The Flash

Greywind

Oh, yes. My wife is enjoying it, too. I've been thinking about the absence of Wells from the show and noticed that Cavanaugh hasn't been hiding his suspicious actions the way he used to. His expressions now just say that he is not one to be trusted.

This is my only must-see-TV in a while. Probably since DS9 went off the air.

I am still keeping up with it. The build up to Reverse Flash and the Wells / Barry showdown is great. I too share the concerns about what will happen once that showdown starts but I have some faith in the show to stay compelling. Plus they have already started to develop the Gorilla Grodd plot line so they at least have one more super villain lined up already. 

That said, Gotham is still my favorite. ^^

La Rose. 

I loved the confrontation between Snart and Flash in their last appearance. Barry letting them go, but warning "no more killing" or you go away a long time. Turning the Rogues into the characters they are. Now becomes more of a chess match between Cold and Flash, which is as it should be.

Also, LOVED the Trickster episode. Showing photos of Hamel in his Trickster outfit from 90s show was great. Reminded me again why he made such a great choice for the Joker, as his Trickster was really the prelude to B:TAS's joker, with Prank being the prequel to Harley. I once heard a radio interview with Mark where they asked him to do the voice, he told them they couldn't watch, as he alters his face. One of the DJ's (Mark and Brian) peeked and said he absolutely contorted his face when doing it.

Arrow remains good also, and I am loving the addition of ATOM. So, on TV we have Arrow, Flash, Firestorm, Black Canary (who has 2 tech people in Ray and Felicity and needs to get some more gear) and ATOM. Only thing I am not happy about series was the 180 degree turn by Captain Lance. It took a long time for Ollie to build up trust between them after the return, and to have him flip on Ollie, his daughter and the rest that quickly when learning of Sara's death, seemed abrupt.

It's a fun show, but it sure likes its characters to act stupid sometimes. In fact, the entire episode last week was just painful. And the whole "we must keep Iris in the dark" thing has become so idiotic that I am almost ready to stop watching. I hate it when the script requires characters to lose about 100 IQ points just for the plot, like when Eddie suddenly appears at Barry's place claiming the DA just decided to let him go, and Barry buys it. Or when Caitlin decides to confront Wells, alone, at Wells' home, despite all the dire suspicions of everyone else she knows and trusts. Dumb dumb dumb.

There's a point where the fun factor no longer trumps the so-dumb-its-retarded factor, and this show is skating awfully close to that point for me lately.

• 4 weeks later...

My daughter and her friends love The Flash but hate Iris with a passion.  Yesterday, I pointed out to her that "West-Allen" doesn't absolutely mean that Iris marries Barry.  Maybe she marries his second cousin, Larry Allen, who works at the DMV in Gotham City and has been nicknamed "the Slowest Man Alive".  :winkgrin:

In deference to those who haven't watched the finale yet, I'll hold off on posting my thoughts for a few days.