Quote of the Week From My Life.

Lucius

Re: Quote of the Week From My Life.

"They used to call female sailors "Waves". It stands for 'Woman's Auxiliery Volunteer Emergency Service'".

"Yes, join the navy and ride the waves!"

"That's awful."

"That's why they changed it to Winds". "Women in Naval Department Service."

"Join the navy and let the Winds blow you!"

"Get him!"

OMG! Completely and utterly repped! :)

while discussing the sad fact that a future in space probably means getting comfortable with a shopping mall style environment...

"No you don't understand. What I'm saying is that Jessica is willing to turn into a mutant rat girl before I'm willing to live in a mall. You have NO idea how much I hate malls."

Him: What's your spirit totem animal?

Me: I dunno. What's the craziest, stupidist, most dangerous animal out there that still managed to live long enough to breed?

Him: Um. Humans, I think.

Me: Then that's me. :eg:

I'm going to quote you on that.

Lucius Alexander

My tote is the palindromedary

I would be sad if you didn't! :)

I'm going to quote you in a new age site full of people who talk about their spirit guides and animal totems.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary claims Lucius Alexander as a totem animal

"I want to see Santa when he comes."

"Sorry kid, no one can see Santa."

"But we saw him at the Christmas party."

"Yeah, but he wanted to be seen. When he's delivering presents, he's busy, so he mostly stays invisible."

"Oh, I get it! Santa is a ninja."

"That's right, kid. Santa Claus is a ninja."

"The rectal thermometer is a tradition!" White Elephant party. The thermometer has now made five appearances the last three years over christmas. (And yes' date=' it's unused, in original packaging.)[/quote'] Some day that thermometer will end up in a museum of primitive technology. I wonder if there will be puzzlement over the function of this device and why so many were contaminated with fecal matter?

My own today, just an observation about my facial hair:

[h=6]My grooming habits are sad.

With clippers I'm awfully bad.

When I trim up my beard,

It starts to look weird;

If I hadn't begun I'd be glad.[/h]

19 year old acquaintance comments on an article he just read on the web:

"Wow, there's this article about a 100 year old prostitute. Who would want that?"

"Rule 34. No exceptions."

"I just can't wrap my brain around it"

"This is mild. It's not like she's an amputee or has tentacles. Are you new to the internet?"

This happened years ago. I was tutoring a student who went to Catholic school. He was having trouble with his math homework.

Student: I hate the guy who invented math. :thumbdown

Me: God invented math. :tsk:

Student: I DON'T HATE GOD! I DON'T HATE GOD! :angst:

Wife, looking askance at the never-been-washed burnt-orange backpack I bought back in 1979, which nowadays is what I use to carry dice, character folders, munchies, etc., to gaming night: "So should I get you a new backpack, or is that one an artifact?"

Me (caught completely by surprise) ((blinks twice)) [best Yosemite Sam/Foghorn Leghorn voice]: "Woman -- There is nothing, I say nothing, wrong with this here back pack. I have had this back pack since nineteen-aught-seventy-nine, and it carries my stuff just fine. And if I don't wash it for another twenty-seven more years of carrying my stuff, it will grow legs and carry my stuff all by it self! So if you get me a new backpack, I will have to wait fifty-nine more years to get one that will carry my stuff by it self!"

Wife, looking askance at the never-been-washed burnt-orange backpack I bought back in 1979, which nowadays is what I use to carry dice, character folders, munchies, etc., to gaming night: "So should I get you a new backpack, or is that one an artifact?"

Me (caught completely by surprise) ((blinks twice)) [best Yosemite Sam/Foghorn Leghorn voice]: "Woman -- There is nothing, I say nothing, wrong with this here back pack. I have had this back pack since nineteen-aught-seventy-nine, and it carries my stuff just fine. And if I don't wash it for another twenty-seven more years of carrying my stuff, it will grow legs and carry my stuff all by it self! So if you get me a new backpack, I will have to wait fifty-nine more years to get one that will carry my stuff by it self!"

...Did you get a new backpack?