't want you to get the wrong impression, and I don't want to ruin it, but there's a V:TM irc channel that, well... it's not that it's gone far off cannon but they ditched the system, threw in house rules, and basically said "f-it" to the whole "You're supposed to play vampires a specific way, all angst and gloom and personal horror." The end result is that it's ostensibly VTM, but it plays kinda like Buffy if it was written by the writers of the West Wing. Give me a PM if you're interested in joining in. They could always use new players.[/quote']

Who cares how they play? The quotes are fantastic!

Yeah' date=' Regina's hilarious in a down-home country wiseass sort of way. (Because Regina's player is.) Most of these gaming quotes come from online gaming....[snipped the rambling']

I'm just saying I like that character's responses that were put up. (Caleb feels so cliched to me.) It's okay, you don't have to explain the rest of the game, and it's not like no one else has played Vampire without changing things about it.

(The Next Night.)

Caleb: "Erin, you got a moment?"

Erin: "Yeah, what's up"

Caleb: "I wanted to ask you if you have accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. And if so, if you could tell me how to trick Jesus into thinking that I have..."

Erin: (Doubletake, lifts brow, scratches the back of her neck.) "I don't think you can trick him, Caleb"

Caleb: "It's regarding my stalker...ers... Basically, Reg suggests that a little faith can work miracles. Problem is, I'm so desperate I'll try anything, but not desperate enough to do the whole religion thing."

Erin: "You can't fool him. He knows more about you than you know about yourself. Either you believe or you don't, but religion isn't part of it. It's between you and him alone."

Caleb: "See, I don't buy that. If it was direct between two people - then why the need for the middlemen? Wouldn't we all be priests? Maybe, just maybe, the reason there's so much bureaucracy in place is because it's nessessary. And in any bureaucracy, there's loopholes. I used to work for congressmen. If you follow the idea that incompetence rises to it's own level, Jesus should be even more gullible."

The party is resting up at an inn and Tobias, young half elven boy (sort of a group mascot, DNPC) is sent up to tell Elanna (a priestess) she's needed in the common room. He walks in on said preistess as she's changing clothes and gets an eyeful.

Elana goes ballistic and we're not sure if she's wants to spank the kid or hang him. Finally, one of the characters says "Calm down girl! He didn't do it on purpose and look at him! He was problably half expectin' to get milk out of 'em!"

1: "We're watching Hellraiser later."

2: "Man, the Cenobites are awesome."

Me: "Cinnobites? I think they had those on the McDonald's breakfest menu for a while."

3: "The taste of cinnamon...and unspeakable agony. Pleasure and pain, indivisible, served until 10:30 am every day."

Me: "Yep. That's the McDonald's breakfast menu alright."

And maybe the best webcomic line of the year so far, from CRFH:

"...uh, wait. What's with all the smoke?"

"Uh...I'm actually not sure. I think...I think that I was just drycleaned by God. Or something."

"Man, you just have to upstage me every time, don't you?"

Caleb: "See, I don't buy that. If it was direct between two people - then why the need for the middlemen? Wouldn't we all be priests? Maybe, just maybe, the reason there's so much bureaucracy in place is because it's nessessary. And in any bureaucracy, there's loopholes. I used to work for congressmen. If you follow the idea that incompetence rises to it's own level, Jesus should be even more gullible."

grin, who says that bureaucracy is necessary? It just gives some people something to do, out of the way.

The female gamer of the group playing a stunningly gorgeous (of course) independent bad-assed type, walks into a local pub. After a few moments where she sits at the bar quietly talking with our contact who has the information we need, an extreamly large lumberjack type from a table full of others just like him who have all obviously been hitting the booze, walks up and tries to put the moves on her.

With a flick of the wrist (and a well timed crit) her blade is back in its sheath, she has turned back to the informant and continues to talk like no interuption occured, and the lumberjack sobers up to the fact that his guts are now spilling out onto the floor.

informant: "What was THAT all about????"

PC: "Oh, I have just found that there is nothing like a gaping chest wound to take a man's mind off of Sex."

Two from my Heroes Unlimited game Monday night.

Mickey's character has been cursed with the body of a Pomeranian. He is supposed to secure the head of a demonic mercenary villian for a cure. The heroes follow the villain to the Transylvanian mountains where they find a castle.

Josh (laughing): We're going to fight Dracula! We're going to fight Dracula!

Mickey: Shut up. Don't give him any ideas.

The guys found a graveyard on the way to the castle. They were set upon by werewolves, One of them grabbed Mickey's PC, and prepares to bite. Unfortunately for it, Mickey bit its nose first. It struggled valiently with the Pomeranian hanging from its snout before another PC chopped it down.

CES

Our quote of the week (said several times during the game) was: "And I thought I had an ego!"

We were going to Dr. Silverback's lab to stop a fire, and it was . . . I forget the guy's name, but he's radioactive and an underling of Dr. Destroyer's.

Anyway, between the egotistical scientist and superpowered older teen in our group, we had a healthy dose of ego in that game. And I'm not talking about the stat.

Our quote of the week (said several times during the game) was: "And I thought I had an ego!"

We were going to Dr. Silverback's lab to stop a fire, and it was . . . I forget the guy's name, but he's radioactive and an underling of Dr. Destroyer's.

Anyway, between the egotistical scientist and superpowered older teen in our group, we had a healthy dose of ego in that game. And I'm not talking about the stat.

IIRC, Dr D's stooge is named Gigaton.

[Player 1 is helping New Player get used to the game. Player 1 did the actual write-up for the New Player's character & this is her first Hero game.]

GM: Right, so Kali's Speed 4 lets her next act on Segment 6.

Player 1: Wait, her character's Speed 5.

GM, in an accusatory tone: No, her character's a Speed 4. It says so right here on the copy you gave me.

Player 1 [leans over to look at the sheet the GM's pointing at]: Uhm, that's Wraith, my character's sidekick. I think *that's* her character's sheet [points to the sheet next to it].

GM [Looks back and forth ath the two sheets]: Uhm, right. She's speed 5. What can I say, the sheet was upside down.

Wow, glad to see this thread alive again. I went looking for it several days ago and could not remember the name.

Anyway, last weekend we started an All Flesh Must Be Eaten campaign.

Our characters are low level, normal people, which means that we aren't very good at things like shooting!

The campaign is just starting so our characters know nothing about zombies.

We were visiting a college campus and they started popping up.

We found a couple of guns, killed a couple of zombies, managed to escape the campus, and headed toward the nearby town.

The first building was a Police Station.

Inside we see a Biker in a small cell being menaced by a Zombie.

We take a couple of shots at it, but do very little damage.

From inside the cell, the Biker yells: "Aim for the head!"

At this point we both shoot and roll "1"s, the worst possible miss.

As a couple of bullets whiz past him, the Biker yells:

"No! Aim for its head!"

KA,

Last week's game:

Jim: Hello?

Me: Jim, It's Seth. No game today. I don't feel well.

Jim: What do you have? Are the lung gnomes back?

Me: Weeeeelllllll..... I went out to Rudy's with Terror and Carlito last night...

Jim: A-ha! It's the 12 ounce flu! Go to bed. Wuss.

reminds me of a gaffe by the DM that totally destroyed the mood of the game.

it was supposed to be a gritty sewer crawl,

laden with horror by monsters lurking in deep water and deep darkness.

He tried to describe the formless invertebrates that were oozing up . . .

but the faux pas that came out of his mouth was "boneless hermaphrodites" :nonp:

reminds me of a gaffe by the DM that totally destroyed the mood of the game.

it was supposed to be a gritty sewer crawl,

laden with horror by monsters lurking in deep water and deep darkness.

He tried to describe the formless invertebrates that were oozing up . . .

but the faux pas that came out of his mouth was "boneless hermaphrodites" :nonp:

Oh, I don't know. I think that would scare the hell out of me. :eek: