In other news...

tkdguy

I knew a guy in college who planned to do exactly that.  He had a lot of police and paramilitary gear, and tactical plans for forced entry into crack houses.  Unfortunately (?) he couldn't find the drug dealers.

He didn't do it right.  If you say the words "I'm going on patrol!" and then you fly over a dark alley on your swingline, criminals will appear in said dark alley.

Stay away from the water. Further away. Tell you what, read this and you think about how far you want to be..

Eels climb and send pulses of electricity into threatening creatures

Electric eels can propel themselves out of the water and attack perceived threats using high-voltage pulses much like those of a Taser, according to findings published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. Electrophorus electricus freezes underwater prey with jolts sent through the water, but researchers noticed that the eels would fling themselves out of the water at perceived threats much larger than anything that could be considered prey. They climb the threat, sending pulses of electricity as they move.

I knew a guy in college who planned to do exactly that.  He had a lot of police and paramilitary gear, and tactical plans for forced entry into crack houses.  Unfortunately (?) he couldn't find the drug dealers.

I knew someone who DID rip off a drug house.  Unfortunately for him, the police were going in the front door while he was going in the back.     He was seriously offended that he lost his gun rights...

I am glad he was no more than an acquaintance. 

Hmmm, what if some guy takes $150 from you, you grab and throw him down trying to get your money back, and he hits his head hard and dies?

Then I've killed a guy for $150 bucks and hate myself for life. And I believe I've assaulted someone. Not in Idiot State, I know, but in reality. 

Call the cops. If she had drawn a gun on him or broken into his house that's one thing. This is drawing a gun because you think someone tricked you or cheated you. Shooting people over card games is that macho bullshit from cowboy movies. 

And additionally: The article in its brevity, did not state that she bolted. It stated that she refused to have sex with him and that he assumed that was part of the deal. That's more better business bureau than ok corral.

Hmmm, what if some guy takes $150 from you, you grab and throw him down trying to get your money back, and he hits his head hard and dies?

Depends. What race is the guy who ended up dead? :straight:

Then I've killed a guy for $150 bucks and hate myself for life. And I believe I've assaulted someone. Not in Idiot State, I know, but in reality. 

Call the cops. If she had drawn a gun on him or broken into his house that's one thing. This is drawing a gun because you think someone tricked you or cheated you. Shooting people over card games is that macho bullshit from cowboy movies. 

And additionally: The article in its brevity, did not state that she bolted. It stated that she refused to have sex with him and that he assumed that was part of the deal. That's more better business bureau than ok corral.

Yeah, I was just asking a hypothetical as I'm a bit confused as to how that law is applied.