In other news...

tkdguy

About ten hours until we are supposed to hear from the Cassini mission, which dived between Saturn's cloudtops and the inner edge of its rings earlier today; Saturn is between us and the spacecraft until about midnight PDT tonight.

We'll see if the spacecraft still survives.

Of course, that's a bit misleading without taking into account how many animals that airline transports in comparison to other airlines.  If you read the clarification at the end of the article, you learn United has a lower death rate (per 10,000 animals transported) than several other airlines mentioned.  For instance, Hawaiian Airlines had a "murder rate" (your wording, BTW) nearly twice that of United in 2016.

True, although it's hard to draw direct comparisons when Hawaiian flies far longer routes on average, and Envoy (aka American Eagle) is a regional that flies small Embraer and Bombardier aircraft.  Ideally we would also know what kind of animals were being transported; pet dogs and cats are one thing while live chicks are routinely sent through the mail with a less than 100% expected survival rate.

Also I've been practicing my clickbaity outrage-inducing headline writing, let me know if it's working.

About ten hours until we are supposed to hear from the Cassini mission, which dived between Saturn's cloudtops and the inner edge of its rings earlier today; Saturn is between us and the spacecraft until about midnight PDT tonight.We'll see if the spacecraft still survives.

Contact reestablished on schedule: it survived. Frankly, I wasn't optimistic.

Possible.  I don't know, I really don't pretend to have any nuance to the legal system, when I get right down to it.  I do have a habit of feeling like it take common sense morality and twist it like a pretzel.   Or like I am trying to deal with an alien society in real time.

It's not just you. (Some) Lawyers often do twist common sense into a pretzel.

Lucius Alexander

Twisting common sense into a pretzel and feeing it to a palindromedary.