Jokes

Dust Raven

Spawn of Fashan (which I *have* seen) is another viable candidate. It's just about as readable as Das Kapital.

Richard Armitage shuddered at the esoteric tomes on the shelves of the German who had just captured him. Proudly displayed were The Book of Azathoth, Liber Ivonis, De Vermis Mysteriis, Parchments of Pnom (bound in human flesh no less), Unspeakable Cults, Cultes des Goules, and, horror of horrors, THE book guaranteed to shatter the sanity of anyone who read it and send them into a murderous rage, Das Kapital.

ARAPROSDOKIANS are figures of speech in which the latter part of a sentence is unexpected.

Winston Churchill loved them.

Some examples:

1.   Where there's a will, I want to be in it. 

2.   Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak. 

3.   If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

4.   War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

5    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit.  Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad. 

6.   They begin the evening news with 'Good Evening,' then proceed to tell you why it isn't.

7.   To steal ideas from someone is plagiarism.  To steal from many is called research.

8.   In filling in an application, where it says, 'In case of emergency', notify:  I put 'DOCTOR.'

9.    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

10.   Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they look sexy.

11.   Behind every successful man is his woman.  Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.

12.   A clear conscience is the sign of a bad memory.

13.   I used to be indecisive.  Now I'm not so sure.

14.   Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. Nor is there any future in it.

15.   Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

16.   Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

17.   I'm supposed to respect my elders, but it’s getting harder and harder for me to find one now.

18.  I am not arguing with you, I am explaining why you are wrong.

A blind man walks into a department store with a seeing eye dog. He picks it up and swings it around in a circle by its leash. The salesperson asks him what he is doing, to which he replies, "Just looking around."

A blind woman walks into a bookstore with two seeing eye dogs. The salesperson asks why she needs two, to which she replies, "One is for distance, the other for reading."

• 2 weeks later...