Need an organization name

Darren Watts

Hey all! Tapping the combined brainpower of Herodom Assembled again- I'm looking for a name for a "Star Labs"-style organization that specializes in superhero-style advanced science, the kind of people you call to analyze the wreckage of a UFO, find a cure for an alien virus, or mount an expedition into the antimatter universe. It's a private group, allied to but officially unaffiliated to any government entity, with a big bankroll from private funders, so I'm thinking of something like "The XXX Foundation (or Society, or something like that.)" They're definitely good guys (at least most of them are) and they should sound optimistic about the progress of humanity in general. Anybody got a good name? All I can offer is credit in a forthcoming Hero book and the envy of your friends... dw

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Need an organization name

Are there rights issues with METE? Or Quest? Otherwise those would be good fits. Why reinvent the wheel?

If you can't/won't use the above:

Daedelus Foundation, Daedelus Inc., etc.

The Empire Club (transformed from pulp origins into a high-tech think tank)

ARGENT Front Foundation (oops! :hush: )

Project 5K (as in year 5000 AD, looking ahead)

The Impossible Foundation (IF)

The Center for Realizing Emergent and Enhanced Possibilities (CREEP)

Apollo Labs

Phaeton Foundation

Project: Paradigm

Alexandria Society (referring to the lost library)

Foresight, Inc.

Prometheus Foundation

I vote for the Metahuman Experimental Science Sqaud, better known as MESS!

On a more serious note, how about something like ARC Labs? ARC could stand for "Advanced Research Concepts", which leaves it nice and open for what they work on and also has a fun bit of dual meaning.

Word on the street might even be that they are taking genetic samples from all the super humans and storing them in a massive cryo chamber...

I like the idea of an organization that is bold enough to just call itself "The Future," but doesn't sound very humanitarian.

Just to throw other ideas out:

The Humanity Project

The Seed (I like this one the more I think about it)

The Life Foundation

The Schweitzer Memorium Project (as in Albert)

NORTHSTAR (National Organization for the Realization of Tomorrow for Humanity' date=' [b']Space Travel[/b], and Astronomical Research)

And you could have propoganda ads like "NORTHSTAR... Tomorrows Realities Today" or "Shining the light on the Future of Mankind."

I'm not even going to try, I like this one. It has a good ring to it - The Northstar Foundation - a guiding light to the future....

Doc

I like "The Tomorrow Foundation" although there are a number of very good choices on the list. I don't think an acronym would really fit that well, though that may be a personal quirk.

I do like the idea of them introducing themselves with, "Hi, we're from Tomorrow."

Perhaps the Seldon Foundation, or even Serendipity.

Lots of ideas out there.