Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

A bit of an unusual commission (for me). Friends of mine wanted a sumac leaf, as they have several of the trees on their property, painted onto their sink cabinetry. Thought I would share.

Sumac1.jpg

Sumac2.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

My wife has a character named Susan Macmillian batter known as Poison Sumac.

Poison Ivy homage, though with a bit more dryad in the mix...

Heh, it took me a minute to get the significance of the name.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a chance to do a cover for "Messiah". This was one fun cover to do! It was fun researching all the different faces... and finding a sweatshirt that would work.

Wanted to share and to shill for Chris Perrin, the game designer of the game.

Here is a link to what Messiah is about. Sounds like fun!

http://knrpg.blogspot.com/2008/07/introducing-messiah.html

And here is what I did for the project:

Messiah72.jpg

Here is a winged dude with a bow for a supers game.

PFalcon72.jpg

And this one has a bit of a story behind it.

I met Millie 23 years ago. She became my wife after 4 years of living together. We broke up a year later. But parted on very good terms. I always thought the world of her, but we simply where too young, too different (she is Puerto Rican, I'm a white guy without an ounce of religious upbringing, she comes from a huge family and is a twin, I come from a tiny family. I was a raving geek, she was not etc. etc.)

18 years pass and we meet again and rekindle our romance this last xmas. She is now moving to my home town and I'm very happy to have this 2nd chance.

One of our causes of friction was she thought role playing was "stupid". Now, many years later, and because she is a nurse instructor, she uses roleplaying as case study-teaching aides every semester. When we rekindled, she expressed large interest in trying out this odd hobby of mine (ours).

This picture is her first character, done during play. She played 4th ed D&D this last Saturday and had a great time, wants to do it again. She was very nervous, but my fellow gamers did a wonderful job of embracing her and her character. I had a great time. So... there's the story behind "Midnight aka Serielle, Paladin of Avandra".. Millie's first character.

Midnight72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

Awww...

My grandmother in college was sweethearts with a young man named Paul. Got along great, but lots of differences in background and religion, pressure from families pulled them apart. They both went on to marry other people and have children and grandchildren, and both survived their spouses. After a time they got back in touch, started seeing each other and got married. It may have taken 40 years but eventually they ended up with who they were supposed to.

Good luck, hope your story has a similar happy ending!

Huh... that has GOT to be weird... new, yet utterly familiar... huh... and how odd that your hobby was a point of contention and now a bonding point. Huh... really makes me think. Good luck!

Women... you can't live with 'em, and... wait, yes you can. I have my 11th anniversary next weekend. =)

Huh... that has GOT to be weird... new, yet utterly familiar... huh... and how odd that your hobby was a point of contention and now a bonding point. Huh... really makes me think. Good luck!

Women... you can't live with 'em, and... wait, yes you can. I have my 11th anniversary next weekend. =)

Congrats! Now give up the smoking little man and you'll live long enough to see anniversary #50!

:D

Congrats! Now give up the smoking little man and you'll live long enough to see anniversary #50!

:D

Great, now I have to get the smoking speech even in the forums... :P

Anniversay #50 would put me at 72 years old, probably in a wheelchair and wearing diapers. May as well smoke, it might cover the smell. Then again, I guess I'd look more like my avatar...

Great, now I have to get the smoking speech even in the forums... :P

Anniversay #50 would put me at 72 years old, probably in a wheelchair and wearing diapers. May as well smoke, it might cover the smell. Then again, I guess I'd look more like my avatar...

Well if your avatar didn't smoke I'd have never mentioned it! :P

Now that is inspiration to make a pencil dance!

It's the plot to a perfect chick flick. So who do you think should play you and Millie in the movie? :D

John Cusack for me. At his geekiest. The lead singer from TLC looks a bit like Millie, wonder how good her spanish is. Tionne Watkins (thank you google).

Thanks y'all for such nice comments. Just showed Millie, she was thrilled.

wow, this thread is huge. i don't have time to read through the whole thing, so i don't know if you're still using the multiply method to color your drawings.

but the multiply method seems to dull down the colors, since it darkens whats on the layer below it. i would like to see some more vibrant colors in some of these.

to me your pencil sketches and line art are your strength. your color work is still good, but not as strong as your lines.

that's just my comment. i'm sure you've been painting since before i was born.:drink: