MancerBear's Art Den

mancerbear

Re: MancerBear's Art Den

Thanks Mike...

I have to say, the War of the Worlds is a huge favourite of mine, both the origianl HG Wells story, and all the others that have come after it (comics, movies, animations, soundtracks, you name it... though not all of them have been up to scratch). I seem to have a thing for Mars in general, as I love the John Carter of Mars books by Edgar Rice Burroughs, and most movies that involve Mars...

Hmmm... that gives me an idea :)

Cheers,

John Carpenter's Ghosts of Mars perhaps? :D

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, this is a tough choice.

Aesthetically, I prefer #1. It shows more of your drawing style, is more interesting visually, and .. completely contradicts its own leading text, unless you intend the blue-furred critter to be the ninja, and the tiara-wearing woman to be the cow, or vice versa?

Honestly, you need a #3.

#1 is busy and lacks a ninja cow reference (which many here think appropriate, myself included :)).

#2's typography as difficult on the eyes, but it does have the ninja cow. The inclusion of negative space allows quick comprehension, but I'm confused by the compression of the header type when there seems to be no obvious reason.

Consider symmetry. Either you take a symmetrical approach or the asymmetrical approach. Pick one, stick with it and you'll have more success. #1 is symmetrical though the extraneous type looses its meaning by being forced to opposite sides of the bar. #2 is a perfect example of accidental asymmetry. While you may have intended to ground the majority of your message and art in the left portion of the bar, you haven't gone far enough. The result is something that looks more like an accident than intentional asymmetry.

#3 should have a dynamic layout (perhaps with ninja cow :)) coupled with sensible organization (design), symmetry and typography.

Good luck!

#1 'cause it features my favourite character of yours: the blue furred tazmanian devil (whattsisnameagain?);)

#2 it is NINJA COW! We get the idea. But you can definitely do better than that. :thumbdown

There is only one way. Back to work: You need a #3. Sorry! :doi:

• 2 weeks later...

to rep means: to add to someone's reputation

you can click on the scales in the top right bar of each post and give reputation to the author of the post, if you liked what you read or saw

right now you have a reputation of 139 yourself, meaning your posts have inspired others to give you some reputation:thumbup: