In other news...

tkdguy

I would expect nothing else.

I'm not certain it applies to us, also. I don't know that our food processor is a Cuisinart, and if it is there's a good chance it's old enough the recall doesn't hit us (I think it's the one we got as a wedding gift back in 1995).

Britain is going to the polls on June 8th. The Pm called a snap election that most MPs voted for as you now need a two thirds majority to have an election outside of a fixed term.

Theresa May has gripped Brexit like an old lover. It took a decade for Britain to get into the EU, and now it has to leave in two years. I hope you come through this okay, DT.

CES 

It's odd how Europe tends to get hit with terrorist attacks right before elections are held. It's almost as though they're related somehow.

It's always been that way. Sending a "you're not safe" message before the election is a long practiced terror tactic. And if it helps governments that are going to be repressive get elected, so much the better -- it reinforces the message,

This happened all the time in the 1920s and 1930s, when Communists and Fascists used these tactics to great effect. Battles in the street between Nazis and the Communist "Spartacists" helped put Hitler in power.

Now current terrorists are not interested in taking over Europe. Their message is for consumption back home.